Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

I just created an online account which has 0 loyalty points, phoned them up this morning and the woman said that it was no bother and is posting the tickets out first class today. She also said that they were on general sale. Try option 2 as that is customer services, not just ticket sales

Well done. See you both at the usual place around 9.15

No. We the fans can say what the hell we like to who the hell we like but football clubs cannot  slate the mother  ship.  They ( the clubs ) made the rules..

Ann Budge has had numerous pops at them since taking over.  Leanne Dempster did as well from memory.   What happened to them?  I'm also absolutely certain that Celtic and the other ones will have issued criticism previously if something didn't suit them. 

I agree that the response has to be a bit more measured than how we as supporters might be feeling about it but don't accept at all that Saints are unable to say nothing.  No wonder their organisation of the game is an absolute shambles if nobody is ever allowed to point out their failings.  North Korea indeed.  I'll expect a press release from the SPFL saying Neil Doncaster got eight holes in one on his way to a round of 31 at Augusta National shortly. 

Edited by Al C

I hear what you are saying Chef but to me the club have set an expectation of a reply with the post on the website

St Johnstone FC fully understands and shares the disappointment this outcome will cause ticketless supporters and will provide a response in due course.

Due course could be anytime. I am not holding my breath.

I have supported Saints for over 60 years,including the worst days in our history but I have never felt so let down by this club as I have in the Son of Brown years.

Guest ScottMann

I have supported Saints for over 60 years,including the worst days in our history but I have never felt so let down by this club as I have in the Son of Brown years.

I hope Honest Saints Fan doesn't know where you live.

What do you mean by that?

I think he means you will be upset at me having another go at Broonie.

To clarify it is more the communication side of things & lack of leadership that upsets me. It seems the only time anything gets done is when it is highlighted or suggested on here.

I am aware though that on the firld they have been the best days since the Ormond years.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=4037

Thats the kind of statement we all wanted.

Following yesterday’s decision not to allocate any further tickets to the St Johnstone support for Saturday’s League Cup semi-final against Hibernian FC at Tynecastle, St Johnstone FC Chairman Steve Brown has issued the following statement: 

“The first thing I want to say is that I fully share in the frustration caused by the delay in the announcement not to allocate Main Stand tickets to Saints fans and I can understand the anger and disappointment of ticketless fans.

I can assure supporters that from the outset these Main Stand tickets were intended for St Johnstone fans. However, with increased concerns about access, egress and segregation arrangements in that corner of the ground being raised by safety and security staff at Tynecastle and Police Scotland the SPFL took the decision that the final approval for the release of these tickets to St Johnstone would be delayed in order to gauge sales of Main Stand tickets by Hibernian FC and maximise the chances of an alternative segregation and operational arrangement within the Main Stand.

Coming at a time when fan engagement has been recently stated as a key objective for the future of our game I find the timing of this decision – five days before the match – outrageous and I would state that this is totally unacceptable to St Johnstone Football Club. I would hope that lessons are learned from this fiasco in order to avoid any repeat of the uncertainty and disillusionment suffered by the people who matter most – the supporters."

Following yesterday’s decision not to allocate any further tickets to the St Johnstone support for Saturday’s League Cup semi-final against Hibernian FC at Tynecastle, St Johnstone FC Chairman Steve Brown has issued the following statement: 

“The first thing I want to say is that I fully share in the frustration caused by the delay in the announcement not to allocate Main Stand tickets to Saints fans and I can understand the anger and disappointment of ticketless fans.

I can assure supporters that from the outset these Main Stand tickets were intended for St Johnstone fans. However, with increased concerns about access, egress and segregation arrangements in that corner of the ground being raised by safety and security staff at Tynecastle and Police Scotland the SPFL took the decision that the final approval for the release of these tickets to St Johnstone would be delayed in order to gauge sales of Main Stand tickets by Hibernian FC and maximise the chances of an alternative segregation and operational arrangement within the Main Stand.

Coming at a time when fan engagement has been recently stated as a key objective for the future of our game I find the timing of this decision – five days before the match – outrageous and I would state that this is totally unacceptable to St Johnstone Football Club. I would hope that lessons are learned from this fiasco in order to avoid any repeat of the uncertainty and disillusionment suffered by the people who matter most – the supporters."

Oh and by the way Rangers can get tae ****! We will not be considering any offers from these cheating bastards for our Mikey! We are now concentrating all our efforts on beating Hibs and we have instructed our Legal team to begin proceedings against Rangers for "Tapping him up"

Fixed for accuracy.

I think he means you will be upset at me having another go at Broonie.

To clarify it is more the communication side of things & lack of leadership that upsets me. It seems the only time anything gets done is when it is highlighted or suggested on here.

I am aware though that on the firld they have been the best days since the Ormond years.

statement out, just for you.

You wouldn't have been holding your breath for long. Credit where it's due, a good statement firmly laying the blame at door of SPFL and recognising supporters as the most important people

Some humble pie Cagey?

Firmer statement than I was expecting from stevie to be honest. Fair play in that respect. Especially as they will be very aware of the potential financial repercussions brought on by speaking out.

Fiasco and outrageous will be the words that make the headlines when the press report on this, which reflects the situation pretty well.

I'd still like it to be made clear to our fans how many tickets we actually requested for the fixture though. However I doubt we will find this out now. It's appearing more and more likely that saints have been happy to accept a lesser allocation than we received for the Aberdeen semi final, which if correct shows great naivety on their part, and although the frustration is being aimed at the SPFL just now, some of the responsibility for the situation should lie on the club's shoulders.