Scottish Cup 5th Round - Saints v Partick 11/2/17

jhq

Surprised no thread for this yet. Probably most folk still on a downer after Sunday I suppose.  Time to move on from that though.  So bring on the cup and Thistle.   I love the cup and I'm as optimistic as ever about our chances.   Strong starting 11 and the same appetite and energy as we showed against Celtic and we will be okay here I think.

ETA - just noticed that the only other match thread I have started this season was vs Stenny in the cup. Hopefully keep my record. 

Edited by jhq

442 or 352 ? Would be a shame to drop one of Watson or Foster. Can Watson play as a CH and Foster plays the at ting right wing back role. In saying that Tam is a natural at CH. Just some thoughts to start with as we build up.

Think we should go 3.5.2 as it worked well against Celtic til he too off Foster & went 4.4.2.

looking forward to being entertained by the new Barca of Scottish football, it's like deja vu, dundee were hyped as this silky free flowing team in the last few years, never made top six, but their support prefered this to a top six finish

Think we could have a good run in the cup this year and if play the same as sunday should get through this one.

looking forward to being entertained by the new Barca of Scottish football, it's like deja vu, dundee were hyped as this silky free flowing team in the last few years, never made top six, but their support prefered this to a top six finish

Think we could have a good run in the cup this year and if play the same as sunday should get through this one.

The only reason I am going is to drool over the silky Thistle :roll:

OK 5.3.2 same thing,but goes to 3.5.2 at times.

Can only assume you didn't actually see the match and just went by reports of a back five before the game. 

Formation depends on what TW reckons Partick will do, they dominated us with a 3-5-2 not too long ago. 

Ando, Muzz and Kane are all available 

Can only assume you didn't actually see the match and just went by reports of a back five before the game. 

Formation depends on what TW reckons Partick will do, they dominated us with a 3-5-2 not too long ago. 

Ando, Muzz and Kane are all available 

Was at game in usual seat. Looks like I am in the minority here. I saw it as 5.4.2 when defending & 3.5.2 when attacking.

I watched the highlights again & the 3 goals we lost were with 5 at the back.  The breakaway goal was when we were attacking & I think we were 5 at back at non penalty.

Anyway this is the Patrick thread & will wait & see if I see the formation as you guys.

My thoughts on this game are that we are playing with "house money". If we win great and we move on and hopefully land a nice tie with TV coverage to boot. If we lose it won't be the end of the world. I know I would take defeat to Killie far harder to bear than losing to Partick in the cup - I guess I'm symptomatic of the regard people have for cups these days.

I hope we set up with the idea of winning the tie in style. Partick are a tidy team and we might have our hands full - I wouldn't be surprised if this goes to a replay.

Team pretty much on the same lines as the "Penaltygate" game with Ando and Macca coming back in. Spoony starts with Alston on the bench. Won't be surprised if midge gets a start though.

Was at game in usual seat. Looks like I am in the minority here. I saw it as 5.4.2 when defending & 3.5.2 when attacking.

Cagey, would love if we could go 5.4.2. Is your thinking around we have two Steve MaClean's on the pitch ? That would balance up last weeks match right enough.

Edited by AthensSaint