Player contracts and transfers

David123

Massively disappointed to see Brown go but aware Tommy sees more etc. Will be interesting to see what level of club fancies a chance on him after his apparently mixed spell at Dumbarton. 

Happy with the rest and don't think Lappin is anything like as good as some people think, especially as Wright's comments imply he is fairly highly paid. 

Massively disappointed to see Brown go but aware Tommy sees more etc. Will be interesting to see what level of club fancies a chance on him after his apparently mixed spell at Dumbarton. 

Happy with the rest and don't think Lappin is anything like as good as some people think, especially as Wright's comments imply he is fairly highly paid. 

Yep - we signed him directly from Cardiff I think, so he would've been on good money. You could make arguments for both Brown and Lappin but I think the manager has called it about right with them to be honest. Lappin is similar to Craig and doesn't contribute enough for me and Brown doesn't quite have enough. He's got some very decent attributes and we may live to regret it, but think he will benefit from getting regular football elsewhere. He's never getting ahead of Davidson or a fit Millar IMO.

Can't have too many complaints. I prefer Craig over Lappin and while Brown was impressive against Celtic I suppose TW sees more than I do and one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Disappointed that it hasn't worked out with Sutton but it's paid off in one way by giving MacLean a boot up the arse.

Only one I can disagree with is Brown but obviously Tommy had a problem with him.

Lappin was injured quite a bit & only had a handful of good games.

The youth were of an age that they were not going to be in first team squad I think they were too old. I think they did OK on loan so hopefully get a team & some day see them again.

Disagree completely. Lappin has been a great asset to the club and has always put in a great shift. I hoped we would have retained him for another season. His crosses and dead ball delivery along with experience and reading of the game will be missed.

Simon, I salute you for your efforts and wish you well in the future.

Disagree completely. Lappin has been a great asset to the club and has always put in a great shift. I hoped we would have retained him for another season. His crosses and dead ball delivery along with experience and reading of the game will be missed.

Simon, I salute you for your efforts and wish you well in the future.

Maybe we've been watching different games. I've often seen Lappin do fine but rarely better

Simon lappin thanks for all your efforts over the past couple of seasons some of your dead balls and crosses were out of this world and that goal at ibrox was brilliant long live the king of spain

That goal at Ibrox came during a period that he was being roundly slaughtered on here for his performances. Happy with most of the moves. Wouldn't be surprised if another PL club took a punt on Sutton. Maybe Motherwell again! Sad about Brown but he was well down the pecking order and leaving might have been his decision.

Edited by Pat McGroin

Thanks to all who are departing especially Simon and Scott, will always remember the strikes against Dundee Utd and Rangers, Simon was a shining light when we had dealings with him after my youngest got hit in the face last Christmas, model pro and a really nice guy. Best of luck Simon all the best

Disappointed to see Brown gone, for me he was more deserving of a contract than Thomson, who seems to have just hit a goo patch of form when we were all shitting ourselves. Can't imagine he'd have been on huge wages either.

Suppose its maybe arrogance to suggest it was our choice though, and for all we know he refused to speak to us as he was after more regular football.

I'll miss Lappin too, got a rough ride of it from Saints fans for a while but has had some great moments with us.

The others are all pretty meh, never really seen much of them though tbf.

Delighted Suttons been told he can leave, while its likely just a matter of time before McKay is told hes also free to go. Not entirely sure going on holiday to Thailand when he could've been training and trying to impress was the wisest choice he could've made.

like the rest of us Brad will have had to have agreed his plans with his employers, if he had buggered off on holiday without the clubs permission then he would be facing action by the club I would suspect.

as for browns departure sorry to see him go. Thought he looked the part in spells.

I think it's fair to assume Lappin was one of our highest earners and as Tommy has hinted at, his departure is to free up money for the pot.

Sad to see Brown go. I'd rather have him in the squad than Paton. Always seemed to have a good attitude on the pitch.

1 of liam or lappin was going.

i love liam but feel that lappin has had a better season

Would take Liam over Lappin,but Lappin not a bad player.I think Brown wants to be a championship regular rather than a premiership squad player.Given the number of "seniors" in our team,we have to blood youngsters this upcoming season or the regulars will all be too old at once.