St.Mirren V St.Johnstone - Saturday 19th December

SaintJet

Losing too many goals to high balls in the box. We have big defenders who don't seem to be able to protect our goal or score at the other end.

Main thing though is we need a goalie to command his box. He either needs to be coached or replaced in January window.

Second bottom with 2 difficult games ahead . This could be a shit Christmas.

1 hour ago, Norsaint said:

As it stands that is us up to 6th and where we should be, above the Dabs. Hopefully that will be the way for the rest of the season.

Try 3rd 2nd bottom.

FFS been calling for goals for ages and when they come... defenders respond by adopting the suicidal approach.

Edited by Indicator

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Losing too many goals to high balls in the box. We have big defenders who don't seem to be able to protect our goal or score at the other end.

Main thing though is we need a goalie to command his box. He either needs to be coached or replaced in January window.

Second bottom with 2 difficult games ahead . This could be a shit Christmas.

Agree defenders cannot seem to defend crosses and dead ball deliveries despite the manager and an assistant being defenders.

Get the Goalie coach to f***, since he has been at the club Zander has not commanded his box or being quick at setting up any attacks - he used too but it looks as if it has been coached out of him.

Cannot see many Goalies available who would improve the position.

2 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

And? That all you’ve got to say? Very informed!!

Ever heard of the phrase comparing apples and oranges.

"Should have stuck with 3. Players not sure of their jobs as a back four. Been DRILLED on 3 at the back for so long now."

would be helpful if you included your original post where you stated we should of stuck with 3....we looked comfortable playing 4-4-1 and lost it when he reverted to the back 3 again.

not sure where I'm comparing apples to oranges as far as I can see im comparing defensive formations which as a whole is very much in the similar fruit category

Change of shape killed us, I think. Suddenly St Mirrens wide men have space to drift around, our central areas are overloaded, players start chasing shadows and getting frustrated.

Yet another goal conceded from a throw in. McNamara, the smallest player on the park, marking their main aerial threat for the winner.

Poor day for the management team.

Edited by RandomGuy

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Callum said we were comfortable until the 80th minute. Yeah that's because you made 2 stupid subs on 75th minutes.

Agree 100% with this. Saints were crying out for someone to keep st mirren occupied in defence and for some energy. Kerr and Callum cost us points today. Good spell with Rooney in back 3. No automatic return for Kerr this time.

28 minutes ago, The Dunblane Saint said:

Agree 100% with this. Saints were crying out for someone to keep st mirren occupied in defence and for some energy. Kerr and Callum cost us points today. Good spell with Rooney in back 3. No automatic return for Kerr this time.

Down to 10 men & fighting to stay in the game. You have Craig & Kane on the bench who do you bring on. Two guys that can't tackle a fish supper.

I have supported CD from the start but sometimes his decisions are worrying. Is he trying to give players game time rather than horses for courses.

51 minutes ago, The Dunblane Saint said:

And did you spot Hendry’s kick out at a st Mirren player? Lucky not a red.

and shouldn’t you be BofA saint? :)

2 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Clark is the most meh keeper since Kevin Cuthbert.

I get your point. He is no Mannus, Main or Rhodrs. The reality is he is going to be between the sticks until the end of the  season. We have to be so much better collectively in defence ....and yes that includes forwards. 

15 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

I get your point. He is no Mannus, Main or Rhodrs. The reality is he is going to be between the sticks until the end of the  season. We have to be so much better collectively in defence ....and yes that includes forwards. 

Yeah,defending is not all about heading the ball clear. Most defenders are cute at blocking off runs or drawing fouls.

The whole team is either not professional enough or too honest.

Edited by Cagey

My wife my daughter took a 300km round trip over the tundra to the next town to xmas shop, they came back the wife says saints got beat eh.How can you tell I says one look at your miserable puss she says, or maybe a Canadian version of that saying:angry:

Edited by john.w