Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

21 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I wonder if the fact he is only here on loan down to the late completion of the contract at Preston. It is interesting though that St Moirren are saying that they can recall him in January. Sky saying last night that the deal was completed with only 5 second of the transfer window to go. 

Given how things were going at St Mirren for him, I’d be surprised if that happens, I suspect it’s probably a ploy to get a fee from us rather than have us PCA him 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

I see Callum saying that Cammy MacPherson is the man he would have went for even if the McCann deal had happened earlier in the window. 

Suspect McMann would have the preferred choice in defence though 

You keep going on about McMann, saints weren’t interested in him once we signed Devine. McMann is a left back and at a push a dodgy left sided centreback, neither of which we needed?

15 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

He will play his usual 3 at back with wingbacks making it 5. A midfield 4 with MOH and Wotherspoon hopefully supporting Kane up front

Which on paper could read his 3.4.2.1  

We might see a formation change.

If Liam Gordon is out injured then the back 3 would be McCart and two young loan players. Or Rooney at CB. 

Rooney isn't a CB.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Think he's had a recurring back injury since playing in Holland, which played a part in his release from Norwich.

Think the club are trying to be careful with it, so he maybe gets left out if he feels a twinge etc., long term being careful now should help.

3 year contract for a known

crock. Good business. He has been with us a while now with very little game time. Bryson Mk 2 ?.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

crock. Good business. He has been with us a while now with very little game time. Bryson Mk 2 ?.

TBF to Bryson he featured well last season and certainly played a crucial role. It's unfortunate he's been missing this season so far.

7 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Cagey the boy got a knee injury after playing 25 games of the season for the dutch team. The injury was just before lockdown and then his club got relegated and cut back so he was one of the players released. 

No idea where Randoms recurring back injury came from as there is nothing on his stats about it, but maybe just a mistake. 

Saints didnt just give him a 3 years contract they had him in for a spell to see how he was doing and to check on him good business sense i would have thought. 

Oh and Bryson gets pulled into it surprised you have not mentioned his wage in that post aswell :laugh:

1 minute ago, rik2304 said:

TBF to Bryson he featured well last season and certainly played a crucial role. It's unfortunate he's been missing this season so far.

What is his injury just now?

5 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Cagey the boy got a knee injury after playing 25 games of the season for the dutch team. The injury was just before lockdown and then his club got relegated and cut back so he was one of the players released. 

No idea where Randoms recurring back injury came from as there is nothing on his stats about it, but maybe just a mistake. 

Saints didnt just give him a 3 years contract they had him in for a spell to see how he was doing and to check on him good business sense i would have thought. 

Oh and Bryson gets pulled into it surprised you have not mentioned his wage in that post aswell :laugh:

What is his injury just now?

I've no idea what it is. Can't recall seeing but he's been missed. Especially in Europe.

Edited by rik2304

12 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

The story of the accepted £500k bid from Hibs and contract offer came from one of Jason’s family on the day of the Galatasaray game. 

Kerr turned Hibs down because his ties with Saints are so strong and he didn’t want to ruin that for a few hundred quid.

Although I suspect it was also partly due to him knowing he couldn’t achieve any more there than he has here, and could earn much more moving down south. 

Thanks for reply

Gilmour is definitely a back injury. He got in on loan in Holland. Parent club recalled him as they weren't happy with how Telstar were dealing with it. He will develop into a great player when he's fit.

As I've said, I don't the the Brighton player or Devine are realistically going to sign long-term. Their parent clubs will just want them to be getting game time.

MacPherson and Crawford will be the two that we'll be able to sign at the end of the season if all goes well. I imagine that will be negotiated in January.

Muller and Middleton are the unknowns. Do their parent clubs still want to keep them? I imagine so, if they have a good season. At 19, Muller is very much too young for them to allow to leave permanently. I think Rangers feel that Middleton could still break into the first team if he has another good season with us.

1 hour ago, rik2304 said:

We might see a formation change.

If Liam Gordon is out injured then the back 3 would be McCart and two young loan players. Or Rooney at CB. 

Rooney isn't a CB.

You know he is not a centre back and I know he is not a centre back The only problem CD thinks he can play centre back. We could see Rooney Muller and McCart in a back 3 if Gordon not fit.

5 hours ago, Johnny B said:

You know he is not a centre back and I know he is not a centre back The only problem CD thinks he can play centre back. We could see Rooney Muller and McCart in a back 3 if Gordon not fit.

Are you saying that CD has the cheek to play someone at centre back that you and Rik don’t  think is a centre back. CD must go. 

Article in Daily Record re Jason Kerr where he said:

"It was important for me that St Johnstone got a good fee for me.  I was never going to force a move.  I'm glad they got money they can use."

"It wouldn't have felt right going to another Scottish club, I couldn't have done that to St Johnstone after all the success we had.  St Johnstone is all I've known - its my club"

Well said young man and you will be welcome back anytime.

18 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Callum wants some of these loans as permanent signings. 

Wonder which ones? 

I’m assuming the 2 Scots.

Muller is highly rated at Millwall, and I remember them saying he was knocking on the door of the first team when he came north so we can probably rule him out. 

Dendoncker is an unknown but you’d assume he’ll be technically good. Saw that like Muller, he can play defence and midfield so fits our current ethos.

He certainly has the pedigree, coming from Club Brugge to the Premier League, and I think he’s also out of contract in the summer, so it’s anyone’s guess if they plan on retaining him or not. 

Think Devine is maybe out of contract too, so might be an option but depends who’s sniffing about south of the border I guess.