Hibenian v St.Johnstone - Saturday 1st May

SaintJet

Great result. Essentially our B Team just beat the team who are supposedly the 3rd best in the country, and actually made it look quite easy. Everyone played well. Hibs hardly looked bothered once the goal had gone in.

I can't see Livi picking up points against Rangers, so 5th place may come down to us not losing against them in the final game.

13 minutes ago, Linky said:

Great result. Essentially our B Team just beat the team who are supposedly the 3rd best in the country, and actually made it look quite easy. Everyone played well. Hibs hardly looked bothered once the goal had gone in.

I can't see Livi picking up points against Rangers, so 5th place may come down to us not losing against them in the final game.

They kick off against Sevco at 6, we ko at 7.45, will know what’s needed goal difference wise before ko unless we take the spoils at Parkhead

1 hour ago, Brian Potter said:

Ruthlessly efficient.

Bryson has improved massively. 

Ive read loads on here from certain posters and it just makes me laugh , craig Bryson is a fantastic player and what a player he was for us , until the fans are in the stadium you won’t realise what he does , his work rate is unbelievable and I used to get tired watching him 

Think today's result is massive. Good defensive display, gave them stuff all. As a defensive unit, from defence to forwards, we've become really solid. Just hope no-one comes knocking for Kerr, McCart, Rooney.

Whilst most crave the cup success, and all that entails, we're in a pretty good position for Europe. To me it just comes down to 2 massive games now... Midden & Livi.

In an ideal situation, beat Midden & hope Hibs beat Utd. Beat Livi, and we've secured Europe. Then the cup final will take on a different tone for the players, regardless of result. Naturally we want to win, but a great position to be in. 

Wonder what SB has for their bonus payments?

5 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

Since we’ve finally caught Livi, would be interesting to know how many points they were ahead of us when wee Davey Martindale was talk of the town?

Don’t hear much from wee Davey these days.

It was the "fit and proper" hearing where this started going to shite for them.

On January 20th, they drew with Celtic, and were in 5th place with 32pts from 23 games. Saints were in 9th with 23pts from 24 played.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55642353

On the 24th, they win their semi-final.

On the 26th, the bawbag wins his hearing, and they fall off the rails. Since then we've made up the 9 point deficit: Livi have taken 12pts from 13 games, and the mighty Saints have taken 21pts from 12 matches. And, of course, took them apart in the League Cup Final.

8 hours ago, california_saintee said:

It was the "fit and proper" hearing where this started going to shite for them.

On January 20th, they drew with Celtic, and were in 5th place with 32pts from 23 games. Saints were in 9th with 23pts from 24 played.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55642353

On the 24th, they win their semi-final.

On the 26th, the bawbag wins his hearing, and they fall off the rails. Since then we've made up the 9 point deficit: Livi have taken 12pts from 13 games, and the mighty Saints have taken 21pts from 12 matches. And, of course, took them apart in the League Cup Final.

Wonderful  

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

That was a cunning ploy by Saints yesterday, playing in their yellow strip which made Portious pass to Middleton thinking he was in a Hibs yellow strip.

Yeah thats what I thought as well. His line of vision didnt look like it was obscured. Looked like he thought he was passing to his teammate.

Thought MOH played well again yesterday. Good pace and strength, needed a bit more support at times.

18 hours ago, Johnny B said:

What made it a b team? If we get Hibs in the cup final we have just seen a team that will beat them. 

We were without Clark, Rooney, Tanser, Craig, Melamed, Wotherspoon. I'd say these are all first-team players.

Forgot to say - another good game from Middleton. I think he's found his home and we need to get him signed up, at least on loan.

19 hours ago, Johnny B said:

What made it a b team? If we get Hibs in the cup final we have just seen a team that will beat them. 

It was a a B-team because it was made up of predominantly second-string players. Not sure I understand your question. We have seen a number of Saints teams that will beat them, and arguably more comfortably than yesterday’s team. No idea why we’d field a weakened team if we reach the final and play against Hibs.

16 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

No idea why we’d field a weakened team if we reach the final and play against Hibs.

I would never suggest fielding a weakened team.

As I stated on another thread Kane Middleton and O'Halloran have been our best combination who have played together as a front 3.  Playing that same formation up front in 3 5 3 does not weaken the team or make it a B team

25 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

As I stated on another thread Kane Middleton and O'Halloran have been our best combination who have played together as a front 3.  Playing that same formation up front in 3 5 3 does not weaken the team or make it a B team

Don’t think we can make that call based on 90 mins. Especially when I can only recall 1 shot on target and that came from a Hibs error. 

34 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Nae keeper? :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I can having seen the other combinations .

Who are a better 3. It is all about opinions

Wait a minute. Were you not the guy that was saying Middleton hadn’t impressed over the last few weeks? 

We wouldn’t have scored yesterday had it not been for the mistake Porteous made.

im sure we’ll be playing Melamed and May/Kane anyway so it’s a non story.