Sack the Manager?

Shibbydoo

Sack the Manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I think you could look at the double as a gift and a curse. It brought a lot of media attention and likely a lot more interest in our players than we otherwise would have had. 

I don’t think we would have had the exodus we’ve experienced if we’d finished runner up in both cups but the players are rightly taking advantage of that success. 

The clubs lack of ability to maximise income from their assets is another topic entirely. 

We should have had players last season on the phone to their managers telling them to get me a start with the European bound double winners

49 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Very true but right now in our squad what clubs would come in for them with decent dosh via a transfer?

At least we don't have to worry about losing players at 1 minute to midnight at the end of August.

I can’t be the only supporter feeling uncomfortable with some of the things being said about CD. 
It is awful to see CD going from hero to zero.. Difficult  to disagree with some of the things being said, but uncomfortable none the less.

In an ideal world he would have used the two cups (which is AMAZING btw) as a springboard to a managers position down south.. he’d have left a hero! 

Instead he has to contend with trying to turn things around pronto …imagine the pressure.. season hasn’t even kicked off properly and already his coats on a shoogly peg! I fear one way or another with or without CD it’s going to be a long season! 

F8F51453-D75C-4522-AF63-6585797E1AD2.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

I can’t be the only supporter feeling uncomfortable with some of the things being said about CD. 
It is awful to see CD going from hero to zero.. Difficult  to disagree with some of the things being said, but uncomfortable none the less.

In an ideal world he would have used the two cups (which is AMAZING btw) as a springboard to a managers position down south.. he’d have left a hero! 

Instead he has to contend with trying to turn things around pronto …imagine the pressure.. season hasn’t even kicked off properly and already his coats on a shoogly peg! I fear one way or another with or without CD it’s going to be a long season! 

Since the clusterf*** omnishambles that was last season, this is how Callum has addressed it…

Lost Zander Clark 

Lost Jamie McCart

Lost Callum Hendry

Lost Shaun Rooney

Failed to re-establish a relationship with Eetu Vertainen 

Signed 35 year old Andy Considine

Signed 33 year old Graham Carey

Signed 32 year old Jamie Murphy

Signed Drey Wright who is an injury prone winger (when we don’t play with wingers) and who only started about 4 matches last season

Signed 19 year old Adam Montgomery who has only played the equivalent of 17 professional football matches in his career since it started in 2020.

31 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

He tried. He applied for quite a few jobs down South & had some interviews, but didn't get any. He blamed this on the fact that Saints fans didn't like him.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saints said:

Clearly you were not watching last season? Nothing sudden about what's going on here.

Also never great when the club historian can see it too.

https://www.thepotentmix.co.uk/post/the-real-tragedy-of-st-johnstone-s-last-two-seasons

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Clearly you were not watching last season? Nothing sudden about what's going on here.

Also never great when the club historian can see it too.

https://www.thepotentmix.co.uk/post/the-real-tragedy-of-st-johnstone-s-last-two-seasons

I didn’t say I disagreed I just feel uncomfortable.. in the same way I felt uncomfortable watching Jim Storrie, John Connolly and Billy Stark when they were in their ‘death throes’ as a supporter you only want the best for your team.. this is a unique situation for Saints we haven’t had to sack a manager who has won us two cups before… and to answer your question I’m a fan who turns up every week home and away 

14 minutes ago, Linky said:

I can’t really say. Which is the odd claim?

Why would the Saints fans be to blame for him not getting a job. I doubt a Board factors that in when hiring a manager 

Our crap style of play, crap results and very meh signings over the past year will play much more of a part than our supporters opinion. 

1 hour ago, Wendy Saints said:

I didn’t say I disagreed I just feel uncomfortable.. in the same way I felt uncomfortable watching Jim Storrie, John Connolly and Billy Stark when they were in their ‘death throes’ as a supporter you only want the best for your team.. this is a unique situation for Saints we haven’t had to sack a manager who has won us two cups before… and to answer your question I’m a fan who turns up every week home and away 

My comment was more aimed at your last paragraph. The only reason he has to try and turn it round pronto is because he made such a mess of it last season. In my opinion he had his shot at it and we survived by the skin of our teeth due to Henry rather than anything Davidson did.

He needs to be sacked now.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Why would the Saints fans be to blame for him not getting a job. I doubt a Board factors that in when hiring a manager 

Our crap style of play, crap results and very meh signings over the past year will play much more of a part than our supporters opinion. 

Well, quite. This was the reason HE gave for not getting the job remember, not the actual reason.

25 minutes ago, Linky said:

Well, quite. This was the reason HE gave for not getting the job remember, not the actual reason.

I don't really understand this, so are you saying that the Saints manager has openly told folk that he was trying to get out and was not successful due to Saints supporters not singing his praises high enough? 

I dont understand if that is the case why Saints would have allowed this and secondly why if you are saying it is common knowledge why Saints gave him money to spend. 

I think some of the comments about callum are totally over the top but as I said yesterday there comes a time when you need to consider if a change is required. It is interesting that we see posts like 

6 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Signed 35 year old Andy Considine

Signed 33 year old Graham Carey

Signed 32 year old Jamie Murphy

Signed Drey Wright who is an injury prone winger (when we don’t play with wingers) and who only started about 4 matches last season

Signed 19 year old Adam Montgomery who has only played the equivalent of 17 professional football matches in his career since it started in 2020.

Because what it hasn't mentioned is the younger players that he has also signed like:

Bair     22 dropped

McPherson 23 suspended

Brown 23 in team 

Mahon 22 in team 

cleary 26 suspended

Hajlberg 26 in team 

Gallacher 23 injured

Gilmour 22

Yesterday team had a back 5 of 20, 35, 23, 22, 22

Countering that including the goalie he had 6 over 30s in that starting line up. Where as I would have expected a more experienced backline and a younger midfield and striker.  

There is something missing in either the way he is setting them up or is talking to the players if he is saying they are not going forward like he is asking them to. Which is weird are they scared to make mistakes? 

I remember Hibs fans used to say one of their successful managers in recent years did a great job but failed when he had to start replacing the players he was losing and this was where he fell down. 

22 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

There's a distinctive lack of leadership on the pitch and from the dugout...as for the deafening silence from the Main Stand....that's off the scale.

I dont know where you sit but I sit near the dugouts and I am bemused as to how you can say the manager and his coaches are silent. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Because what it hasn't mentioned is the younger players that he has also signed like:

Bair     22 dropped

McPherson 23 suspended

Brown 23 in team 

Mahon 22 in team 

cleary 26 suspended

Hajlberg 26 in team 

Gallacher 23 injured

Gilmour 22

Yesterday team had a back 5 of 20, 35, 23, 22, 22

Countering that including the goalie he had 6 over 30s in that starting line up. Where as I would have expected a more experienced backline and a younger midfield and striker.  

I’m not really sure what you are suggesting, however, as I see it, the guys, ages etc etc you have mentioned WERE/ARE part of the problem last season. The problem that he should have been trying to fix!!!!

My point was, we had a catastrophically bad season last season, agree? Good!

The season finished 8 weeks ago. SINCE THEN, this is what Callum Davidson has done to try and make amends for the absolutely disastrously appalling season be just had.

You are ok with that? As the solution? To the problem?
You are defending Callum Davidson when THAT, above, is his solution to the f*****g omnishambles we witnessed last season.

6 hours ago, mainstand said:

I dont know where you sit but I sit near the dugouts and I am bemused as to how you can say the manager and his coaches are silent. 

He did spend most of Saturday sat against a wall with his arms folded, like a stroppy child

5 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I’m not really sure what you are suggesting, however, as I see it, the guys, ages etc etc you have mentioned WERE/ARE part of the problem last season. The problem that he should have been trying to fix!!!!

My point was, we had a catastrophically bad season last season, agree? Good!

The season finished 8 weeks ago. SINCE THEN, this is what Callum Davidson has done to try and make amends for the absolutely disastrously appalling season be just had.

You are ok with that? As the solution? To the problem?
You are defending Callum Davidson when THAT, above, is his solution to the f*****g omnishambles we witnessed last season.

Yes no need for sarcasm though as you know what they say it is the lowest form of wit.

On.the point you are making I think Murphy clearly and Consadine are all relatively good signings. 

Yes I wanted more but is that the manager to blame or is it maybe the board as they are unsure on whether they want lots of signings for a manager who wants away and are reluctant to sign deals off?? 

8 hours ago, mainstand said:

I don't really understand this, so are you saying that the Saints manager has openly told folk that he was trying to get out and was not successful due to Saints supporters not singing his praises high enough? 

I dont understand if that is the case why Saints would have allowed this and secondly why if you are saying it is common knowledge why Saints gave him money to spend.

He hasn’t openly told folk, as fair as I know, but did say this to at least one person.

Why would Saints NOT allow this? The point of him signing a 3 year contract was because Brown thought he’d be snapped up by a club in England at some point, giving the club a big pay out. Why give him money to spend? Because we needed to stay up.

16 hours ago, Wendy Saints said:

In an ideal world he would have realised the game was up, and gone, no self respecting employer would let him limp on damaging there business

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

On.the point you are making I think Murphy clearly and Consadine are all relatively good signings. 

But they are not though are they. We didn’t need a winger.

But they are not though are they. We have been pumped out of the cup by Annan Athletic and Queen of the South before the season has even started.

We needed a striker and a goalkeeper.

We’ve ended up with over the hill mediocrity, the same manager, the same system, the same ignorance, the same problems - nothing has been fixed. 

Actually, it has got worse. We’ve lost Zander Clark who had the ability to make world class saves and win us vital points.

Actually it has got worse. We’ve lost Callum Hendry who has the ability to score goals and win us points.

Give yourself a shake!!