Pre season friendlies.

Cagey

I'm not one for panicking over pre season and never try and predict how our season may go after a few kick about games where its all about fitness and experiments etc. We've still got a couple more bodies to be added and hopefully the injured players will feel like new signings once fit.

I'm sure we've had many horrendous pre seasons but I'll reserve judgement until the first couple of games in our group stage before letting the panic set in. If we're still really gash at this point then I'll prepare myself for another run up to Xmas hurling abuse towards CD  :D

Can I just do a Mainstand. Perhaps Saints were caught cold with the delayed kick off due to the accident resulting in losing 3 goals in first 11 mins. Did they get right off the bus after sitting for hours ?.

We did win the second half 2-1.

Going by the half time subs Ballantyne, Gordon and Parish replaced by Cleary Consadine and Sinclair ,it looks like we changed from back 4 to back 5.

It sounds like the team was stuck in a long delay on the A9, then lost three goals in the first 11 minutes. That's plausible in a game about gaining fitness,

In many ways, conceding goals in pre-season is a good thing. It identifies the issues and helps you know what needs fixing. Clean sheets throughout pre-season can be a bigger problem. No-one has won the Six Nations and gone onto win the Rugby World Cup the same year, and that's put down to winners not identifying their weaknesses. I think the same applies to pre-season.

I'm not suggesting that conceding 6 is a managerial masterclass. But it's also not a sign of what to expect in real games. It's essentially an indicator as forwards who are prolific on the training ground, but useless on match days.

1 hour ago, That_Dave said:

It sounds like the team was stuck in a long delay on the A9, then lost three goals in the first 11 minutes. That's plausible in a game about gaining fitness,

In many ways, conceding goals in pre-season is a good thing. It identifies the issues and helps you know what needs fixing. Clean sheets throughout pre-season can be a bigger problem. No-one has won the Six Nations and gone onto win the Rugby World Cup the same year, and that's put down to winners not identifying their weaknesses. I think the same applies to pre-season.

I'm not suggesting that conceding 6 is a managerial masterclass. But it's also not a sign of what to expect in real games. It's essentially an indicator as forwards who are prolific on the training ground, but useless on match days.

England have.

4 minutes ago, saint-johns-toun said:

Is it clever to play 2 friendlies in two days or has the game against strollers tonight been cancelled? 

Would imagine if it went ahead it would be youths and fringe players.

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

Would imagine if it went ahead it would be youths and fringe players.

Looks like no fringe players apart from Jack Wills and Alex Ferguson , so youth team. Pretty good result then. Bring on Fraserburgh.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

After being in a long queue for 10  mins we are told we can go in any gate and  sit anywhere. Shambles as usual.

Least your in their mate, that’s a great start, now up to the blue wall to hold their line