Motherwell V St.Johnstone - Saturday 6th August

SaintJet

I was on holiday last week but "endured" the live reporting in the local bar: I for some reason was expecting us to do well against HIbs!

At 'Well this week and quite frankly if we get turned over from the Steelmen I can't see anyway back for Davidson.

We have that many players and I'm not sure I know them all so not sure what team we'll put out: I suspect that is part of the problem this year -  we have no identity.

31 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I was on holiday last week but "endured" the live reporting in the local bar: I for some reason was expecting us to do well against HIbs!

At 'Well this week and quite frankly if we get turned over from the Steelmen I can't see anyway back for Davidson.

We have that many players and I'm not sure I know them all so not sure what team we'll put out: I suspect that is part of the problem this year -  we have no identity.

mmm I reckon i could have a good stab at 9 or 10 starters myself to be honest Motherwell 0 Saints 1

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

If Alexander hadn't gone, I would've said we might've got a win here. Morale would still be low after the Euro exit.

However, they got a result against St. Mirren and the players will want to prove themselves to whomever might be coming in as the new manager. Some big names like Lambert have been suggested too.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Callum will have been working on tactics.

Keep the shape

Keep possession. Never pass forward as you will lose the ball 

Stay behind the ball and no more than one over the halfway line.

I’d never want Saints to lose, never……but if it gets Davidson out it would serve a purpose. How long will this misery continue?

2 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Tomorrow a win /win . Win and we win . Lose and we get a new manager ? Can’t remember ever half wanting us to lose before…. (That’s from someone who wanted to stick with Davidson longer than most last season….)

Never want to see Saints beat and it usually spoils my weekend but it got to the stage where I couldn't give a ****. Probably for the first time in my life though maybe during Starks time in charge.

4 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Tomorrow a win /win . Win and we win . Lose and we get a new manager ? Can’t remember ever half wanting us to lose before…. (That’s from someone who wanted to stick with Davidson longer than most last season….)

I think if we lose nothing changes, I don’t think they will sack him, they have had ample opportunities to do it but they have their heads buried in the sand

1 hour ago, rik2304 said:

Because of the opening day loss I expect Davidson to be more negative than usual.

Getting that first point will be everything and he'll park the bus harder than ever.

I suspect your right. A draw wouldn't be the worst result for Motherwell either after their win last week so this game will be last on Sportscene with 30 second "highlights"

Don't suppose the team will change much tomorrow. Assuming Phillips won't have signed in time, I'd think MacPherson in for Muzz and possibly May in for Bair, and that'll be it?

Pity Muzz is suspended as I think if he'd been available we might have gone for him and MacPherson both on the pitch at the same time, with Hallberg pushed further forward.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Don't suppose the team will change much tomorrow. Assuming Phillips won't have signed in time, I'd think MacPherson in for Muzz and possibly May in for Bair, and that'll be it?

Pity Muzz is suspended as I think if he'd been available we might have gone for him and MacPherson both on the pitch at the same time, with Hallberg pushed further forward.

I'd expect Gordon possibly in at the back for McGowan but agree about the rest. 

15 minutes ago, tucker said:

See supporter's bus cancelled from the saints club, only managed to get 18 fans to sign up if that isn't a clue how things are going, I myself don't think I'll be back with my season ticket until it's Callum Davidson is away 

Hope those 18 find another way to get to the game as they must be real diehards.