Bring back Tommy!

rik2304

Tommy Wright back?   

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We need a change!!

Someone who does the simple things very well.

Someone who is willing to change the shape and personnel to suit the opposition/magnitude of a match.

Someone who’s only ethos is to get points from football matches regardless of how pretty, popular or trendy it is.

Tommy Wright ticks a few boxes but it’s a bit like an ex-girlfriend, rarely works going back.

I said this at half time today, If I was Geoff Brown, and I know he’s done everything for our club he ever possibly could and he owes us nothing, I’d say he should step back in charge for 6 months. 

I don’t know if Flaherty should go or not, to be fair I know very little about what he does day to day BUT I think next week will be the first time the fans have boycotted the club in our history, wow, that’s a huge thing surely and our Chief Exec doesn’t seem to care, I ve seen no attempt to turn it around.

Geoff Brown phones Tommy Wright tonight, he accepts coming back for 6 months as well, Davidson either goes or goes back to working under Tommy ( it worked before ).

A statement is issued Monday apologising for the Rangers cup game debacle, it’s too late to change anything but it would do for me and I d go buy a ticket, I’m sure lots of others would too.

I would give it to Tommy until the end of the season. I think the feel good vibes would lift the team if nothing else.

But there is no way they are going to sack a manager when they are trying to sell, especially whilst we’re in 8th place which is considered an achievement by them.

2 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Tony Wright bought a new house over in NI two houses down from my friend just outside Belfast. I’d say he’s fairly settled back here now.

WHERE / WHAT IS JODY MORRIS DOING 

Would love Jody but I doubt we could afford him and if he would want the job 

Not sure Tommy would be my first choice (I'd be sounding out Jody Morris), but if he did come back I'd be absolutely delighted. 

I said when he left that the club would live to regret not doing more to keep our best ever manager happy, and I feel that has come true.

Parting company with Tommy at a point where he'd built us a young, exciting team and we were on an upward curve was just a massive, massive mistake. Perhaps he felt he needed a break, but surely the club could have found a way to give him that.

However, there's no point in bringing Tommy back without making sure things are also right behind the scenes. We know from previous experience that he needs to be happy with the club structure, or things start to turn sour. For me, the club has made a mess of not making sure behind-the-scenes arrangements are right for the manager, and Davidson has been affected by that just like Tommy was.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I'm "looking forward" to having any manager who's not useless, arrogant, miles out of his depth and prone to throwing his own players under the bus.

The thread is asking about bringing back Tommy Wright which is not going to happen.

Davidson has been manager for a few years now, we have seen a lot of success and we are still hanging in. I'd agree that if we fall in to another relegation battle it might be time to look at other options but it's just not practicle that this will happen now.

As a valued poster on this forum your disparaging comments about our manger do you credit.

15 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

The thread is asking about bringing back Tommy Wright which is not going to happen.

Davidson has been manager for a few years now, we have seen a lot of success and we are still hanging in. I'd agree that if we fall in to another relegation battle it might be time to look at other options but it's just not practicle that this will happen now.

As a valued poster on this forum your disparaging comments about our manger do you credit.

I agree with you that bringing back Tommy is unlikely to happen.

Unfortunately, in my opinion we are already in a relegation battle and we're going to see that picture worsen over the coming 3-4 weeks.

I'm going to assume you meant "no credit". If not, thank you. :laugh: