Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

That's what he says in BBC interview but on Saints TV he said a midfielder a winger and striker. A bit of a worry that he is confused.

In the Saints TV interview he says "a striker, a centre-half, still want a midfielder as well and maybe a wide player". He's been pretty consistent in what he's said we need. What makes you think he's confused?

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

In the Saints TV interview he says "a striker, a centre-half, still want a midfielder as well and maybe a wide player". He's been pretty consistent in what he's said we need. What makes you think he's confused?

Never heard the centre half bit in the saints interview leading me to think he said different things in two interviews.

We look very short in both full-back positions at the moment, with Brown seemingly still a bit away from playing and Booth not being risked at Stenhousemuir. Wonder if we might look to the loan market to beef up defensive numbers a bit. Or do we hope that the defender Macca is targeting has a bit of versatility and could also do a job as a full-back?

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

We look very short in both full-back positions at the moment, with Brown seemingly still a bit away from playing and Booth not being risked at Stenhousemuir. Wonder if we might look to the loan market to beef up defensive numbers a bit. Or do we hope that the defender Macca is targeting has a bit of versatility and could also do a job as a full-back?

He'll see Gallacher, Booth, Brown, McGowan and Wright as his full backs.

Its not ideal but i guess he has to prioritise and GK, CB, W, and ST came first. 

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He'll see Gallacher, Booth, Brown, McGowan and Wright as his full backs.

Its not ideal but i guess he has to prioritise and GK, CB, W, and ST came first. 

I suspect we might end up with more than one defender coming in. One CB certainly but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a couple of late loan deals to top us up in certain areas.

Minimum, we need a back up RB. Wright is not great there and should be RM. Max is not a RM and feel he is wasted there and may be loaned out again which might be the end of him.

Do we have anyone in under 18s that could cover RB. I am sure we have.

Also LCB at least as cover for Consadine or replacement.