Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, so we are a few months into this circus. The way I see it:

1. Rangers show absolutely no remorse and blame everyone else from sfa, spl to media.

2. They have well pissed off FIFA and uefa, which has in turn given the rest of the spl the balls to stand up for themselves.

3. There is no intention whatsoever for the to get a cva agreed.

So, I think I there are a few things going on now. Rangers and the media are breaking in the newco option gently, you just need to see the change in reaction to the very mention of it to see that, 2 months ago it was never an option, now it is being costed up etc.

The rest of the spl have been left waiting and so many have had to plan on the real possibility of no rangers, reducing the likelyhood of a newco getting passed. Now rangers talk of signing players for next year!!!

I think from a position a couple of months ago, where most thought rangers would get back in, they have spectacularly Ballsed up at every turn and now it looks increasingly unlikely.

As most thought, it took urfa and FIFA to get the spl to see rangers for what they are, bullies, cheats and self glorifying biggots, who thought they were bigger, better and cleverer than everyone else, who now are noting but deluded cheats.

I ken. They're thinking that if they drag this out for long enough and keep schtum then we'll all forget about what's been going on and when next season starts as 'norrmal' with RFC in their 'rightful' place in the SPL no one will nlotice RFC are still there. And we'll all be thinking 'that's funny - I'm sure that there was some stushie going on during the off-season about one of the clubs - ah never mind - couldn't have been anything important...'

hmmm

I simply cannot believe the breathtaking arrogance that sees them talking of spending handsomel on a european tour and on new signings (Gattuso apparently) when there are small businesses (paper and flower shops amonst others) who may go under because they haven't paid their bills! Surely if the money for tours and transfers is there then it must be put into the pot for the creditors! I am obviously exremely naive to think that the existing creditors must come first!!

I simply cannot believe the breathtaking arrogance that sees them talking of spending handsomel on a european tour and on new signings (Gattuso apparently) when there are small businesses (paper and flower shops amonst others) who may go under because they haven't paid their bills! Surely if the money for tours and transfers is there then it must be put into the pot for the creditors! I am obviously exremely naive to think that the existing creditors must come first!!

I just can't understand how or why they're doing this European tour. Surely the funds required for it just don't exist? What hotel complex or facility would actually trust them to pay up? Presumably this is all sanctioned by the administrators, which is even more baffling. And why are their fans not absolutely raging about this behaviour? Their club is on the brink, and they're pissing money down the drain. What exactly is the benefit of it, when they have a state of the art training complex and could easily arrange a few high profile friendlies at Ibrox to bring some money through the turnstiles. It certainly is arrogant, but even more than that it's just completely weird. Flabbergasting.

I just can't understand how or why they're doing this European tour. Surely the funds required for it just don't exist? What hotel complex or facility would actually trust them to pay up? Presumably this is all sanctioned by the administrators, which is even more baffling. And why are their fans not absolutely raging about this behaviour? Their club is on the brink, and they're pissing money down the drain. What exactly is the benefit of it, when they have a state of the art training complex and could easily arrange a few high profile friendlies at Ibrox to bring some money through the turnstiles. It certainly is arrogant, but even more than that it's just completely weird. Flabbergasting.

Well it does sound unreal but tevhnically under the laws of bankruptcy whether they continue as Rangers under a CVA if agreed or a newco New Rangers if the CVA fails, the situation is that everyone they traded with up to Administration get virtually zilch and the club can continue in whatever form with NO debt and start trading and playing with their 50,000 crowds, higher TV income, etc. etc. They will be better off. Even the SFA's penalty of a one year transfer ban failed.

We still await decisions by the HMRC and FIFA/SFA which might change that.

matt Slater of the BBC has tweeted that "D&P says HMRC has rejected CVA plan because of historic non-compliance & sheer size of tax debt. Not a rejection of Green, per se"

and "D&P also says HMRC wants to liquidate RFC plc to enable full investigation of last decade, & to pursue wrong-doers for lost tax..."

I wonder how the likes of Murry, that smug git Martin Bain, John Greig, Craig Whyte etc all feel about this.

it would be great to see all of the above being chased for all the tax and the truth coming out about the level of cheating that has been going on.

Interesting statement from Charles Green on the official TFOD site:

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2809113

He basically talks about the "new company" as if it's now a definite, but also says:

"The solemn promise I can make to Rangers fans today is that this Club will continue as Rangers Football Club and will continue to play at Ibrox Stadium."

How on earth can he make such a promise?

He basically talks about the "new company" as if it's now a definite, but also says:

"The solemn promise I can make to Rangers fans today is that this Club will continue as Rangers Football Club and will continue to play at Ibrox Stadium."

Duff and Phelps staing that udner the terms of the contract the sale of all assets will now proceed at £5.5m. How on earth can they do this.

The original name is The Glasgow Rangers FC plc is it not? I assume they can drop the 'The' to form a new company name. Or even just have a trading name with a different company name.

After the statement from the administrators liquidation is the only route.

It's really just one more lie. The guy makes a living out of being a chancer and its what the hordes want to hear. Its the way to keep them onside.

I do realise that your question was somewhat rhetorical though.

Surely HMRC must immediately seek an interdict to secure the assets of the artist formerly known as Rangers to prevent a sale at a price not reflecting their true market value.

If they are going to do this properly (and as a tax payer I implore them too) they must follow this through to it's proper conclusion.

INTERDICT

I suspect the newco option was always Green's preferred method of getting this through. He'll now simply pay the admins. for the 'assets' with the figure of £5.5m being mentioned. That does seem a wee bit cheap given the potential value of Ibrox etc.

Would be interesting if a third party made an offer for the assets of say £6m and stated they were to make Ibrox into a block of flats or something...surely Duff & whoever would have to accept the higher offer.

Good on the HMRC saying they will now look at the dealings on those involved in the running of the club. Read recently that someone got the jail for not paying his taxes & PAYE over a lengthy period...sound just like Mr Whyte.

Now the real interesting bit...will Rangers go into the SFL....

I suspect the newco option was always Green's preferred method of getting this through. He'll now simply pay the admins. for the 'assets' with the figure of £5.5m being mentioned. That does seem a wee bit cheap given the potential value of Ibrox etc.

Would be interesting if a third party made an offer for the assets of say £6m and stated they were to make Ibrox into a block of flats or something...surely Duff & whoever would have to accept the higher offer.

.................waits for Blue Knights to resurface and save the day.