Dundee Utd V Saints 26/12/12 K-O 12 Noon

The ghost of Jim Morton

Liam Craig needs dropped. Terrible performance by him today, he's been very poor for about 5 or 6 games now. We missed far too many chances again today. Craig, Muzz and Tade were all guilty of missing brilliant chances, all of them seriously lacked composure when it came to shooting.

It's a decent point but it should have been 3. Paddy Cregg was outstanding today. Scobbie had some cracking deliveries in the first half, I've been pretty happy with him since he arrived.

Liam Craig needs dropped. Terrible performance by him today, he's been very poor for about 5 or 6 games now

He was poor first half, thought he done better in the second to be honest. I reckon he'd get less stick if he stopped taking corners (or changed how he takes them), he wasn't that bad today

Liam Craig needs dropped. Terrible performance by him today, he's been very poor for about 5 or 6 games now. We missed far too many chances again today. Craig, Muzz and Tade were all guilty of missing brilliant chances, all of them seriously lacked composure when it came to shooting.

It's a decent point but it should have been 3. Paddy Cregg was outstanding today. Scobbie had some cracking deliveries in the first half, I've been pretty happy with him since he arrived.

. Liam Craig has been a great player for saints , and will be back on form soon , needs fans backing not dropped. Would love to keep Pawlett not the biggest fan of loan signings from clubs in our league, but Pawlett is a hard working player who gives us something. Scobbie looked good today hard working .

. Liam Craig has been a great player for saints , and will be back on form soon , needs fans backing not dropped. Would love to keep Pawlett not the biggest fan of loan signings from clubs in our league, but Pawlett is a hard working player who gives us something. Scobbie looked good today hard working .

I know that Liam Craig has been a brilliant player for saints. But I want the players to be playing on merit, not on how good a servant they are to the club or how good they can be. No player should be "undroppable" but it appears Liam Craig falls into that category. He's been awful and doesn't deserve to be starting. I like him as a player and think he is an important player for us. Unfortunately he is miles from him best just now and the team would, in my opinion, be stronger without him just now.

much improved. Shame we can not convert glorious chances. Still not sure how muzz missed the target. Why did tade not lift it. Good response and a decent game for boxing day. Still feel that it is 2points dropped. Although enjoyed the game. Bring on the next 2home games

I know that Liam Craig has been a brilliant player for saints. But I want the players to be playing on merit, not on how good a servant they are to the club or how good they can be. No player should be "undroppable" but it appears Liam Craig falls into that category. He's been awful and doesn't deserve to be starting. I like him as a player and think he is an important player for us. Unfortunately he is miles from him best just now and the team would, in my opinion, be stronger without him just now.

Whilst liam has not had man of the match performsnces they have not been near as bad as you make out. His probl is more down to dead balls where in my view he floats the ball in and needs to change to a loetr harder trajectory luje united.

Edited by mainstand

Whilst liam has not had man of the match performsnces they have not been near as bad as you make out. His probl is more down to dead balls where in my view he floats the ball in and needs to change to a loetr harder trajectory luje united.

I am a big fan of Liam, but his recent performances have been poor, and not just his dead balls. He has developed this habit of immediately turning back to face his own goal when receiving the ball and is not making the right decision most of the time when in possession. There were a few examples at Tannadump yesterday.

I will say though, that it is not through lack of effort on his behalf, things just aren't going for him at the moment. When this impacts on the teams results or performances, then that player (whoever they are) needs to be dropped, or a better way to put it is that another player deserves an opportunity. It can often be best for all involved and the player dropped gets a new lease of enthusiasm when coming on as a sub and playing well and then getting back into the starting line up.

Keeping playing them is not always the best thing. Every time his name is on the teamsheet, I am sure that Liam, as opposed to looking forward to the game, will be feeling a degree of pressure leading up to kick off, as he knows his performances have been poor. Then there is the effect on the players who are constantly on the bench. They too will know Liam isn't performing at the moment and will wonder what has to happen for them to get a chance. Being dropped to the bench may even provide a strange sense of relief to Liam.

Very happy with a point. We are a bit of a car crash at the moment. John Rankin, one of our best performers last year has vanished as an effective force, putting pressure on the defence... our center backs can't concentrate for 90 seconds, far less 90 minutes and we are trying to shoehorn Rudi into the team, and as far as I can see he's just getting in the way. Winter break can't come soon enough, and a transfer window where we can bring in a ball winning CH. Looked at in the round we are fortunate the league is so tight and we still have a high quality of player..... we can still outscore, or at least match anyone.

If we could cross a ball or put in a dead ball from a corner or free kick we would be some team! Utd relied on this all game and that's all they really had, their players new where ball would be going and were dangerous every time.

i noticed this when we played hibs, must have had a dozen corners and done feck all with them, then they score and stole the 3pts, surely Lomas should be concentrating on dead ball and corner kicks at this time of year on the training pitch when we have loads of games and no need for heavy training, we need to turn the pressure into goals when we get the chance, come on Lomas get yer creative finger out

Just watched the highlights there, we had more chances than I remembered! Must admit I do agree with those who think Liam should be dropped, I really like him but the fact is he's not been performing for weeks! My main gripe is his crosses yesterday where terrible! We've got guys like Wright, McCraken and Davidson who are all good in the air yet we can't get any decent crosses (set peices) into the box! By decent I mean delivered with pace! Uniteds crosses were fantastic, every time they got a ball in the box they looked like they could have scored! Please please please can we start crossing like that! We might even start scoring some goals if we do!!