Richard Brittain

john1962

The SFA had the chance to stop this going any further yet they never!

Not that it will make a bit of difference but just wrote an email to sport@dailyrecord.co.uk asking WHY the governing/ruling bodies are dragging their feet over this shambles AND asked if it was Celtic or Rangers disputing things would they be so damn lack a daisy kill -

Not that it will make a bit of difference but just wrote an email to sport@dailyrecord.co.uk asking WHY the governing/ruling bodies are dragging their feet over this shambles AND asked if it was Celtic or Rangers disputing things would they be so damn lack a daisy kill -

There was nothing anyone could do until the inbreds registered him.  Before that it was just an argument. All this could have gone on then he turned up at McDiarmid for pre season training. 

There was nothing anyone could do until the inbreds registered him.  Before that it was just an argument. All this could have gone on then he turned up at McDiarmid for pre season training. 

This just highlights our club in a bad way I'd imagine. Irrespective to what the rights and wrongs are it will just be turned against Saints and will make Saints out to be the bad party here and that we should've cancelled the agreed contract to help him.

What none of it will say is how poorly we have been treated in respect of issue that don't concern Ross County.

I think the SFA will back County and that the SPL will eventually agree with them and we will get no explanation why.

I for one will not miss this boys gurning pus running about the pitch like he has just had a dump in his shorts, especially not in the beloved blue of our mighty Saints.

I say they can keep him if we get to lop a bollock off of him.

Its 17 August, we are playing RC.  In the 80th minute, with the score still 0 - 0, they get a penalty.  Adams smiles smugly and up steps RB only to see Mannus pull off a great save.  Five minutes later RB slides in on Stevie May, penalty for us and the Ref decides RB was the last man - Red Card!  Up steps Dave MacKay and buries it.  RC throw everything at us and with seconds to go Wright slides in and appears to flatten Rocco Quinn.  No penalty says the Ref.  Adams goes nuts is shown a Red Card after the whistle but carries on with his demented budgie act to the press and TV.  Replay shows the Ref was correct and Adams gets a six week ban.

OK just a dream but I rather fear there is more chance of this happening than the SFA or SPL making a decision in our favour.  Hope I'm wrong - about the SFA and SPL!

Think you have to ask...if RB was a Saints player, and had signed a PCA with Ross County and changed his mind, how would have Derek Adams reacted! Certainly not with the same dignity as Saints have that's for sure. In fact I am positive the press would have come down on us like a ton of bricks.

Saints should not back down!?!

UphallSaint says that "He's feeling Lonely." see two post above.

For the record Russell Hunter who played Lonely was  Saints fan. His daughter Ann who lived on Rannoch Road used to go to games in late 60s.

I remember them well, I used to deliver their butcher meat as a young message boy

One of the remedies in breach of contract is interdict which would result in Richie being consigned to watch rather than play. Rather unfortunate as he is a decent player and has two clubs who want (ed) him to play for them.

This is turning into a poker game with silly stakes and one rather unfortunate person (or club) likely to be left holding the joker.

Our Chairman and Board have acted with honour and integrity in this matter particularly as (as I've said before) Richie's "change of heart" was leaked to me some considerable time ago.

I know we are all given him stick.

But on a serious note does anyone thick he changed his heart has a legitmate reason other than the greed for £££ we all suspect and accuse him of?

I just find the situation bizzare. jumped at the chance to join us. Dying to join us in January. then all of a sudden he would rather stay with county?!

Money talks but hes bound to of known what COULD happen by going back on a PCA? So after thinking about it surely there must be something major thats made him take this course of action that could potentially ruin his career?

I'll remove it as a matter of respect for fellow fans.

However, my opinion of this man is not going to change. I feel his is ruining is football career that could have easily flourished even more at our club but has been swayed into playing this silly petulant game that the management and owners at Ross County.

Piccies removed.

I know we are all given him stick.

But on a serious note does anyone thick he changed his heart has a legitmate reason other than the greed for £££ we all suspect and accuse him of?

I just find the situation bizzare. jumped at the chance to join us. Dying to join us in January. then all of a sudden he would rather stay with county?!

Money talks but hes bound to of known what COULD happen by going back on a PCA? So after thinking about it surely there must be something major thats made him take this course of action that could potentially ruin his career?

Were that the case I am absolutely certain it could have been addressed with the privacy and sympathy the 'reason' deserved. Saints have never struck me as the kind of employer to treat people badly.

I've said before but while Brittain has done some silly things, these are really no worse than a few #staggies tweets and two over the top goal celebrations (both things we would have lapped up if it were the other way around - be honest)

The behaviour that has led to the type of mockery and anger that has arisen had come from Adams and the chairman.

If it were such a genuine and personal reason then the way they have behaved is even more dreadful.

The SFA had the chance to stop this going any further yet they never!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, the SFA don't write specific rules. The SFA's rules are deliberately ambiguous and open to varied interpretations, with good reason. I mean they certainly would not want to be caught publishing a cast iron set of rules which could not be bent to suit needs of the auld Old Firm should it happen to apply to them.

Secondly, I refer the Rt Hon. Gentleman to the thousands of similar questions that have been promulgated around the blogosphere for about the last 18 months. :wink:

I'll remove it as a matter of respect for fellow fans.

However, my opinion of this man is not going to change. I feel his is ruining is football career that could have easily flourished even more at our club but has been swayed into playing this silly petulant game that the management and owners at Ross County.

Piccies removed.

Respect

Like most of us now are getting sick of this but got to agree our clubs has acted honourable unlike County but I feel we will end up the losers on this as the SFA and the SPL are more use than a chocolate fireguard will end up sideing with county.  McGregor is using the small club from the highland act and he used to getting is own way all time I should know he own have of my home town in the highlands and the rest.

The whole affair is getting tedious,been said plenty of times on this thread that while this is going on we are left in limbo,do we rip up this contract when we reach a deal where we agree we recover any fee's paid out (agents etc) thus freeing up a wage se we can persue other options of players who want to play for us, or drag it out sticking to our guns in the hope that we either get the player or comp. Meaning he would not be elligible to play for either team until the matters resolved,since his contract would be on hold then im sure we wouldnt be responsible for paying his wage during that time,this option still doesnt help us with signing a player for his position and it certainly isnt any good to him him as he may well be left sitting on the sidelines unpaid (but i reckon County would probably be giving him a few backhanders to keep him sweet). When it first came out he had signed the PCA i was well chuffed i cant deny he's a decent player and could still add something good to our squad,but alas he now doesnt want to be here.If its decided by the higher powers that he must stick to his agreement,how do we as supporters back a player who in reality was forced to come to us ?

Edited by chips