Fans Representative Meeting Tonight

slf

I am quite happy that Ghostie is one of the reps, guaranteed to give an honest and loyal assment back to the board. Having a few hundred numpties all shouting pish in a hall will only frustrate the board and no wonder they havent organised that.

OK yer maybe right about a hall full of fans BUT surely they could have had a Ballot amongst Season Ticket holders -Supporters clubs and any named St.Johnstone fan who wanted to voted YES or NO to the proposal.

AND to be honest I think I would rather be in a room with a few hundred folk than in a room of a few with Ghostie ( ha ha)

According to todays PA there will be a meeting of the chairman of stjohnstone and fans representatives to discuss views on league reconstruction and other matters.

i take it this would be the select few airing there views and not the majority of fans.i would have hoped the club would have held a public meeting but at least there listening,albeit a small rump.

here is my views .

1/ ditch the 4 league games against same opposition.

2/ if you are forcing us to sit then you must introduce summer football.being forced to sit in sub zero temperatures like against kilmarnock is not on .

3/ one step forward two back.its time to tell television to go to hell.if they want to film games the clubs should dictate kick off times.

4/standing areas introduced.

5/ proper representation no a secret cabal and being drip fed whats happening at club.

6/free bovril,hot drinks when its fecking cold.

listen to me .will they fuque .but thats my views.

At the  last meeting I suggested that there should be an open fans meeting on the issue of league recon. I am  going to suggest the  same tonight. I cannae force anyone to do what I  am suggesting but  I actually think it is  the most  sensible way to address fans concerns for the new league set up. ( this avoids point 5)

If you are unhappy about any aspects of the focus group, you should contact the club directly with your concerns . I am also  going to suggest they creat a dedicated email address for fans  suggestions/ complaints rather than what they have a present which is very disjointed in terms of who gets what.

As for your TV request, I agree with you ( as most on here would) but it aint gonna happen because without the TV money we are a part time club at best sadly

And finally, those invited  are actually not really airing THEIR views on the serious subjects.  We are told what is happening. We might be asked what WE think but nothing we do or say is gonna change what the club plan to do. We air our views on the humdrum like PotY Dinners and  social stuff like that.

I hope the time I have taken to respond to your post meets with your approval. If you have any further  question please  don't hesitate and IF I can help you understand the Focus groups function better, I will be delighted to  be of assistance.

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

At the  last meeting I suggested that there should be an open fans meeting on the issue of league recon. I am  going to suggest the  same tonight. I cannae force anyone to do what I  am suggesting but  I actually think it is  the most  sensible way to address fans concerns for the new league set up. ( this avoids point 5)

If you are unhappy about any aspects of the focus group, you should contact the club directly with your concerns . I am also  going to suggest they creat a dedicated email address for fans  suggestions/ complaints rather than what they have a present which is very disjointed in terms of who gets what.

As for your TV request, I agree with you ( as most on here would) but it aint gonna happen because without the TV money we are a part time club at best sadly

And finally, those invited  are actually not really airing THEIR views on the serious subjects.  We are told what is happening. We might be asked what WE think but nothing we do or say is gonna change what the club plan to do. We air our views on the humdrum like PotY Dinners and  social stuff like that.

I hope the time I have taken to respond to your post meets with your approval. If you have any further  question please  don't hesitate and IF I can help you understand the Focus groups function better, I will be delighted to  be of assistance.

Not really,but thanks anyway big baws x!!

Speaking personally now and in no way part of the club set-up (I think Steve and I am the only ones at the club without a club winter jacket or a name badge....).

- Convert one half of the Ormond Stand to allow standing (was always best behind the goals)

How long you followed saints kevin ? Standing behind the goals at muirton was never the place to be for anyone under 50 , in the enclosure , that was the best place to be . Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch

i think it would have been useful had those attending actually started a topic in order to gain fans views. If they had then it may hold more clout when they actually say something at the meeting,

What about the many fans or season ticket holders who aren't on WAP? Unfair to discount the opinions of those.

Is it safe to assume that all of our 'representatives' are active here on WAP?

A quick update on tonights meeting.

The Chairman  briefly discussed the league reconstruction ( the meeting was short due to the under 20,s game ) There is a vote on the 15th April by the SPL clubs.  At this point there are a couple of  clubs  who are not completely behind the new structure so there is a possibility that it might not actually happen. Saints are right behind the  new set up and the chairman explained that for the well being of our club AND  Scottish football as a whole he  believed it had to happen. One of the main issues is a  fairer spread of wealth. At this time the team winning the 1st get  a pittance ( sadly i can't remember  the EXACT figure :oops: ) but in the new set up the winners would recieve in the region of £380k. Scottish football would also be under ONE league body rather than the two at present. If the deal goes through the 11-1 voting structure would be replaced by a 9-3. That was about it  but there is another meeting planned for next Tuesday  when  we might get some more details. I again suggested a public meeting  should take place but the Chairman said that until  the clubs had moved forward on the issue and there were firm  details, that there was not much point. Once  the plans are firmer, there may well be some  meeting where the Chairman will lay out  the vision for the way ahead and then take questions.

Also discussed was  the promotion of the new away strip.  On this  it was mentioned that the club really needs to get this  on sale as soon as possible but due to  not having a shirt sponsor  as of yet, they could not give a timescale. I  mentioned the ideas  on WAP regarding having a dedicated Turkish page on the OS where ESES fans could come on and order and pay for the top ( same for the Saints fans) That was met with approval and hopefully  can be  set up as soon as  the  shirts are ready for sale. Roddy  mentioned  the amount of positive feedback he had read on WAP and  that he had heard from people personally. The Chairman also read out the letter he had received from the president of Eskisehirspor ( which i believe is now  on the St.Johnstone  facebook page)

We then had a short but productive  dicussion on the Standing issues  relating to the Killie game. The Chairman assured us that the clubs stance had not changed, but due to a problem with G4S staff ( being different and not briefed correctly)  they  did not  carry out the clubs  wishes. The club have sent a letter to G4S asking WHY this happened and WHY new staff were not briefed  correctly.

That was about it and the meeting ended and we all went off to watch the under 20,s

Ghostie.

A quick update on tonights meeting.

The Chairman briefly discussed the league reconstruction ( the meeting was short due to the under 20,s game ) There is a vote on the 15th April by the SPL clubs. At this point there are a couple of clubs who are not completely behind the new structure so there is a possibility that it might not actually happen. Saints are right behind the new set up and the chairman explained that for the well being of our club AND Scottish football as a whole he believed it had to happen. One of the main issues is a fairer spread of wealth. At this time the team winning the 1st get a pittance ( sadly i can't remember the EXACT figure :oops: ) but in the new set up the winners would recieve in the region of £380k. Scottish football would also be under ONE league body rather than the two at present. If the deal goes through the 11-1 voting structure would be replaced by a 9-3. That was about it but there is another meeting planned for next Tuesday when we might get some more details. I again suggested a public meeting should take place but the Chairman said that until the clubs had moved forward on the issue and there were firm details, that there was not much point. Once the plans are firmer, there may well be some meeting where the Chairman will lay out the vision for the way ahead and then take questions.

Also discussed was the promotion of the new away strip. On this it was mentioned that the club really needs to get this on sale as soon as possible but due to not having a shirt sponsor as of yet, they could not give a timescale. I mentioned the ideas on WAP regarding having a dedicated Turkish page on the OS where ESES fans could come on and order and pay for the top ( same for the Saints fans) That was met with approval and hopefully can be set up as soon as the shirts are ready for sale. Roddy mentioned the amount of positive feedback he had read on WAP and that he had heard from people personally. The Chairman also read out the letter he had received from the president of Eskisehirspor ( which i believe is now on the St.Johnstone facebook page)

We then had a short but productive dicussion on the Standing issues relating to the Killie game. The Chairman assured us that the clubs stance had not changed, but due to a problem with G4S staff ( being different and not briefed correctly) they did not carry out the clubs wishes. The club have sent a letter to G4S asking WHY this happened and WHY new staff were not briefed correctly.

That was about it and the meeting ended and we all went off to watch the under 20,s

Ghostie.

Cheers Ghostie update is much appreciated

Cheers for the update ghostie. Can't be much fun reading all the different posts. Appreciate you weren't elected but asked to attend meetings and provide input, ideas, etc all for the good of saints. In a perfect world we all would like to be part of any decision but it ain't gonna happen. As you can read on here everyone has there own opinion and We can hardly agree on players, tactics, etc

I'm sure season tickets will be on the agenda at some time,and i'm interested to find out if it will be a 11 game ticket or how the club are going to price it,as it could involve games against first division teams.I think the split should be later than 22 games for a better reflection on a season.

Edited by dave mc

"How long you followed saints kevin ? Standing behind the goals at muirton was never the place to be for anyone under 50 , in the enclosure , that was the best place to be ."

Sadly I only went to Muirton once when I was working up here for a weekend but I was basing it on the current set up as being th easiest and most logical move as it does not disrupt season ticket holders, allows a vocal support behind the goals and wuold make that end of ths stadium look so much better on TV

Also discussed was  the promotion of the new away strip.  On this  it was mentioned that the club really needs to get this  on sale as soon as possible but due to  not having a shirt sponsor  as of yet, they could not give a timescale. I  mentioned the ideas  on WAP regarding having a dedicated Turkish page on the OS where ESES fans could come on and order and pay for the top ( same for the Saints fans) That was met with approval and hopefully  can be  set up as soon as  the  shirts are ready for sale. Roddy  mentioned  the amount of positive feedback he had read on WAP and  that he had heard from people personally. The Chairman also read out the letter he had received from the president of Eskisehirspor ( which i believe is now  on the St.Johnstone  facebook page)

I'd like to suggest the club arrange for a batch of the strips to be sold on to Eses to be sold in their club shop. Wouldn't that gain the most exposure and possibly highest sales from Turkey, rather than having every individual Turkish fan having to pay for their own P&P separately? A dedicated web page would be excellent too, though.

Really hope the sponsor issue gets sorted out before too long, as the sooner this can go on sale the better. I'd also quite like to see the team wearing it in our last game this season.

I'd like to suggest the club arrange for a batch of the strips to be sold on to Eses to be sold in their club shop. Wouldn't that gain the most exposure and possibly highest sales from Turkey, rather than having every individual Turkish fan having to pay for their own P&P separately? A dedicated web page would be excellent too, though.

Really hope the sponsor issue gets sorted out before too long, as the sooner this can go on sale the better. I'd also quite like to see the team wearing it in our last game this season.

You forgot to mention the socks!

Not sure if it is good or bad that the fans are not getting a say until the plans are firmly in place for a vote. Mr Brown was in the paper saying the fans and managers are tired of playing the same teams all the time so surely he can't support the SPL proposal?

Edited by garydavidson

Not usually a fan of the Daily Retard but like this article and hope Saints take notice. Yet another ill thought out plan lacking any cohesion from our games lords and masters:-

THE plan to reconstruct Scottish football in time for next season was threatening to collapse into farce last night.

Record Sport can reveal at least two SPL clubs are on the verge of voting NO to the proposals for a 12-12-18 set-up – and strangling it at birth.

But to further complicate matters the top-flight clubs might abandon plans to go to the polls on April 15 because their SFL counterparts are reluctant to be first to have an official show of hands.

It is now increasingly difficult to imagine how any agreement can be brokered amid such widespread confusion and so many different factions.

And there is a growing belief the big blueprint for change, championed by SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and his SFL counterpart David Longmuir, is now doomed.

It’s understood Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor is the leading dissenting voice among the top 12. He believes backing the plan would betray fans who are dead against the idea of two leagues of 12 splitting into three of eight after 22 games.

MacGregor fears season-ticket sales – a major source of income – could be battered by such a move.

His worries are backed by evidence from Austria and Switzerland where clubs found a huge percentage of supporters were willing only to stump up for half season tickets rather than pay for the unknown.

And Record Sport believes MacGregor has an ally in St Mirren’s Stewart Gilmour, who is also unconvinced by the complex proposals.

If MacGregor and Gilmour vote no they’ll torpedo the controversial shake-up which needs an 11-1 majority to go through.

A source close to the shambles told us: “This is far from the fait accompli it was made out to be.

“MacGregor believes he will be failing his own supporters – and fans of all clubs – if he votes in favour a structure they don’t want.

“And although Gilmour has slightly different concerns, it’s unlikely he will be persuaded that this split into three leagues of eight is in the best interests of the game.”

SPL clubs had been due to vote on April 15 but last night it emerged they may hold off until the SFL outfits have had their say.

Our source said: “There is no point in SPL clubs making a final decision until they know the plans have got SFL approval.”

This was also  mentioned  by myself and they are looking into  the possibility of setting something up .

If I was looking at Saints fans representatives, I d expect to see a woman, a dad who takes his kids to the games, a young lad/lassie 16/18 all amongst them in order to give it balance.

I might be well wide of the mark but I wouldn't be suprised if all the representatives were middle aged blokes.

As we don t know who these people are though we don t know.

I am on the Focus Group and attend all home games and some away with my teenage son, been, a fan for 40 odd years, there is a Father who takes his wee kids and wife(Das Rave)

A Woman-This is covered by 2 females in different age brackets.There are also 2 teens on the Panel So it is far from being all middle aged blokes.

And the group has grown from 7 to 10 and as far as i know is not a closed shop

Edited by THE LARK SAINT