Stevie May

rik2304

Yeah random, dodgy looking twitter link. Almost certainly not happening. Somewhat worried he might be going. If he does quite frankly we're screwed. Missing all our best. Players and goalscorer for the rest of the season. We'll slip down the league and put of the cup almost certainly.

If he does go, I reckon he'll be back on loan. I almost think he's demand it. Although if it's QPR they need forwards. The thing I don't get is they said they weren't interested. Now I know that teams lie and stuff, but Harry Redknapps always been fairly honest in the press.

Yeah random, dodgy looking twitter link. Almost certainly not happening. Somewhat worried he might be going. If he does quite frankly we're screwed. Missing all our best. Players and goalscorer for the rest of the season. We'll slip down the league and put of the cup almost certainly.

If he does go, I reckon he'll be back on loan. I almost think he's demand it. Although if it's QPR they need forwards. The thing I don't get is they said they weren't interested. Now I know that teams lie and stuff, but Harry Redknapps always been fairly honest in the press.

Glad you said 'fairly honest in the press' He isn't exactly Mr Honest with his tax affairs?

What exactly is this ridiculous offer we're talking about?

1million? 1.5?

incidentally if we were to keep him for anither year n a half how much would we be due?

you have to take this into consideration cos if he didnt come through our youth set up we'd be due nothing.

If we are due 250k when his contract is up n say qpr offer 1millon just now then technically they're only giving us 750k

If Sellick think 250k is a serious offer for the thumb, I would very much doubt they would stump up the necessary 7 figures to buy May.

If May has stated he wants to finish the season here, transfer fees are irrelevant. Even if the club accepts a bid, the player can still say no. Which I fully believe May would do

Here's another idea - although the folk who refuse to trust any footballer's word may object.

Clubs like QPR and Celtic are clearly paying attention to Stevie at least.  He has 18 months left on his contract, and might be worth £1-1.5M at present to one of the big spenders.  It is likely, however, that he will be 2nd or 3rd choice striker if he went.

He says he wants to stay and help Saints win a cup.  Does this not send a brilliant message about his ambition and integrity to prospective buyers?  He'd rather play football and finish a job than warm a bench for mega-bucks elsewhere.  Football more important than money.  Catching the eye of Strachan clearly matters to him - he won't do that on the training pitch at QPR with maybe some cameo appearances in injury time.

A lot of players in the past have clearly moved at a young age for the money and the fact that they can say 'I play for Blackburn/Wolves etc' - great chat up line to throw at cheap tarts in nightclubs.  Believe what you will that Stevie says, but it seems to me that wads of cash, a fancy CV at 21 years old and cheap chat up lines just don't bother him at all.

I just wonder whether Stevie rejecting a move in January might just raise his stock for both player AND club in the summer, despite his remaining contract being shorter?