St Johnstone V St Mirren 11/1/14 Ko 1500

rik2304

A lot better with some nice stuff played in the first half. Still thought Spoony and Wright failed to get pass marks. How we never won that 10-0 is beyond me the chances we missed were criminal.

Goodwin is a disgrace of a footballer.

Could not agree more with your assessment.

Nil nil at halftime had me thinking are we ever gonna score.

Should have been at least 2-0 and possibly more.

Second half we totally dominated them but the longer it went the more you thought they might get a breakaway goal against the run of play.

When the first went in there was only going to be one winner and in the last 10 minutes the ball was zipping along the goal line from left and right, just looking for the final touch.

2-0 flattered St. Mirren. If they had lost 6-0 they could have had no complaints.

TV pundit ( the darling of the Beeb) Steven Thomson, ex  Arabs and the original Rangers cab horse, never got a look in.

Such was his frustration that he resorted to throwing himself to the deck (diving to you and me) in an attempt to win free kicks. Sad.

Now for the good (win) part.

Muzz was delegated to mark him and by jove   (there's a word you don't often use, ha ha ) he nullified his every effort.

Muzz was supreme which was demonstrated near the end of the game when he started a move in the right back position and as the play swiftly moved forward, appeared at the end of the move on the by-line on the left hand side. What fitness and determination for the benefit of the team.

Special mention goes to the unemployed Alan Mannus who kept a clean sheet and  was only called into action in the dying seconds, diving to his right to keep out a point blank shot and as the forward pounced on the rebound, Mannus again thwarted the effort with a tremendous reflex save to his left.

Great team effort today which made the Midden appear a pretty poor side.

Well done,  good day all round and the punters went home happy,...................................well I hope they did as that was a most emphatic victory. 

Edited by HOODLUM65

My Man Of The Match

Certainly repaid the manager's faith today.  I don't get to many away games so can't comment on his away performances, but certainly at home he has been very consistent all season.

Excellent performance.  Could have been 6-0 and the Midden couldn't have complained.  No failures today, but I though the middle 3 of Millar, MacDonald and Davidson were superb, with MacDonald just shading it as MotM for me.  Mannus' save at the death was the best save I've seen at McD since Main's save from Grady in '99.  And that is the best goal I've seen Stevie May score for Saints so far - hope there's many more to come from him.

Goodwin should have been red-carded - the guy is an absolute disgrace to Scottish football.

As you can see Lark, mine too :)

Nice try, but I've watched the Youtube highlights and it clearly loops up off the defenders back. Now the quality is not brilliant, but I'm not admitting I'm wrong until the TV quality highlights are out. At which point it'll be proven I'm correct.

Great performance from the guys today did not think there was a poor performance from anyone. Muzz seems back to his best, was pleasantly surprised by midge, MacDonald and Wotherspoon both great too. Goodwin is a dirty poir excuse for a footballer always great to have a panto villain in the opposition though. My initial thought was May's effort was deflected but need to see that again. Balance of team seemed good but St Mirren were woeful, very dodgy keeper too

I was the same when I saw the teamsheet....but, the team did the business. At the same time, I reckon Cregg and Miller would have played well today too...you almost couldn't fail to against a very poor St Mirren team.

Although they had good games, I still thought Wright was the wrong choice today and he had a couple of real howlers that would have been punished by better sides. Millar.....he is the ultimate frustration for me.....yes, he had a good second half, and it was pleasing to see that he played some good passes in advanced areas...but yet, he still, too many times, didn't create...two woeful crosses from very promising positions in the first half in particular.

But, I am being very harsh on them, particularly Chris

I think you are being very harsh on Chris to be honest Ed, but then football is all about opinions.  I noticed in another post you felt spoony had a good game today, whereas I thought he was below his best today, giving the ball away too easily at times although to his credit he never stopped wanting the ball.  As I said, all about opinions.

As for Frazer, he was both good and bad today.  He was commanding in the air but his decision making at times was absolutely shocking.  The back-heel against Campbell was really poor - to do that in your own box............just as well it came off

Great result, with a decent performance.

Thought May put in an all-round performance and as usual gave it his all.

I really don't get the bashing MacDonald or Millar get sometimes, having two guys that are decent in possesion makes a world of difference to Davidsons game. When he is pushed forward and allowed to run into the box, he is a total handful, as opposed to when playing deeper and failing to get involved as much.

Goodwin is a thug of a player with little ability, but Saints did the right thing from the off, sticking a few tough challenges in on him and not allowing him to bully. As much as he should of been punished for his constant fouling, we were lucky the ref ignored May's kick out at him. I'd also like to see Crofts yellow again, looked a bit of a risky challenge from the East Stand.

Good win, we will add 3 points next week against Hearts if we keep that level up.