Dundee Utd V Saints 27/1/14 Kick Off 19:45

rik2304

I dropped my wife off at work last night in PRI, there were puddles a foot deep all over the place, Dundee has had similar levels of rainfall over the weekend. Can anyone really say Tannadice is not 'properly maintained'? Are you really saying Dundee United had another motive to postpone this match? Really? Did they bribe the ref just so Saints lost their keeper next week...really? Have I stumbled into a Celtic forum by mistake? :laugh:

DABs are evil. Who amongst us can understand their true motives?

Is PRI built using the design of a football stadium?

I stay just about 5 mins from Tannadice. It was belting down rain over the weekend, especially in the early hours. Rain has come through our ceiling. Today it has been wet most of the day, heavy downpours this morning around 11.30. To say that there hasn't been as much rain is not true.

The ground is saturated and probably can't drain away properly as a lot of the drains are blocked.

These things happen and we have to get over it.

Plus points no injuries, no red cards!

The boys will be well up to win after the Hearts debacle, the new boys are a fairly unknown quantity for the opposition, Banks is dependable & May loves scoring.

Bring it on.

Some weird reports on the BBC website.

Dundee B&Q has sold out of timber.

Edinburgh Zoo shipping animals north to Dundee, two by two.

Some beirdy weirdo has turned up at Tannadice with a hammer and 246 Polish carpenters.

And apparently, mankind has sinned. 

That's probably a guess Seany! :laugh: My guess is, its been pouring with rain since New Year and the ground is utterly saturated, Saturday, Sunday and this morning it was raining heavily, the the pitch is unplayable....no mystery, no conspiracy.....no fines, just loads of rain!

I would rather the game was played, you would rather the game was played, postponements cost thousands for clubs every season, get over it.

Perhaps it was called off due to the dressing rooms being flooded, or has money been spent to address that problem?

My friends a united supporter and she says there's a problem area of the pitch beside the players tunnel that always gets waterlogged . Ok, no one can help the terrible weather however being the astute, pro-active, fans first sort of club that we are did we not spend a significant sum of money making sure we had an adequate drainage system in place just the other year? Shame others can't follow our lead!

My friends a united supporter and she says there's a problem area of the pitch beside the players tunnel that always gets waterlogged . Ok, no one can help the terrible weather however being the astute, pro-active, fans first sort of club that we are did we not spend a significant sum of money making sure we had an adequate drainage system in place just the other year? Shame others can't follow our lead!

Out of interest, would you like to ask your friend how many games United have had called off due to waterlogged pitches in recent years?

There is a considerable slope at Tannadice, and a slight dip in front of the tunnel, if any of you have ever been on the pitch it is quite noticeable. (My finest hour as a busy midfielder of limited talent was to play 90 mins in a federation cup final) we have spent fortunes over the years putting in drainage and under soil heating (three times) but if it pours with rain, it pours with rain it can happen to any ground.

I was reading  the intresting page by a Saint in Asia last week about clubs finances and the values they place on their "fixed assets"  stadiums etc. Uniteds main fixed asset would appear to be  Tannadice. Should they now consider this a "Liquid Asset".?l Six and a half million..!WTF?LAUGH OUT LOUD maybe they are talking in Litres.!

Edited by croc

Feel a bit short changed after that.

Should of been the Saturday.

Took the Monday off work. Called off.

Moved to a night now the club won't get a penny of the money for it being moved in the first place!!

Why would saints get any money in the first place, it's a United home game.

Or do people still not understand the TV deal is split equally and the number of times on the screen does not matter?