Is Steve Brown Qualified / Should He Go

byebyedundee

Some good points raised here and judging by the story in yesterday's Courier Broon is feeling the pressure. Speaking to one of the back room managers at the club and my anger was stoked even more when it was confirmed that the players, management, board and all the other hangerson were not having to pay for their trip to Swizerland as it was all covered by the fans going on the charter. Had everyone paid the true cost would be about £250 each not £700 ffs!!!

There is no Feelgood factor in Perth anymore as due to the ridiculously poor pr it has been forgotten in the wake of school holidays and we will be lucky if we get 5k for the home leg in a couple of weeks! There are stories coming out about season tickets being sent back already as folk are fed up with the way the club is ripping fans off and as for the new pricing structure.... Who thought that out?? And making the Europa home match all ticket will deter anyone wavering about whether to go as they cannot just turn up on the night. Yes, that applies to me too as I am not sure if I will get home from work (in the Borders) in time so I will not pay up front in case I don't.

Rant over but Broon needs to sit down with his pals and have a good think about his club as it is not the fans club any more

Brown is a buisness man and not to busy to be worrying about some fans greif! to get him to sit down and think of what your greif,what ever it may be,will be with his pals,cigar,double brandies and plenty of patter! there is absolutely nowt wrong in letting him know,we judge him in evry thing he will do and say,keep up the pressure and if he can not handle that,then he can fuque off!

post shitum; too many crawling fuquing creeps on here and they know fuque all about football; you know who you are!

Some good points raised here and judging by the story in yesterday's Courier Broon is feeling the pressure. Speaking to one of the back room managers at the club and my anger was stoked even more when it was confirmed that the players, management, board and all the other hangerson were not having to pay for their trip to Swizerland as it was all covered by the fans going on the charter. Had everyone paid the true cost would be about £250 each not £700 ffs!!!

There is no Feelgood factor in Perth anymore as due to the ridiculously poor pr it has been forgotten in the wake of school holidays and we will be lucky if we get 5k for the home leg in a couple of weeks! There are stories coming out about season tickets being sent back already as folk are fed up with the way the club is ripping fans off and as for the new pricing structure.... Who thought that out?? And making the Europa home match all ticket will deter anyone wavering about whether to go as they cannot just turn up on the night. Yes, that applies to me too as I am not sure if I will get home from work (in the Borders) in time so I will not pay up front in case I don't.

Rant over but Broon needs to sit down with his pals and have a good think about his club as it is not the fans club any more

So you think the players and management should be paying their own way to the away leg?  That is just ridiculous.

And where are these stories about season tickets being sent back?  What would be the point of that. you're not going to get your money back.

What's wrong with the new pricing structure?

I'll guarantee you that we have way more than 5k for the home game v Lucerne.  The reason for the game being all-ticket is because of the size of the crowds at last year's games, where there was little or no away support.  Lucerne have indicated that they will bring a sizeable support.

I can't wait until the season starts. Hopefully then peeps will have the actual games to gripe about.

Don't get the anger against SB and the club generally over the past few weeks. Of the points raised the only one that has some credence is the bit about PR. However, the club are improving on this with FB etc...much better than it was.

The bit about the away trip....SB has mentioned before that the directors don't get a wage from the club, so they give up their own time to do club business. The likes of Charlie Fraser, if he is going to be doing more on the football admin side of things will be giving up a fair amount of his working time (ie time he could be making money on). So why shouldn't the club fund a trip to Europe given the work they put in. I really suspect that a lot on here haven't a clue what sacrifices the board make to do, what is a pretty thankless task...certainly seems thankless given some of the comments on here.  

I wouldn't have any other chairman in the Country in charge of. The Browns have taken us the most successful era we've ever had while delivering our first ever major trophy, we've got a million in the bank, one of the lowest running costs in the top league and we're building both a proper youth system and proper training facilities. If he could get a PR Manager, and spin his actions into something positive instead of bluntly saying exactly whats happening then he'd be damn near perfect I reckon. Far too much of an over reaction due to this willingness to develop our own players

Slowhand, how much do you think it costs to charter a private flight during summer holiday period? And two nights accommodation in Lucerne. To suggest fans on flight are paying for all at club to go free is ridiculous.

And his post suggests the players should be paying for themselves as well?! Bizarre.

Right Stevie, time's up. Move aside and let me take over. I know better than you and I've got all the skills.

I've no money and you may not be willing to sell., far less gift your holding.

Stalemate. Status quo.

Looking around McDiarmid during many matches last season I say to my fellow accountant in the next seat that this success is unsustainable given attendances. He agrees.

PR and marketing are important but in Saints case aren't going to bring a huge change in revenue.

Constructive criticism is good. Some of the moaning on here isn't. There are many good people at the club doing a great job.

Chairing the first meeting of the St Johnstone Disabled Supporters Asdociation, I said we have one rule. 'Nae moaning'. If we moan, we quickly gain a reputation for being moaners. People don't like moaners, won't listen and we won't achieve any of our aims. All the good we could do, for ourselves and the club, would be undermined.

I'm taking the group forward on a positive trajectory or not at all. It's what I can do, my contribution. Maybe we can encourage a few extra people along, maybe convert some to our 'religion'. If it works it'll demonstrate how a good model can work, and spread positivity a bit.

I helped a lifelong fan who is a shadow of what he once was and hasn't got long to attend the cup final. I saw the joy that brought to him and others in the disabled section. That can't be bought with any amount of money,

Encouraged and inspired, the time is right to launch this group.

I'm going to do what I can, where I can, to help. I'm not going to like everything, but I'm not going to complain. This doesn't make me a yes man or any other adjective I've seen here. And I don't want anything in return as I've already received my reward in seeing people happy.

If you can do something or volunteer, i'd encourage you to do so. We'll all benefit.

As for SB, keep going, make improvements where and when you can, in whatever area you can.

Edited by andrew

Some very valid points,and I agree there are some poor decisions being made by those running our club,but I still lean towards supporting the present personnel in charge.

Have to agree some poor decisions ,in my opinion as a supporter our PR is crap been like that for years ,we don't sell our club enough and using Roddy in every bloody picture that comes out of mcD is not the answer

Have to agree with Dave we have to support the guys in charge

To suggest the players should pay for a seat on the charter must rank as one of the most ridiculous posts ever. To say there is no feel good factor in Perth just now is also utterly ridiculous. OK I now live nearly 70 miles from Perth but I have never felt like I have in the last 2-3 months in all my 45 years following Saints. And in fact the last 3 years under SBs chairmanship have been pretty damn good. We have a bloody good squad in place without any new signings. Yes some new faces in the team would be welcome but not at the cost financial unsustainability. Give the youth a chance invest in the infrastructure and we will all benefit a few years down the line. 

What we need to remember is that SB is still a rookie and will (hopefully) learn from any mistakes made. Yeah it's sh!t having no new faces coming in, yeah the clubs marketing is ridiculously poor and he does come across like a sore faced .... BUT we need to look at the positives. We have the same starring 11 that win us the Scottish Cup, we have some young talent coming through the ranks which is exciting and we are in Europe for the 3rd season on the spin - I'm sure many clubs would love to be in Saints position right now.

My only real concern at the moment is that deals for May and Wright have not been finalised yet. If Mr Brown secures these 2 he will have done a great job and we should all be thankful he's the guy in charge. If he is not prepared to do this then fans will turn on him.

Okay it's clear I dont like the guys people skills and the way he has quickly taken away the high of our cup winning year. So since were all talking about his style and acheivements let's try and be fair and ask ourselves is he the right man for the job and why oh why should he get credit for what his father has put in place and also what the management have done.

Please this is important I was totally against the guy in the first place however i laid off but the following has to stop.

1. LATE SEASON TICKET RELEASE

2. LATE STRIP RELEASE

3. ZERO CUP WINNING CONTINOUS CELEBRATION

4. NO CUP DVD

5. NO PR... TERRIBLE PR INTERVIEWS

6. NO SESON TICKET PUSH

7. NO TOWN CENTER KIOSK

8. NO NEW SIGNINGS

9. FREE FLIGHTS FOR HIS BEST MATES

I KNOW I CAN GO ON ON ON ON ON BUT LETS SEE SOME OTHER POINTS...

AND IF YOU LIKE SOME POSITIVES

WEAREPERTH CAN WE HAVE A FAN VOTE ABOUT STEVE STEPPING DOWN

Glad we have some saints supporters who actually back the team and those that are running the business.

You sir are not one of them.

Whilst you are entitled to your opinion if you are not happy vote with your feet and just do not turn up.

Glad we have some saints supporters who actually back the team and those that are running the business.

You sir are not one of them.

Whilst you are entitled to your opinion if you are not happy vote with your feet and just do not turn up.

Being as he lives in New York, I don't think he attends very often anyway.

Take it you can't back up your rants when you resort to rubbish like this.

I made an opinion and it was directed to the deflating attitude of our chairmen.

I do not know a  bussiness that does everything possible to takeaway the feel good factor like our beloved St Johnstone. Your answers have been purely one of personel attacks at least Wee John disagreed with dignity and made me think unlike your childish posts.

I am entitled to an opinion and I will stand by the FACT that SB has zero PR and needs to have a wake up call refarding our needs.

3 major signing in June/July would of probably added more bums on seats and dont tell me that they have'nt made money as they clearly have also having Roddy Grant with the cup for say 4 Saturdays with assistants getting names and pressing season tickets with photo op  leading up to our season in the town would also have added bums on seats..

I can go on with regards to proper marketing... Motivating fans etc etc...so why dont you be constructive and create some sort of idea rather than make out all is fantastic with a terrible home support I remember reading on this site how excited someone was when we sold 800 tickets back in june,,, Thats a joke regarding our success...

YOU BUILD ON YOUR SUCCESS NOT DEFLATE IT

What utter nonsense. I have seen many protest and calls "sack the board" but it has been when a team is under achieving or relegated.

We did not get relegated. Are we under achieving; top six finish, third season in Europe, League cup semi finalists and Scottish cup winners.

Just because the Board do not give us what we want is no reason to ask for their heads

What utter nonsense. I have seen many protest and calls "sack the board" but it has been when a team is under achieving or relegated.

We did not get relegated. Are we under achieving; top six finish, third season in Europe, League cup semi finalists and Scottish cup winners.

Just because the Board do not give us what we want is no reason to ask for their heads

DID I SAY SACK THE BOARD....

I RAISED A QUESTION HOPING TO GET SOME SORT OF ANSWER AND TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE CHOOSEN TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES

Right Stevie, time's up. Move aside and let me take over. I know better than you and I've got all the skills.

I've no money and you may not be willing to sell., far less gift your holding.

Stalemate. Status quo.

Looking around McDiarmid during many matches last season I say to my fellow accountant in the next seat that this success is unsustainable given attendances. He agrees.

PR and marketing are important but in Saints case aren't going to bring a huge change in revenue.

Constructive criticism is good. Some of the moaning on here isn't. There are many good people at the club doing a great job.

Chairing the first meeting of the St Johnstone Disabled Supporters Asdociation, I said we have one rule. 'Nae moaning'. If we moan, we quickly gain a reputation for being moaners. People don't like moaners, won't listen and we won't achieve any of our aims. All the good we could do, for ourselves and the club, would be undermined.

I'm taking the group forward on a positive trajectory or not at all. It's what I can do, my contribution. Maybe we can encourage a few extra people along, maybe convert some to our 'religion'. If it works it'll demonstrate how a good model can work, and spread positivity a bit.

I helped a lifelong fan who is a shadow of what he once was and hasn't got long to attend the cup final. I saw the joy that brought to him and others in the disabled section. That can't be bought with any amount of money,

Encouraged and inspired, the time is right to launch this group.

I'm going to do what I can, where I can, to help. I'm not going to like everything, but I'm not going to complain. This doesn't make me a yes man or any other adjective I've seen here. And I don't want anything in return as I've already received my reward in seeing people happy.

If you can do something or volunteer, i'd encourage you to do so. We'll all benefit.

As for SB, keep going, make improvements where and when you can, in whatever area you can.

Sounds like you're doing some great work, hats off to you.

I'll just point out the highlighted part though, which I don't agree with. Somebody with a bit of knowledge and some fresh ideas could make a huge difference, both in the stadium and throughout the City. We're not talking about having a sell-out at McD ever week obviously, but the cup final showed us that people are willing to back the team, and some positive PR and marketing ideas will convince new fans to come along and lapsed fans to return. The noises that Brown has made this week will not.

If we managed even an extra 500 through the gates at home games, for example, that would result in approx £180,000 (est) additional income in one season season - coincidentally that's just more than Steve Brown's magic number for 3 new players.