Inverness Ct V St.johnstone

franco

This will be a very tough game. I would be tempted to move Dave Mackay to centre half and put Gary Miller to right back after Frazer Wright's performance on Saturday. Inverness are a very physical side and it concerns me that our midfield will be overpowered as Mcdonald and Millar are certainly not the strongest players. I would expect Brian Graham to lead the line on his own although It worries me that we will spend the whole game lumping balls up to him.

Mannus

Miller  Mackay  Anderson  Easton

Brown Caddis  Millar

Ohalloran                             Wotherspoon

Graham

This will be a very tough game. I would be tempted to move Dave Mackay to centre half and put Gary Miller to right back after Frazer Wright's performance on Saturday. Inverness are a very physical side and it concerns me that our midfield will be overpowered as Mcdonald and Millar are certainly not the strongest players. I would expect Brian Graham to lead the line on his own although It worries me that we will spend the whole game lumping balls up to him.

Mannus

Miller  Mackay  Anderson  Easton

Brown Caddis  Millar

Ohalloran                             Wotherspoon

Graham

Surprised you put Caddis in your team after your previous comments about him.

Does anyone know if Lappin is ready to start? He looked good on sat, especially compared to rest of team(not exactly an achievement) and I'd like to see him starting along side Millar for this one. F.Wright has to be dropped again surely, he is a total bombs are and can't get anything going from defence as he just lumps the ball away, no matter what options are available.

I reckon that once Lappin gets in the starting line-up he will be there to stay, prefferably on the left hand side. That will make it difficult for Spoony / Croft / O'Halloran as, depending on whether we get alternative strike options in, they will all be battling for one place probably.

I am nervous about Frazer being the starting CH again. He will have some great games, but also many bomb-scares. We will really miss Scobbie. Who would come in for Fraz at the weekend though I'm not sure

I believe Tommy will pick Fraser Wright to play as his experience will help in this match...not so long ago we were applauding Wright for having Nadir Ciftci sussed, so doubt he deserves to be dropped so soon after returning, in fact it may have been the reason he performed poorly due to being introduced when perhaps not ready! Either way he has been a great defender for Saints over many seasons, hopefully he puts in a good shift on Saturday and we don't resort to punting the ball out from the back, which is something our coaching stuff should control as much as the players.

Gutted about the news from this week on macca and Tam, and really disappointed with the display v the coags last Saturday, but the one thing this saints team has been brilliant at over the past year or so is bouncing back. Will need a lot of character this weekend, maybe a good time to freshen things up:

4-4-1-1

Mannus

Mackay ando Wright Easton

Croft Millar MacDonald Lappin

O'halloran

Graham

Wrights not been up to the standard he set at the end of last season, but think he's the type of player to need a run of games to get his timing in. Understand the shouts for G Miller at RB with Mackay in the middle though, and would be happy with that as well. Lappin definitely deserves a start. O'halloran lucky to get a start after last week but would like to use his pace in the middle to run at players, and to get in behind onto BG's flick ons. Would have millar and Gay Mac mostly sitting.

In reality, I think we'll see a 4-5-1 again with BG alone up front.

Watched their game last night (don't ask, just did) they were feckin woeful.

Anything less than 0-3 is unacceptable.

Did you see Yogi's interview (BBC site) before the match. It's a wonder he didn't have them bowing in deference to the faithful as they shuffled their way on to the pitch at the start. You can be sure his team talk will be completely different before our match.

Gutted about the news from this week on macca and Tam, and really disappointed with the display v the coags last Saturday, but the one thing this saints team has been brilliant at over the past year or so is bouncing back. Will need a lot of character this weekend, maybe a good time to freshen things up:

4-4-1-1

Mannus

O'halloran

Graham

Wrights not been up to the standard he set at the end of last season, but think he's the type of player to need a run of games to get his timing in. Understand the shouts for G Miller at RB with Mackay in the middle though, and would be happy with that as well. Lappin definitely deserves a start. O'halloran lucky to get a start after last week but would like to use his pace in the middle to run at players, and to get in behind onto BG's flick ons. Would have millar and Gay Mac mostly sitting.

same team for me

Yup that 4411 formation looks like the way forward but can't see it happening. Graham will play up front on his own. There's no way Wright will be dropped, that would be a major kick in the teeth for him a would show a lack of faith in him by Tommy. He needs to keep playing as we're going to need him again for cover. I tend to prefer o'halloran coming on as an impact sub, always feel he's better like this. When he starts and things don't go his way either his head goes down or he starts trying to hard and makes mistakes.

4-4-1-1

Mannus

O'halloran

Graham

I would go with that.

A 4-5-1/4-3-3 is fine as long as Graham gets plenty of a support and isn't left isolated. Spoon and O'Halloran didn't do that v dundee and I would drop both and then use O'Halloran as an impact sub. If Muzz is ready then replace the injured brown with him, otherwise move Lappin into midfield and start Mikey. Wouldn't be adverse to seeing Caddis in for McDonald though

Mannus

Mackay Ando Wright Easton

Millar Davidson

McDonald/Caddis

Croft Graham Lappin

Subs: Banks Miller Rodger McDonald/Caddis Wotherspoon O'Halloran Morgan

Edited by Zamora Fan