Saints V Alashkert Europa League Q1 2Nd Leg Thurs 9Th July 2015

i dont even work for the council please take your misplaced raging elsewhere as its not very nice and is disrupting this thread

i don't work in recruitment, sorry

So no realistic ideas to replace the chairman or players who you so desparately want rid of? What about ideas to replace Tommy?

just because I dont want to tell you where i sat doesnt mean i wasnt there. take your internet hardman nonsense elsewhere

i have put more money into the club than you ever will so i am entitled to my opinion, just because you do not like it does not mean you can start demanding to know where i sit etc. 

you come across as really angry tbh

This is at least the second time you have issued this nonsense so lets have some proof of all this money you have put into the club that far out stretches what everybody else has all put into the club. I will not hold my breath waiting for a reasoned and proper response.

No-one has been remotely aggressive to you. People, including myself, have asked you reasonable questions to backup your criticism of the club or as proof that you put more effort or money into supporting the club than anyone else. You cannot answer these. That does not make us angry or aggressive.

we are in decline, year after year the budget gets slashed and now we are going to reap what we have sowed with poor/no signings and pumped out of europe from the second worst team we could have got,.

I believe they were only formed 4/5 years ago so their co-efficient is untrue to their ability

you think being asked for your seat number isn't aggressive? why would anyone want that other for the puropse of confronting me.

as for proof of what i have put into the club, why does that matter so much to you? i dont ask what you earn or what you spend on following Saints. just because you dont like me having an opinion that isnt blind optimism doesnt mean i have to prove myself to anyone

You keep making the assertion that you have put more money into the club than the rest of us are ever likely to put in, in our lifetimes, so either back this statement up with facts or do your usual and hide behind non answers and wild accusations of aggression.

you think being asked for your seat number isn't aggressive? why would anyone want that other for the puropse of confronting me.

as for proof of what i have put into the club, why does that matter so much to you? i dont ask what you earn or what you spend on following Saints. just because you dont like me having an opinion that isnt blind optimism doesnt mean i have to prove myself to anyone

I don't care how much you put into Saints - you're the one who keeps going on about that. As for the other thread, you are as guilty of abuse/aggression as anyone.

I have never criticised you. Quite the opposite. I welcome a bit of controversial opinion on here to liven it up somewhat.

I do find it odd that you say you've put more money into the club than people you probably don't know and wonder why you would say such a thing?

I guess if you make a statement like that about money then folk will ask you about it. That's not hard and that's not aggressive. :)

I was making the point that I doubted you were even at the match and in deed that you are a season ticket holder or a bona fide Saints supporter.

When I go to matches it is to support my team no look out and confront numpties.

As to being aggressive I am very placid.

Tbh Idgaf how much you have put into the club in comparison to others.

I do know that there are many on this forum who year in year out buy a season ticket, go to away matches, and support the team but do not mouth off about it.

No doubt get a garbled response in the morning between the hours of 9am and 5pm

Supporting Saints is NOT a peeing contest.

Its about celebrating the good times and trying to take the bad times with good grace.During every match I see I am constantly appraising the team and quite often critical of individuals both on and off the park,however if I kept seeing ineptitude in all the participants I would question my being there.

If the board ,staff and players are all as poor as portrayed by BO then I shudder to think what those below us are like .  COYS

Brown_out's penny pinching is systematically ruining this club. 

I for one will not be back or be putting another penny of my hard earned cash towards the club, until there is again significant investment from this flyby night sugar daddy. 

He claims to be a life long supporter and have the best interests of the club at heart, well its time to put up or shut up!! 

We clearly need the vast injection of cash he can offer so we can kick on.  I think I speak for all of us when I say that the mediocrity of the last four years cannot be allowed to continue.  Heaven forfend what would happen if we ever…..whisper it….. end up in the bottom six.

We need this mans investment and we need it now!!!  The rest of us simply cannot put the money in we need a Blue Knight!!!

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

I was over it at the final whistle. Over the years following saints I've had some highs and some lows. Yes Thursday was disappointing as was Trnava at home last season but it happens. Won't stop me supporting the club through thick or thin this season again or in the future. Putting all the injuries aside there is still a lot to be excited about this season.

MTS

I'm still pissed off at this failure. Ruined this week so it has. I should be in Kazakhstan, if we bothered to take the Armenians seriously. Alashkert underestimated since 2015! Hope Alashkert get through next round, will be cheering for them against Kairat.

It feels as if our Europa run didn't eve start! And we had built a good reputation up, for us to be tarred with the same brush as former Scottish failed teams is sore. We didn't do it justice after all that hard work last season.

I think we'd toil against anyone with the amount of players missing at the start of the home game (even Rangers!). Throwing the two injuries in central defence and Millar, Muzz and Spoonies' absence and we were without the entire spine of the team. Throw in Captain Fantastic's absence and then having new boys that have only been at the club for weeks having to come in and the whole thing was a big, unfortunate recipe for disaster.

I'm seeing this with a bit less rage now.

a tremendous season would not involve being knocked out of europe at the first time of asking from utter garbage. what if we dont get these signings you speak of? 

you need to wake up and smell the roses

Letter to editor of the Dundee Telegraph

If are to judge by the tone of "Member's" letter which appeared in your columns last week, he seems to have worked himself into something approaching a panic re the Saints' team, and, like most people suffering thus, he rushes blindly into print.

Now, is there any need for this? I think not. The Saints are doing not all badly although I think they could improve in one or two positions I quite content to let this matter rest with committee, who, I am sure ... are fully alive to the interests of the Perth football public, and are doing their best to raise the standard of football in Perth.

Good players are not easily picked nowadays (a fact which "Member" would speedily recognise if he had anything to with football management) and if he will only now repose confidence the local committee I am quite sure it will be fully justified.

I not see any necessity for " Member" or any other supporter of the club getting into a panic and writing to the papers because one or two players have not realised expectations.

Perth, 19 November 1907

Edited by Brogan

what is this nonsense?

I have been reading some letters which have criticised the St Johnstone players and directors, and I must say several of those letters are unfair and not sporty. For example, one writer says that none of the St Johnstone directors knows a football player when they see one. What rot!  Was it not good football players that took the Saints into the First Division? Was it not good players which have kept them there?

… I have nothing but admiration for the Saints' directors, and although they may have made mistakes, they have done their best for the club. St Johnstone several seasons ago was quite small club; who is to get the credit for the high present position in the football world, now?

Supporters of St Johnstone rally round the club at this bad time, give the directors some encouragement, not destructive criticism, and if players are doing their best do not discourage them. May we all be a happy band on Saturday

Letter to Sports Editor of Dundee Telegraph and Post, 5 February 1926