Hearts V Saints. Sunday 2 August 12.30 K-O.

Might as well not even turn up then.

Not the point I was making..

Hearts will likely finish above Saints(and many others) this season and one of the main reasons for that is the fact that they sold 14000 season tickets which means they can afford players which allows their fans and football experts to suspect that they will have a better season than a club that has sold 1500 season tickets...

To say that season tickets don't win you matches isn't quite correct because Hearts have used that extra revenue from 14000 tickets sold to invest in what looks like at least 2 quality players.

So they have sold 14000 season tickets = they have signed good players

Hearts will likely finish above Saints(and many others) this season and one of the main reasons for that is the fact that they sold 14000 season tickets which means they can afford players which allows their fans and football experts to suspect that they will have a better season than a club that has sold 1500 season tickets...

To say that season tickets don't win you matches isn't quite correct because Hearts have used that extra revenue from 14000 tickets sold to invest in what looks like at least 2 quality players.

how many season tickets did utd sell last season?

Might as well not turn up then.

Why does this bother you? Who cares, it has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

I think it is a mark of respect, it means something to them even so be indifferent and really if I'm in the Saints line up that day it would encourage me to wash their face.

It's a recent fad and didn't happen when Saints were promoted, so why does it happen now? I guess it bothers me for two reasons really: 1) I think it makes them look and feel above us and could give their players and fans a psychological boost immediately prior to kick off; 2) On this specific example it bothers me that we would applaud onto the pitch a club that has only been promoted in the first place because it was effectively relegated for cheating.

Will some team (possibly Saints again) be expected to do this for Sevco too when they inevitably drag themselves up from Hell to ruin football for all of us? Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

It's not just the season tickets that have allowed them to make those signings though - it's also the fact that they were allowed to cast aside their debts by going into administration, and by doing so they're now in a position to overtake clubs like ours who have lived within our means. Yet people are now praising their conduct.

What a shining example they are to all of us.

It's not just the season tickets that have allowed them to make those signings though - it's also the fact that they were allowed to cast aside their debts by going into administration, and by doing so they're now in a position to overtake clubs like ours who have lived within our means. Yet people are now praising their conduct.

What a shining example they are to all of us.

Absolutely spot on. Although it would appear that the new management team will run the business in a prudent fashion it doesn't get away from the fact that the same management team / investors avoided clearing a trail of debt to countless individuals and businesses - just like Dundee and Livingston ( both more than once) Gretna and Rangers before them. Any compensation to competitor clubs who lost out on cup revenue, league placing cash, relegation cost ( our experience v Gretna) etc ? Not a chance.

Yes they have a bigger budget. But Hibs had a bigger budget than most of the league the season they went down, Rangers the second biggest in scotland last season and failed to get promoted.

They are a bigger club than us but it doesn't necessarily mean a better team. How often over the past 4 years have we finished above teams with bigger budgets?? It's what we do!

It's a very simplistic viewpoint imo. When Hearts were spending millions they didn't have it didn't bring in huge amounts of success did it? Having ££££ is no guarantee that the players you spunk it on will actually achieve on the pitch. In fact we may have already benefitted from Neilson's ability to recognise a player but only time will tell.

Hearts were screwed by their foreign owner who led them all a merry dance and took them the way they went - Personally think they now have a woman who knows how to implement a business plan and as we can now see they have gone ape shit and have bought season ticket after season ticket to revive their club - its a great plan.

In my opinion the Hearts situation is unusual, because the majority of fans I know were unhappy with the way they were led to administration by one idiot.  Compare this with the likes of Dundee and Rangers, whose fans are adamant that there has been no wrongdoing and that administration is just part of the process to get to greatness by cheating.

I am a lot less hateful towards Hearts mainly due to the fact that the club and the supporters have accepted that the position they found themselves in was nobody elses fault but their own. They have got their heads down, taken their punishment and are now operating to a very clever and, so far, succesful business model.

Compare that to the tribute act and their bitter conspiracy theory accusations, we'll be back to make you all pay nonsense

It's a recent fad and didn't happen when Saints were promoted, so why does it happen now? I guess it bothers me for two reasons really: 1) I think it makes them look and feel above us and could give their players and fans a psychological boost immediately prior to kick off; 2) On this specific example it bothers me that we would applaud onto the pitch a club that has only been promoted in the first place because it was effectively relegated for cheating.

It bothers me more because of the crass stage management of it all. No fans care for it. But it's part of a wider list of daft innovations - like the full-team handshakes before the game - intended to foster the appearance of sporting integrity and respect - all to be shattered by the time of the first dive of the match.

If we have to do a tunnel for Hearts, why doesn't Alan Mannus leave a trailing leg in there? Comedy gold could ensue.

In my opinion the Hearts situation is unusual, because the majority of fans I know were unhappy with the way they were led to administration by one idiot. 

Not quite. Fairly sure that they were in debt under Wallace Mercer, and Chris Robinson massively increased debt too. I think Hearts would like us to believe it was one guy's fault, but the mismanagement was happening for a long time.

It bothers me more because of the crass stage management of it all. No fans care for it. But it's part of a wider list of daft innovations - like the full-team handshakes before the game - intended to foster the appearance of sporting integrity and respect - all to be shattered by the time of the first dive of the match.

If we have to do a tunnel for Hearts, why doesn't Alan Mannus leave a trailing leg in there? Comedy gold could ensue.

Handshakes should be after the match. 

Ice Hockey is a shining example of this. They batter fcuk out of each other on the ice, then shake each other's hands after.

Hardy b@stards.

Not quite. Fairly sure that they were in debt under Wallace Mercer, and Chris Robinson massively increased debt too. I think Hearts would like us to believe it was one guy's fault, but the mismanagement was happening for a long time.

Correct, overpaying players since the 80's.

Dodging police bills council tax with help from Foulkes and his ilk on ECC.

I for one WILL NOT be applauding the lying cheating poppy thieving dude onto the pitch.

As for settling their debts...........

Correct, overpaying players since the 80's.

Dodging police bills council tax with help from Foulkes and his ilk on ECC.

A wee bit of your Hibs allegiances coming through there mate :wink:

I am a lot less hateful towards Hearts mainly due to the fact that the club and the supporters have accepted that the position they found themselves in was nobody elses fault but their own. They have got their heads down, taken their punishment and are now operating to a very clever and, so far, succesful business model.

...and yet those they screwed over remain out of pocket... while Hearts get lauded for a new business model which essentially involves once again attempting to buy success.

Fair enough, they have to get on with things and attempt to be ambitious once again - but I find the whole idea of St Johnstone making a public display of "respect" towards their so-called achievement to be massively distasteful. What real achievement is involved in ditching your financial responsibilities and then suddenly being able to plough money into signing better footballers than the teams around you?

Bottom line guy's. 

I for one don't give a flying fcuk about off field politics and antics, the false show of respect etc etc.

I expect my team to turn up on the day, roll their respective sleeves up and show them absolutely and utterly no respect whatsoever when the whistle blows.

To show them that new business model or not, it means the sum total of squat when they get beaten and we come away with 3 points.

That is what matters in this game, its ALL about what happens on the pitch during the 90 minutes :cool:  

Bottom line guy's. 

I for one don't give a flying fcuk about off field politics and antics, the false show of respect etc etc.

I expect my team to turn up on the day, roll their respective sleeves up and show them absolutely and utterly no respect whatsoever when the whistle blows.

To show them that new business model or not, it means the sum total of squat when they get beaten and we come away with 3 points.

That is what matters in this game, its ALL about what happens on the pitch during the 90 minutes :cool:  

Good,back to football. Was forgetting we had a game.

Kane up front with Macca sitting behind. Well not sitting before some smart ass comments.