Sevco v Saints 22/10 Match Thread

David123

I'll be honest glad we won as it's cup progression and puts a lot of people in their place. 

But I'm trying not to get too over excited about beating what was in truth a pretty average team. I genuinely think Warburton is doing the right things and they have some pretty good players. However this week's nonsense coming from Glasgow was making out they had Cafu at right back, a combination of any Italian centre half pairing during the 80s and 90s,  Giggs on the left wing, Pirlo in midfield spraying balls around the pitch at his leisure and Van Basten doing the business up top. They don't, they have some talented young lads with potential who have had a lesson tonight. I'm happy but we need to keep our heads on for Saturday are a totally different kind of pis. 

Great tactics from Tommy. Great goals and excellent defending.

BBC commentary was shocking! So bias!!!!!!!!!

That Craig Paterson should be shot with a ball of his own shit.

Reached new heights in being biased, but nothing new in the West coast media.

G.I.R.U.Y.

Come on ye Saints.

Let's not get too carried away by the result, as after all we are a Premier league team against a newly formed team of mixed players of failed last season SPFL Championship players/English lower team players/and heaven knows how many loanees who have not yet made their mark in the game. 

Looking forward to the next round draw.

fantastic night out at ibrox, then the town,  top 5 saints experience for me....not sure when we last beat them there but that was special ..

thought we defended brilliantly against a pretty skillful team... we wanted it, the team played their hearts out and Tommy had a blinder 

i unashamedly got completely carried away... 

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=287688&page=1

Fill your boots, bottom of page three is where the fun starts, with the predictions of "only winning by a couple" getting dropped in. Post #72 is the highlight, saying we'll struggle with their "European style of play"

Folk should have a read. Hilarious stuff. One minute they are world-beaters, and the next they are turning on their team, manager and each other. When someone really upsets someone,they accuse them of being a catholic. It's like peeping into a parallel universe inhabited by weird, deluded Neanderthals.

Tommy obviously used his LOAF to outfox Mr WARBURTON, whose team failed to RISE to the occasion. It was PLAIN for all to see that Rangers KNEAD more time before they can compete in the league where the real DOUGH is to be made. The game was a joy to watch, particularly as Mikey SLICED through their defence!!

Delighted I took a last minute decision to go to the game.  We were brilliant last night, with Mikey clear MOM.  Been reading some of this thread - what does Tommy have to do to earn the right to pick his team?  Some shameful posts about his line-up from the likes of Patsy and that clown in Manhattan.

Delighted I took a last minute decision to go to the game.  We were brilliant last night, with Mikey clear MOM.  Been reading some of this thread - what does Tommy have to do to earn the right to pick his team?  Some shameful posts about his line-up from the likes of Patsy and that clown in Manhattan.

Patsy's only happy when he's moaning

Folk should have a read. Hilarious stuff. One minute they are world-beaters, and the next they are turning on their team, manager and each other. When someone really upsets someone,they accuse them of being a catholic. It's like peeping into a parallel universe inhabited by weird, deluded Neanderthals.

My favourite is the guy who makes some half decent tactical points-only to get a reply demanding he explain his username before anyone will engage with him. The reason? It contains the word "cloth", so he might be a "man of the cloth", and there fire "wan o' them."

To be fair to the Rangers fans on that forum, they have a good all round knowledge of Scottish football:  

"I am really looking forward to this game, st johnstone are a decent mid table side who are currently unbeaten in the league(won 2, drew 2) so it will be a good test for us."

If you don't count the 4 league defeats then he's spot on to be fair.

"Teams in Scotland are generally unprepared for our style of play, Celtic are perhaps the only team that play similar football to us, and even then, it's at a lower standard than ourselves, and they play with more midfielders, so we have that one-touch, modern European football at our disposal."

after beating Alloa, Livingston and Raith, I think it's a reasonable assessment. 

Thats two from early on, it's great entertainment!! :laugh:

I liked the comment on their forum which said, "to be fair, if Waghorms header had gone in and Oduwa's effort that hit the bar, wed be looking at a different result" 

Yep he's right, well spotted big man, but what he didn't say was that if McLean hadnt missed a sitter and their keeper hadn't made a great early save we would have had scored 5. Either way, same result. GIRUY COYS

Best £18 quid I have spent for ages, absolute class when Mikey scored and came over to the corner where the saints support were. Just to see all the orcs faces all night, very angry people.

Warburton was a right arrogant tosser in his interview, his team has a few good players that look all pretty in possession, but run round in circles and don't really go anywhere, whereas we have Mr O'Halloran who tore them a new one

Just surfaced here in Cyprus. In bar last night me and the wife had to suffer 8 currant buns. I got so frustrated with them that I bet them each a large glass of vadka that we would win. After the first goal the only people that were having a good time was me and the wife. After the 3rd went in I had 5 vodkas put on my table as they left with their tails between their legs. That is what I call Loyal supporters leaving with 40mins to go. I got the other 3 at full time. What a night. I think MOH enjoyed his goal against them more than any other. COYS

Just surfaced here in Cyprus. In bar last night me and the wife had to suffer 8 currant buns. I got so frustrated with them that I bet them each a large glass of vadka that we would win. After the first goal the only people that were having a good time was me and the wife. After the 3rd went in I had 5 vodkas put on my table as they left with their tails between their legs. That is what I call Loyal supporters leaving with 40mins to go. I got the other 3 at full time. What a night. I think MOH enjoyed his goal against them more than any other. COYS

Kalimera Inchcolm.....no wonder you have "just surfaced" :wink: