Hearts v Saints 19/3/16 K-O 3pm

Watch MacLean next time he plays with Kane, and you'll see why he plays so much. He completely sacrificed his own performance against Caley instead spending the 90 minutes covering for Kane defensively and instructing him on when to stay/go and where to position himself. Its no coincidence that Kanes improving while being in the same squad as him, similar to how May did the same. 

go back and watch the highlights of the Inverness game, the long highlights on you tube.  Macca is constantly involved in creating chances for us.  I don't think anyone should be undroppable, and yesterday's starting team was spot on, but he played his part when he came on.

More general point, there are quite a few on here who can't wait to go on about certain players being finished, simply cos they've lost a bit of form and are in their thirties.  Frazer Wright got it then came back last season and was outstanding.  Maclean got it last season then scored 9 goals the first half of this one and was league top scorer for a while.  Mannus and Millar have been getting it this season as well, and both were outstanding yesterday.

go back and watch the highlights of the Inverness game, the long highlights on you tube.  Macca is constantly involved in creating chances for us.  I don't think anyone should be undroppable, and yesterday's starting team was spot on, but he played his part when he came on.

More general point, there are quite a few on here who can't wait to go on about certain players being finished, simply cos they've lost a bit of form and are in their thirties.  Frazer Wright got it then came back last season and was outstanding.  Maclean got it last season then scored 9 goals the first half of this one and was league top scorer for a while.  Mannus and Millar have been getting it this season as well, and both were outstanding yesterday.

Completely agree with that.  The difference in Midge now that he seems to have got over the injury (fingers crossed) was fantastic to see.  Convinced it had a huge impact on Muzz's performance too.

Hope nobody minds me saying this but we'll done to saints , very difficult place to go to get a result, from what I heard they played very well, not read papers yet but I hope they're giving Saints all the plaudits for a change and not how the other team was 

Think general consensus is Hearts were poor by their standards, but Saints were outstanding and didn't let Hearts play.

Hide it all you want but Macleans goal scoring record for a striker is embarrassing 

Over his entire career he averages a goal every 283 minutes, which is a goal every 3 games. Hardly embarrassing.

In his time with us he averages a goal every 306 minutes, which is a goal every 3.5 games. 

FWIW did you think Sheridan was a better striker than MacLean?

Completely agree with that.  The difference in Midge now that he seems to have got over the injury (fingers crossed) was fantastic to see.  Convinced it had a huge impact on Muzz's performance too.

I agree 100%.  Murray yesterday was back to his very best, I do hope he gets  a decent rest in the close season , his body can't take the punishment he gives it.

Hide it all you want but Macleans goal scoring record for a striker is embarrassing 

It's not worth pointing the obvious out sometimes, words like hero (scored the 2nd of our 2 in the final, which I celebrated as much as anyone else on here) God, and legend get thrown back at you. 

I suppose for those who hold him in that high regard must be happy, as pessimists are seldom disappointed. 

He is nowhere near those exalted heights. Quite embarrassing actually for past players who are. As well as those from other clubs. 

Shows you how cheap exalted and celebrity status is nowadays in today's disposable society.

Total nonsense that even a striker needs to score goals to justify being in the team, especially one of Maclean's style. This isn't playground football.

I've not been at a game in a few months so if he is playing poorly that is another issue, but people focusing on his goals, in my opinion, just don't quite get it.

It's not worth pointing the obvious out sometimes, words like hero (scored the 2nd of our 2 in the final, which I celebrated as much as anyone else on here) God, and legend get thrown back at you. 

I suppose for those who hold him in that high regard must be happy, as pessimists are seldom disappointed. 

He is nowhere near those exalted heights. Quite embarrassing actually for past players who are. As well as those from other clubs. 

Shows you how cheap exalted and celebrity status is nowadays in today's disposable society.

A servant right throughout our best ever period, an absolute psycho who exudes passion, goalscorer in Luzern in front of 1000 Saints fans in the scorching sun and scorer of one of the most important goals in our history. The older generation seem to look back on yesteryear with much greater fondness than the here and now, but this is our golden generation, these players will go down in history. In 50 years fans will talk about Steven Anderson, Steven Maclean and Stevie May. They are legends and will go down as such. There's nothing cheap about how they've managed to reach 'celebrity status.' 

People go on about folk like John Connelly as if he's was world class. To me he was the appalling manager who nearly relegated saints further. He's not a legend in my eyes at all. 

In 30 years time, it's going to be the likes of McLean et al who are the legends from the past. The guys who will be trotted out onto the pitch and warmly applauded with stories being told. Maybe not legendary status yet, but over time of wager they will. I mean they are more entitled than any other saints player due to actually achieving something.