Saints v Stirling Albion. LC sectionsw. 30/78/16

hopefully the Stirling keeper is okay, looked a bad one.

comfortable win, but how many chances have we missed at Elgin and today?! Front two's all round play was good, but finishing was poor.

Also scored two disallowed for offside and had numerous other chances we wasted.

Weatherspoon was excellent when he came on, probably our best player in that second half.  I love Joe at centre back but at right back his lack of ability on the ball is telling. He's solid defensively there though.  In an attacking sense, Alston at right back with Spoony at right mid is magnificent. Get Joe and Ando back together in the middle.

bit disappointed we're not seeded; but then again we could get Alloa, Morton or Hibs, so might well work out not too bad for us...

bit disappointed we're not seeded; but then again we could get Alloa, Morton or Hibs, so might well work out not too bad for us...

We are not noted for our luck, we could also get one of the ugly sisters - away.

Edited by south inch

We turned on the style, but in quite a nonchalant and effortless manner. Good movement and fast-paced passing with everyone reading from the same hymn book. A very pleasing spectacle. To my surprise, Paton potentially looks a class act. Do other clubs' supporters say he's rubbish purely because of his reputation as a human being? In terms of the other new signings, Alston had a very good first-half and Coulson looked creative when he came on.

Brogan the Beagle looked dispirited when he came onto the pitch. Not the exciting entrance I was hoping for.

Edited by The Real Saints

hopefully the Stirling keeper is okay, looked a bad one.

comfortable win, but how many chances have we missed at Elgin and today?! Front two's all round play was good, but finishing was poor.

Also scored two disallowed for offside and had numerous other chances we wasted.

Weatherspoon was excellent when he came on, probably our best player in that second half.  I love Joe at centre back but at right back his lack of ability on the ball is telling. He's solid defensively there though.  In an attacking sense, Alston at right back with Spoony at right mid is magnificent. Get Joe and Ando back together in the middle.

This,plus thought he might have replaced Cummins with Kane. Strange shuffling about to make way for Spoony but it worked. Can't see Alston wanting to play right back too often but he did well.

Not easy to asses against a division 2 team.

Good day out. Funday should be seen as a success. 

Thought saints played some great football. And also think that joe and Alston linked up well.

If you look at our squad, we have some amount of strength. Looks like we should have another good season.

Any word on how the Stirling keeper is? Hope he is ok. 

Good day out. Funday should be seen as a success. 

Thought saints played some great football. And also think that joe and Alston linked up well.

If you look at our squad, we have some amount of strength. Looks like we should have another good season.

Any word on how the Stirling keeper is? Hope he is ok. 

Been released from hospital no lasting damage

image.png

Guest ScottMann

Good to see we strolled it just as we should have. Only real disappointment is Midge going off again. I thought this was 'being managed' last season then resolved over the summer. Much as I like him, given we now have a suitable replacement, I'd rather he was out for a few months to totally cure the problem than risk having to consistently sub him in games again. 

think brads days are numbered needed a defender after Easton got subbed Tommy decides to play Alston at right back rather than give brad a chance out with some hearts pals last night and said brad only got so many games as hearts had nothing else at the time once cuptie comes back he won't even warm the bench afraid to say tommy does trust him enough to get a game against Stirling with saints 3 nil up

think brads days are numbered needed a defender after Easton got subbed Tommy decides to play Alston at right back rather than give brad a chance out with some hearts pals last night and said brad only got so many games as hearts had nothing else at the time once cuptie comes back he won't even warm the bench afraid to say tommy does trust him enough to get a game against Stirling with saints 3 nil up

In saying that he was sent out to warm up as soon as Ando signalled he had a knock in the first half. Can see him going out on loan until January and a decision on his future then. 

I think that there is a player in there somewhere. How long did it take Ando to be trusted here? Also I am not convinced Dave cup tie can be first choice either at full back or central defence [despite his fantastic history here).