Player contracts and transfers

David123

Now there are occasionally a few rediculous suggestions on here, but I was having a gander at the hearts forum. Now the majority of them firmly believe that they should offer the likes of Murray Davidson and Michael Higdon contracts and that they will actually want to sign.

We may dream of better players, but te Hearts fans are delusionally expectant. Anyway have me a chuckle.

____

Some of them will still be buying into the Romanov fantasy from a few years ago when they were signing Jankauskas etc.

Wasn't so long ago I saw suggestions of us signing the likes of Higdon and Webster on here!

--------------------------------

And firmly told dont be so stupid by the majority on here. Not one on the hearts forum even remotely suggested it was ludicrous.

Jody morris keeps reiterating on twitter that he doesnt have a club and none really wanting him at the moment, think he would come back for another season?

This debate has been covered in other threads several times over. Would he want to come back? I doubt it. Would Lomas want him in the dressing room? I doubt that too. Would the Saints fan's want him back? For nostalgic reasons, some might? Do we need him back? I don't think so

===

Be surprised if that happened. Sevco or down to England. Although if he gets a decent club in the Championship he will get caps.

Is there really a danger of him going to Sevco? I know they'll probably offer silly money and that was enough to tempt Sandaza, but Muzz is a young player knocking on the door of international football and this summer is going to be his key first opportunity to get a good move to a big club. Different situation from Fran who probably saw the Sevco offer as his last chance to get some big money out of his playing career.

I reckon the sensible move for Muzz would be a Championship club.

Is there really a danger of him going to Sevco? I know they'll probably offer silly money and that was enough to tempt Sandaza, but Muzz is a young player knocking on the door of international football and this summer is going to be his key first opportunity to get a good move to a big club. Different situation from Fran who probably saw the Sevco offer as his last chance to get some big money out of his playing career.

I reckon the sensible move for Muzz would be a Championship club.

===

The sensible move would be to the Championship. But he does appear to be a Rangers fan. He's a good age to help them up through the leagues and could then end up an Ibrox legend. I think it will be a tough decision for him.

Stay - Mannus, Miller, Wright, C Davidson (although he's already been told he's going, which is just ridiculous) Cregg, Millar, Vine

Unsure - Tuffey (I suppose it depends on whether or not we could get someone else or if Lomas trusts Clark enough to be his back up)

Go - Adams, Robertson, M Davidson, Craig, McCracken (maybe a bit harsh, but I'd rather get a younger, faster deputy for Anderson and Wright). We'll also lose Abeid, Edwards and Doughty. Not seen Maddison at all to see if he's worth another year. He really needs to be at least ready for the bench next season IMO or he wont be worth keeping either.

Unsure about Tade's contract situation. I'd also keep him if he's out of contract.

I'd obviously like to keep Davidson and Craig, but that's a pipe dream.

Lomas on radio today saying he is now keen to work on contracts etc for next season as top 6 is assured.

So, who should stay/go etc?

---

Very few I'd like to see leave to be honest.  We have youngsters in May and Caddis who, touch wood, keep on improving, and getting ever closer to the first team.  I think Caddis could be the replacement for Liam for next season - right sided player with Vine on the left.  

I wonder how we stand with the loan players - staying on on a longer loan perhaps?  Abeid I guess is bigger than Saints, but Edwards looks a real promising player i reckon.  In Hasslebaink, Tade and Maclean we probably have one too many strikers who are unlikely to return goals in double figures, and if you class Vine as a striker rather than a winger then we maybe have two too many.  We need a 15-20 goal man and we'd be some team.  How is Roddy's fitness?

Do you think there is any chance of getting them on possibly a season long loan?  I've been impressed with each of them when they have played, although Doughty seems to have dropped out of things completely. 

I've been wondering about them actually. I think all 3 would benefit from having another year at our level, but it's whether or not their parent clubs would want to send them back to us. None of three have played as much as I'm sure the parent club managers wanted so far.

If it was possible, I'd quite like to keep all 3. They'd all be closer to the starting 11 next season IMO, and it would mean we'd need to find 3 less players for next year.

Abeid certainly looks like he enjoys every minute on the park.  After a promising start, I wasn't so impressed with Doughty - his game isn't physical enough, and up against tough opposition he looked totally out of the game (can't remember which game - he came off after 45 minutes in it - was it the Celtic game?).  Edwards looks the part in my opinion too, threatening in the final third.  If we could keep Abeid and Edwards on loan for next season I'd be ecstatic.