Player contracts and transfers

David123

I'd be delighted if it was simply a matter of big chris away and Kane brought into fold.

I quite like MacDonald but would have him further down pecking order. Happy to see Brown given alot more game time, thus would move MacDonald on.

Would like to see Croft and O Halloran prioritised before Nigel, but all three resigned would be great.

It is a sign of the times that we have to wait until the last minute to re sign players. As all are still unsigned by us or any other club, I presume that they are not as sought after as their agents would have us believe. First and foremost we have to balance the books, therefore I see the high earners who cannot be replaced by existing players or under 20s leaving. The problem Nigel has is he has fallen down the pecking order and I cannot see him staying if he is not a first team regular. I see Croft being in the same situation, both their reactions when taken off is one of disgust and disbelief. The player I would offer a new improved contract to is O'Halloran he has impressed since he came into the team. He has only 1 year left on his contract. My main reason for this comment is if he gets an offer he cannot refuse, we would get a fee rather than have him sign a pre-contract with someone else at Christmas.

we are speaking the same language

was just told this afternoon that a young lad called Mattie Smith released by Saints last year has been signed up on  full time contract by Dundee utd, hope he doesn't come back to haunt us in the future. 

Decisions are made in football for what is best for the team at that particular time. These haunting things happen in football. Wotherspoon and O'Halloran both were part of the Celtic youth team and combined to score our equaliser on Wednesday night. So do not get yourself worked up over what might happen what is done is done.

Exactly, players are moved on for a variety of reasons and sometimes something just clicks at another club. I have a great deal of faith in our young player set up especially since Alistair Stevenson came back to the club.

Looking forward to Saints having some good young players coming into reckoning for the first team squad. Over the next few years it would be great to see us having players who are confident & talented enough to step up and replace those who will have left the first team squad for various reasons. Hopefully by bringing through our own youngsters we won't have to dip into money for transfers as much as other teams.

The future for me is blue and looking bright. Proud to be a St Johnstone supporter.

was just told this afternoon that a young lad called Mattie Smith released by Saints last year has been signed up on  full time contract by Dundee utd, hope he doesn't come back to haunt us in the future. 

I was surprised that he was let go. Looked like a good prospect up front and had been there a while.

Hope his new team get gubbed next week though.

I wonder when we last had the majority of our team (playing at this level) signed up and ready to play next season. It seems that in most years recently there have been wholesale changes due to one reason or another. This season I don't think we'll be seeing any back page photos in the PA of our manager with 6 or 7 new faces by his side - and I'm delighted about that. As exciting as the 'new signing' headlines can be over the summer, I'm just chuffed that we've got a quality group of players together that are happy to pledge their future to our club. 

Consistency is a fantastic thing when we're playing with a unit like this.

As always let me know if you spot any errors. Also I presume a fair few of the younger players will be let go? And I'd imagine the likes of Thomson have got contracts for net season, but not heard any news of it personally.

Goalkeepers

1 - Alan Mannus - (31) - 2015
15 - Steve Banks - (42) - 2014
30 - Zander Clark - (21) - 2014 - close to signing new deal
------------------------------
35 - Mark Hurst - (18) - 2014

?? - Sam Bunting (19) - ?

Defenders

2 - Dave Mackay - (34) - 2015
3 - Tam Scobbie - (26) - 2015

5 - Frazer Wright - (35) - 2015
6 - Steven Anderson - (28) - 2014 - reportedly deciding whether to take up one year extension option
19 - Gary Miller - (26) - 2014
21 - Callum Davidson - (37) - 2015

23 - *** Clancy - (29) - 2014
24 - Brian Easton - (26) - 2015
------------------------------
36 - Scott Stevenson - (17) - 2014
38 - Ally Gilchrist - (19) - 2014
40 - Andrew Steeves - (19) - 2014
43 - Gareth Rodger - (20) - 2014

?? - Alex Kitchen - (18) - 2015

Midfielders

4 - Paddy Cregg - (28) - 2014
7 - Chris Millar - (31) - 2015
8 - Gary McDonald - (32) - 2015
10 - David Wotherspoon - (24) - 2015

12 - James Dunne - (24) - on loan, but has said he wants to stay
16 - Liam Caddis - (20) - 2014 
18 - Murray Davidson - (26) - 2014
20 - Scott Brown - (19) - 2015
22 - Lee Croft - (28) - 2015

---------------------------------------
31 - Dylan Easton - (20) - 2016

32 - Dwayne Coultress - (18) - 2014
34 - Keiran Stewart - (19) - 2014
39 - Scott Gray - (19) - 2014
44 - Craig Thomson - (19) - 2014
49 - Scott-Taylor Mackenzie - (17) - 2015
?? - Wade Joyce - (19) - 2014

?? - Mark Davies - (20) - on loan until the end of the season

Forwards

9 - Steven MacLean - (31) - 2016
11 - Nigel Hasselbaink - (23) - 2014 - will reportedly talk to the club after the final
17 - Stevie May - (21) - 2015

25 - Chris Iwelumo (35) - 2014
29 - Michael O'Halloran - (23) - 2015
---------------------------------
41 - Chris Kane - (19) - 2016 - on loan at Dumbarton for the rest of the season

?? - Fisayo Adarabioyo - (18) - 2014

?? - Bradley Fortnam-Tomlinson - (19) - 2014