Player contracts and transfers

David123

Just watched the stv clip .Sounds like it is just about done. Really happy that he is happy to stay, great player and he has delivered for the team. Will be a great boost ahead of that important date !

Edited by Jad

Spoony hardly set the world alight at Hibs. They make players shite. Shambles of a club, remember when folk on here thought they would finish above us lulz.

Hibs regularly used him in the wrong position.

I agree that there is some sort of deep rooted problem at Hibs though. Christ knows what the cause is. They are the Scottish Bristol City. Report card would read "Should do better".

Liam Craig was a very good player for us and I would be happy to see him back. You know what you're getting from Liam. Hes a decent, consistent midfielder at this level who can play a number of positions and will return 6-8 goals a season.

He's not a better player than Wotherspoon however. Wotherspoon is more talented but lacks consistency at the top of his game while Craig is more consistent at the peak of his ability but his peak is nowhere near the level of Spoonys. You need a bit of both in your team. Craig is your steady eddy. Spoony is your bit of flair.

Agree with the comments about Hibs ruining players and it's also something their fans would seem to agree with. Disagree Craig has been their best player this season. I've seen him a lot and he's been woeful. He's been dropped recently despite being fit. Teams don't drop their captains! Goes to show how bad it is down there.

Liam Craig was a very good player for us and I would be happy to see him back. You know what you're getting from Liam. Hes a decent, consistent midfielder at this level who can play a number of positions and will return 6-8 goals a season.

He's not a better player than Wotherspoon however. Wotherspoon is more talented but lacks consistency at the top of his game while Craig is more consistent at the peak of his ability but his peak is nowhere near the level of Spoonys. You need a bit of both in your team. Craig is your steady eddy. Spoony is your bit of flair.

Agree with the comments about Hibs ruining players and it's also something their fans would seem to agree with. Disagree Craig has been their best player this season. I've seen him a lot and he's been woeful. He's been dropped recently despite being fit. Teams don't drop their captains! Goes to show how bad it is down there.

I'd agree with all of that Sam.  I think Liam is under contract for another season anyway, so can't see him coming back for another year anyway.

I agree with everything here except the use of the phrase 'steady eddy'.

Shame on you.

I would take Blair Spittal from Queens but it is likely that Dundee Utd will snap him up especially as he has seen how Robertson has got on at Tannadice

I think he's got a year left on his contract and QP have a bee in their bonnet about how United conduct their business. I think they would be far happier letting him go to a team like Partick Thistle (who I see are credited with an interest) or ourselves.

I think he's got a year left on his contract and QP have a bee in their bonnet about how United conduct their business. I think they would be far happier letting him go to a team like Partick Thistle (who I see are credited with an interest) or ourselves.

Yeah but it's an amatuer contract. So it doesn't really mean anything in that sense. It's not like a regular contract.

That is good news. I think that Saints should think about signing him. He seems to be thought of as the next good player to come from the lower ranks.

Wouldn`t be too unhappy if we went into next season with the present squad but can`t see Nige,Gary Miller,Cregg hanging around if they aren`t getting a game.

Big Chris will be gone & is the only one I wouldn`t be mind going.

Will need at least one defender though even if no one leaves.

Wouldn`t be too unhappy if we went into next season with the present squad but can`t see Nige,Gary Miller,Cregg hanging around if they aren`t getting a game.

Defo a central defender. Im happy that several of the u20 squad will be in the full squad. Onwards and upwards

I'd like gaz Miller to stay

It's not often I sit at the end of the season and struggle to think who I'd like us to punt. I'll be gutted if Nigel, Gary Miller or Paddy go - all very very good players for us. Aside from Iwelumo and MacDonald I want us to keep every other player. Even then there is arguments for those two staying (like Macdonald 50 year contract).

Goes to show what a likeable squad we have.

Edited by Broon

It is a sign of the times that we have to wait until the last minute to re sign players. As all are still unsigned by us or any other club, I presume that they are not as sought after as their agents would have us believe. First and foremost we have to balance the books, therefore I see the high earners who cannot be replaced by existing players or under 20s leaving. The problem Nigel has is he has fallen down the pecking order and I cannot see him staying if he is not a first team regular. I see Croft being in the same situation, both their reactions when taken off is one of disgust and disbelief. The player I would offer a new improved contract to is O'Halloran he has impressed since he came into the team. He has only 1 year left on his contract. My main reason for this comment is if he gets an offer he cannot refuse, we would get a fee rather than have him sign a pre-contract with someone else at Christmas.

I'd love Nigel to stay, he's played a big part this season which gets forgotten becuase he hasn't been in the team so much recently.  I can see Miller staying, has played a lot more than people realise.  Wouldn't like to guess what Cregg's thinking is, but again would be happy if he stayed.  I'd be more than happy to go again with this squad to be honest.