Player contracts and transfers

David123

I definitely have not given up on Brad MacKay...and more importantly he has not given up on Saints.

Certainly haven't given up on the guy either. I was excited when he arrived because we appeared to be getting a promising player. But it seems strange that he couldn't even force his way onto the bench when our defence was leaking goals left right and centre, and then he gets farmed out on loan. Attitude issues? Or is he just actually pretty pish and we've been done?

Either way I don't really buy Tommy's recent comments stating that "the defence was playing well so he couldn't get game time", they weren't.

i-smell-shite-o.gif

Yeah,I am a great fan of Ando but have noticed that he tends to turn side on when trying to block shots.

Serb it all before. Gretna, Dundee, Motherwell, Livi. County are paying out money above their station if we can't match them financially. Of that I have no doubt.

th

Edited by Cagey
Quote in the wrong place again. I give up.

Still does! Pass straight to one of them 40 yards out on Saturday,was his latest, he also turns his back on shots more than a CB should, too soft imo

And he rises like a Salmon at the back post just as much.! scud 1-0 Saints. Camon Ando.!LAUGH OUT LOUD

O'Halloran was allowed to leave his contract early to join us, he joined on January 3rd.

Everyone out of contract now is someone another club didnt want and nobody else is looking at. Its utter delusion to believe they'll be good enough to improve us.

Not exactly, can get an out of contract player who has played at higher level and looks for x amount of wages, doesn't get it, then is willing for 6 months to take a hit on wages and put themselves in the shop window to speak at a club like saints, so that theory is a bit flawed

Not exactly, can get an out of contract player who has played at higher level and looks for x amount of wages, doesn't get it, then is willing for 6 months to take a hit on wages and put themselves in the shop window to speak at a club like saints, so that theory is a bit flawed

This simply doesnt happen at the level we operate at

O'Halloran was allowed to leave his contract early to join us, he joined on January 3rd.

Everyone out of contract now is someone another club didnt want and nobody else is looking at. Its utter delusion to believe they'll be good enough to improve us.

Both Duberry and Clancy were signed in February. At the time both improved our situation. Being out of contract may be as much a player's decision as it could be nobody being interested. 

Hell of a sweeping  statement insist everyone out of contract is worthless and not good enough for the mighty Saints.

That said we'll probaby end up bringing in Cleveland Taylor.