Player contracts and transfers

David123

Yeah it makes you wonder what is wrong with him.

Interesting career trajectory, punted by Bury but then moving upwards to Sunderland, then pied by both them and Barnsley.

Must have talent, but there must be a "but".

Unless he is really cheap, I'm struggling to see the value of such a contract. I think his "temp" status was why Jahic never played, and unless he is better than our first team I'm sure this will be the same. So id rather get someone good enough for an english contract on loan

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

When Scott Brown signed from Bradford he spoke about coming here to play first team football as he was only fourth or fifth choice at Valley Parade, it's just these guys showing ambition. Marcus Maddison probably thought he was coming to play in the first eleven when he signed from Newcastle but they must realise they have to earn the chance. We've been signing players of a similar stature (Maddison, Kitchen, Coultress, Tomlinson) ever since Alistair Stevenson returned and I'm sure this guy will be being viewed in the same way.

It's a fair question to ask though if we should be signing U20 players when we seem to be struggling to put together the funds to sign a striker.

Yeah it makes you wonder what is wrong with him.

Interesting career trajectory, punted by Bury but then moving upwards to Sunderland, then pied by both them and Barnsley.

Must have talent, but there must be a "but".

Unless he is really cheap, I'm struggling to see the value of such a contract. I think his "temp" status was why Jahic never played, and unless he is better than our first team I'm sure this will be the same. So id rather get someone good enough for an english contract on loan

"on an initial deal until the end of the season, with a view to extending it."

Edited by PerthSeany

"on an initial deal until the end of the season, with a view to extending it."

I know, I can read.

My point was, when will we play him, if he isn't improving the first team?

Other than the afore-mentioned scenario of once safety from play-off is secured, I don't see when, so the deal is pointless unless he is either a) very very cheap (unlikely if we beat off other teams), or B) very very good, which we can hope for given some of the clubs on his cv, but seems unlikely given his treatment at some others.

I hope he turns out great though

I know, I can read.

My point was, when will we play him, if he isn't improving the first team?

Other than the afore-mentioned scenario of once safety from play-off is secured, I don't see when, so the deal is pointless unless he is either a) very very cheap (unlikely if we beat off other teams), or B) very very good, which we can hope for given some of the clubs on his cv, but seems unlikely given his treatment at some others.

I hope he turns out great though

Just checkin'

I know he says he is looking forward to playing in the 1st team but appears not to have had too much of that in the past. Certainly not down the road at Oakwell or, from what I can see at Oldham, where he went on loan late last year.

Oh well, in Tommy we trust.

So will know Croft?

What foot does Joyce kick with?

I don't mean that in the sectarian way.

He's a right footed Central Midfielder. The description of him makes it sound like hes a similar player to Scott Brown. He was effectively on trial at Oldham in November, and seemingly failed it

Can't really understand this signing, as he'll likely not be good enough for the senior squad, and I don't believe the Youth squad needs him. Very strange