Player contracts and transfers

David123

well you'd be an idiot, hes a quality player, played well since coming back to us from hibs

I may be an idiot for having an opinion but you're clearly blind!

Think he has been poor in most games. He's never been blessed with pace but he was always a good passer and could (sometimes) stick a decent ball into the box. Since he has returned he seems to have lost the ability to pass and control the ball. Its great that he gives it 100% and rarely hides when things aren't going well but thats not enough for me...and hopefully Saints

The above posts re Liam is what I am thinking as well, some people get the what the player has done in the past is all that matters, that is relegation thoughts in my opinion we need to look at every position and sign players to improve on what we have at present and within our budget, Liam, Lappin, Scobbie, Dave Mckay , Steve McLean all fall into this category we now need to get players in that will give us a better consistent performance than these guys can do now due to their age, If we are seriously looking to sign and meet the terms they demand at Alston, Scougal, Dow then some of the above will need to move on there is nothing wrong with a couple old timers on the bench but we will be United next term I fear if we continue to try and get another season out of the above players as first team picks.              

Hope we can keep Fisher.  The lad is improving with every game.

I'd imagine with the managerial changes at Celtic, all loan players will return there soon so the new management team can have a chance to assess all players before making any decisions.

Maybe negotiate a new loan deal in August, which I for one wouldn't mind, but at the end of the day he's not our player so it'll be up to Celtic what happens with him next season.

Anyway, first glimpse of Doyle last night, not a bad candidate for a replacement

I assume we will lose Fisher,Bulgarian,Brown. Lcappin & Craig may be & Doyle are probably away & I would imagine we will encourage Sutton to find another club.Coulson coming in & hopefully Alston,Dow & Watson doesn't leave much room for others unless some or most of later 3 go as well.

Was at Airdrie v Dunfermline today.

Brad was pretty woeful and with 1 minute left he had a go at an Airdrie player over nothing. Had each other by the throats. Both got booked.

He's got a year left has he?

Yeah hes contracted for next season. Hes been in the papers saying TW didnt want to let him go, but he wanted to move for first team football. 

Not overly convinced I believe that, tbh, and you get the overwhelming feeling he'll be told to that he's free to leave if he can find a new club. Dunfermline fans on P&B don't seem particularly fussed by him staying or leaving, which is a worry.

I assume we will lose Fisher,Bulgarian,Brown. Lcappin & Craig may be & Doyle are probably away & I would imagine we will encourage Sutton to find another club.Coulson coming in & hopefully Alston,Dow & Watson doesn't leave much room for others unless some or most of later 3 go as 

Is the Bulgarian still here? Can't see Fisher being wanted at celtic they are looking to reduce the size of the first team squad too many players at present. 

If Liam does not sign for us I think he will be back to Falkirk.  

Players been heavily rumoured so far are Rory McKeown (Raith), Keith Watson (St Mirren), Blair Alston (Falkirk) and Ryan Dow (United). 

In the last window we made moves for Stefan Scougall and Chris Maguire, both of whom will be available in the Summer. We've also had a strong interest in Goodwillie who's free to move aswell.

I've seen St Mirren fans claiming they're interested in Lappin and Sutton, and Dunfermline fans saying they've approached Craig.

He played 90 minutes two weeks ago...

Its mentioned every few weeks, but the outgoings will surely be Fisher, Doyle, Krachunov, McKay, Brown and Sutton. And you'd imagine at least one of Lappin and Craig will be gone aswell, if not both

Yep know he played 2 weeks ago but he wasn't there on Friday which was why I asked.

Edited by mainstand

Would think TW  will want at least a couple of young guys to join first team squad.

Imagine younger players already here could fill that role. A squad like...

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark

Alan Mannus

Left backs

Brian Easton

Rory McKeown

Centre backs

Joe Shaughnessy

Steven Anderson

Tam Scobbie

Ally Gilchrist

Right backs

Dave Mackay

Keith Watson

Left mids

Danny Swanson

Michael Coulson

Centre mids

Murray Davidson

Chris Millar

Blair Alston

Right mids

David Wotherspoon

Craig Thomson

Strikers

Steven MacLean

Graham Cummins

Chris Kane

Greg Hurst

Doesn't seem a bad base. You'd obviously want another central midfielder but thats a strong squad