Player contracts and transfers

David123

I was probably more excited than most at the thought of both of them signing but having seen both of them in past month,I am not impressed.

Still think Alston would be a good signing though but I dont like being pissed about don't think Saints should either.

Alston has been fantastic this year. Falkirks best player. If you watched him against Raith last week he was playing completely out of position at right back.

Good to see Watson on board.

A month ago I would have welcomed Dow & Alston but their form recently has been poor. If they are holding out to see where their present teams end up then they are not welcome anyway. If they wanted to join us they would have signed a PCA months ago.

Why?

Unofficial Twitter suggests theres not been an offer for Dow, but he remains in TWs thoughts. While hes aware that Alston is refusing to think about next season so he can continue to focus on this season, so no deal will be agreed, either way, until Falkirks season is done.

Also says Fisher is 100% returning to Celtic next season, as the player wants to try and impress the new manager and TW would rather have players signed up than loan them.

Unofficial Twitter suggests theres not been an offer for Dow, but he remains in TWs thoughts. While hes aware that Alston is refusing to think about next season so he can continue to focus on this season, so no deal will be agreed, either way, until Falkirks season is done.

Also says Fisher is 100% returning to Celtic next season, as the player wants to try and impress the new manager and TW would rather have players signed up than loan them.

That chap gets onto the courier website quite sharpish for their tweets :) https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/165173/second-time-lucky-st-johnstone-boss-signing-keith-watson-2/

I wouldn't call Falkirk a lesser team. Say they are about the same size. Probably pay similar wages when both in the top division.

quite agree... Falkirk, Dunfy certainly our "level". Reason for the difference is we had Geoff Brown. Solidity, business sense and realism. Their respective boards lacked that. 

Edited by Melbourne Saint

Because if you prefer to stay at a lesser team then that's your choice. I am afraid in life my attitude is ,is if you don't like it **** off.

No need for that sort of abuse really. I was only asking why you think the guy "isn't welcome ".  Also when has he said he doesn't want to come to Saints?  He is purely showing loyalty to his employer by (rightly ) concentrating on playing for them while they are paying his wages.  That kind of attitude is exactly what is welcome at Saints. 

I don't see an issue with a guy focusing on finishing his contract before considering other options.

Indeed, wonder how he feels about Murray Davidson, who just a couple of years rejected any contract we offered before re-joining when nobody else offered him anything. He clearly didnt want to be here, so should we have told him to just **** off?

No need for that sort of abuse really. I was only asking why you think the guy "isn't welcome ".  Also when has he said he doesn't want to come to Saints?  He is purely showing loyalty to his employer by (rightly ) concentrating on playing for them while they are paying his wages.  That kind of attitude is exactly what is welcome at Saints. 

Sorry,was not aimed at you. Just saying that its my attitude to life . Bit strong using the f off though. Should have used the term, tough.

Faissal El Bakhtaoui anyone?

Forward who, by any stretch, has had a pretty decent season for Dunfermline and is out of contract.

Michael Coulson, Keith Watson, Ryan Dow potentially, Blair Alston potentially and Faissal?!?

Maybe only need another centre half and I think thats a decent squad.

Would love a crazy Mexican in the middle of the park though.

"SKY SOURCES understand all #DundeeUnited players who are out of contract in the summer  will not be offered new contracts. Also players who remain under contract are free to find new clubs apart from Blair Spittal, Simon Murray, Scott Fraser & Luis Maria Zwick."

Looks like Dow is now an option less for next season.

"SKY SOURCES understand all #DundeeUnited players who are out of contract in the summer  will not be offered new contracts. Also players who remain under contract are free to find new clubs apart from Blair Spittal, Simon Murray, Scott Fraser & Luis Maria Zwick."

It's a firesale...no relegation clause in the players contracts. Another example of poor board management/complacency....verging on total incompetence.

Jings!! Dire straits