St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

Last open day I remember was 2016 on the astro. Players signing stuff. Beat the goallie. That sort of thing. Off the cards this year but would be great next Summer.  Youth team play their games, train on the astro around lunchtime on a Saturday I think after the Saints in the Community kids so probably not a lot of time before the game spare. Club needs to do some proactive stuff to try get more bums on seats. The teams achievements this year should be a massive platform to build on.

23 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Glasgow (and Moray) to stay in Level 3, no doubt due to the Sevcoite idiots and their well-attended hatefests. I don’t know if that explains why there’s only 300 at the final, or means it will now go down to zero.

Down to zero I would think. Does level 3 not mean you can't travel in or out of area ?.

Edited by Cagey

4 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I don’t mean for the final, I mean I’d like to see it going forward on home match days. 

Make them an event. If you offer people more than just a game of football for their money, it makes it better value, it can be a day out, and punters will spend more. 

Could even sell food. 

+1 to this. My wee team, the San Jose Earthquakes, do this. They have a field behind one stand that opens a couple of hours before the game starts with food trucks, inflatables, mini games of football for the kids, and stalls for various vendors. Now, granted, we can have a bevvy, and hang out on the grass in the sun, but it definitely helps make matchday more of an event, especially when you have kids.

37 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Down to zero I would think. Does level 3 not mean you can't travel in or out of area ?.

Yep, talks still ongoing but can only imagine they'll scrap the 600 offer now... probably thankful we never got the amount we originally wanted (1500-2000 ?) Imagine the palaver and upset that would have caused with today's news 

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Glasgow (and Moray) to stay in Level 3, no doubt due to the Sevcoite idiots and their well-attended hatefests. I don’t know if that explains why there’s only 300 at the final, or means it will now go down to zero.

Spot on biscuits. 

The Secoite idiots behaviour had to resurface at some point.

Now no tickets being available. 

Spoilt everything the decent fan represents. 

Wait an see what happens outside Ayebroke.

47 minutes ago, chips said:

Anybody think they'll take up Aberdeens offer now if it means fans attending 

No body in their right mind would want the Scottish Cup final moved to that end of life shite hole of a stadium apart from the Dons Chairman. 

No way it’s going there. Thank god.

Edited by Ginger Bakers rebel army
Typo

35 minutes ago, ollyforsyth said:

Anyone know where the best pubs/bars/areas are to watch the game in Perth? Looking for somewhere with lots of other saints fans! From Edinburgh and don’t know the city centre very well.

cheers

You might be struggling with the social distancing limits. I’d imagine the vast majority of places showing the game are fully booked already. 

1 hour ago, ollyforsyth said:

Anyone know where the best pubs/bars/areas are to watch the game in Perth? Looking for somewhere with lots of other saints fans! From Edinburgh and don’t know the city centre very well.

cheers

Barossa Street Saints club still had spaces yesterday, have to message them on FB though.

Unsure if there's still spots.