St.Johnstone V Dundee Utd. Saturday 5th Feb

SaintJet

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I really can't see why this game would be pay at the gate when no other games this season have been. Pay at the gate is dead, I really don't think it will be back. You can't have a system where some people are booking seats online and others are paying at the gate and wandering into the stand without knowing where to sit.

@Smarmy Arab - away tickets are on sale here (I just had a look and there are still some empty seats available to purchase): https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7182/ST-JOHNSTONE-AWAY-TICKETS-NOW-ON-SALE.html 

Unless you furnish them with a ticket at the turnstile and they have to sit in that seat.

But I agree with you I think remote tickets are the way of things to come.

7 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Unless you furnish them with a ticket at the turnstile and they have to sit in that seat.

But I agree with you I think remote tickets are the way of things to come.

I guess one way of doing it would be to have a ticket booth somewhere on-site, where fans can walk up and buy a ticket and get assigned a seat number on the day of the game. But really, I don't see any reason why the vast majority of people can't just buy a ticket online in advance using the club's existing system. Pretty soon cash is going to be a thing of the past - not just at football games, but everywhere.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I really can't see why this game would be pay at the gate when no other games this season have been. Pay at the gate is dead, I really don't think it will be back. You can't have a system where some people are booking seats online and others are paying at the gate and wandering into the stand without knowing where to sit.

@Smarmy Arab - away tickets are on sale here (I just had a look and there are still some empty seats available to purchase): https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7182/ST-JOHNSTONE-AWAY-TICKETS-NOW-ON-SALE.html 

Thanks BH I did eventually find that link.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I guess one way of doing it would be to have a ticket booth somewhere on-site, where fans can walk up and buy a ticket and get assigned a seat number on the day of the game. But really, I don't see any reason why the vast majority of people can't just buy a ticket online in advance using the club's existing system. Pretty soon cash is going to be a thing of the past - not just at football games, but everywhere.

That’s ok for those of us who have the IT skills to purchase on line but there are fans of a certain vintage, and others, who cannot order on line, be it because they don’t have a smartphone, tablet etc., or because the have ‘fear’.

13 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

That’s ok for those of us who have the IT skills to purchase on line but there are fans of a certain vintage, and others, who cannot order on line, be it because they don’t have a smartphone, tablet etc., or because the have ‘fear’.

You meaning Hoodlum. :)

9 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Understand that but I'd have to wonder how many people that actually applies to at this point in time. Ticket sales for most other events have been heading this way for some time now, and if anything Scottish football has been pretty slow to embrace the change.

Saints, to their credit, do always say that anyone unable to buy a ticket online can call the ticket office for assistance.

On 2/2/2022 at 11:51 AM, Shibbydoo said:

Quite excited about a game for the first time in what feels like ages.

Definitely be tempted to put Sang in for Brown and Bair in for May.

If they are both as good as they are claimed to be that could be quite a team.

Too positive, too soon?

5-0 Saints :D

Agree i thought brown was our biggest liability against Livi... Lets all sing for Sang

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

There will be pay-at-the-gate in the East stand at gate 1 and 12.

Thanks. Quite sure there has been other games that have been pay at the gate this season. Its not about one or the other being the best way, its about choice and finding a way that allows both. Ticket only is prohibitive and the club needs every fan they can get in through the turnstiles. It allows spur of the moment decisions to go to games. It would be foolish to get rid of that.

Edited by Rob

2 hours ago, chips said:

Unfortunately no Bair in today's line up as still waiting for international clearance (always seems we are lagging behind others with this issue) but a good chance we'll see Sang on the pitch at some point today 

Don't know the idiosyncrasies but celtic seem to just sign all the Japanese players and they go right into their team, maybe to do with caps at international level but certainly we seem to be last in the queue!

Edited by crieffsaintandy

31 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Don't know the idiosyncrasies but celtic seem to just sign all the Japanese players and they go right into their team, maybe to do with caps at international level but certainly we seem to be last in the queue!

Is international clearance not more to do with the registration paperwork transfer from one national organisation to the next? Assuming the work permit would be sorted already.