The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Vertainen couldn't have played for us after his loan spell, he is technically a Linfield player until the transfer window opens.

I do think he'll want to leave though.

The Courier was hinting MOH might leave this Summer.

Ah yes, I didn’t think of that. Even if he could, I don’t think he would’ve played though. He seems to have disappeared since the end if the loan spell. Has he gone back to Finland to be with family perhaps? Yes, I could see MOH leaving.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Would we let him go for for free or would we be looking for a fee?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are several out-of-contract players who we'd allow to move on for free if they can find other clubs. 

Eetu is someone I'd really like to see more of, but there's no point in him hanging around if the manager doesn't want him. I'd also like to see MOH stick around as his pace still gives us something different (especially if Middleton doesn't come back). Bair I'm more meh about.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I do think the shite league comes into the equation Kerr went there last season as a Double cup winning captain

Although Kerr will be playing in English Championship next season.

9 minutes ago, GMac said:

McAlease? Looked decent. 

McAleer is on loan and I think Caley fans were more surprised about his 2 goals than he was but if we could be guaranteed he would score free kicks like that he would be worth signing.

1 minute ago, Linky said:

Do we get any extra money due to the promotion?

I don't know how these things work but seems unlikely. His value will have gone up though and so when he moves then I imagine we might get something.

So as it stands looking at only those signed for next season onwards we currently looking like this....

Sinclair

Cleary Gordon Mahon

Brown MacPherson Hallberg Gallacher

Wotherspoon Kane May

Subs

Gilmour (Expect him to leave)

Ferguson (loan if not expected to push starting 11)

O'Halloran (Expect him to leave)

Vertainen (Jury is out)

Wills (loan if another keeper is signed)

Booth

Crawford

Ballantyne (loan if not expected to push starting 11)

Kucheriavyi (loan if not expected to push starting 11)

Bair (A good pre season could be the making of him)

6 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Rooney departure confirmed - off to Fleetwood Town

Good luck to him. Big hand in winning us two trophies. Could also be said he was missed for a good bit of season and his return contributed to us staying up.

The game needs characters and Roons is certainly one . He will be missed.

Liked big Rooney, the 2 times I saw Saints last season he caught the eye, classic cult hero. With 10 Roons you would win 6-0 one week and lose 6-0 the next! 

Not at all surprising that SB would take him south, big powerful runners are the minimum requirement in those leagues. 

3 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Austin Samuels, flying winger, showed up well even though he was in Brown’s pocket for much of the second leg.

He's awful, don't fall into the trap of thinking he's good because he's quick, every time he beat someone it was because he'd ran into them and got lucky with the break of the ball.

35 minutes ago, Linky said:

Tom Sang would be an ok replacement. I think he wasn’t able to get up to speed, but  did reasonably well in his time. I really like Brown, he works hard and gives his all but is better as a backup.

We couldn't afford to sign Sang, he's got another year left on his Cardiff contract.

6 minutes ago, south inch said:

Would Shagger be interested in a return for a year to replace Zander?  Would mean an 80% + salary cut.

No.

54 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Liked big Rooney, the 2 times I saw Saints last season he caught the eye, classic cult hero. With 10 Roons you would win 6-0 one week and lose 6-0 the next! 

Not at all surprising that SB would take him south, big powerful runners are the minimum requirement in those leagues. 

I would take that rather than 0-0 or 0-1 most weeks.