Thoughts on Season Ahead?

Radford 72

1 minute ago, Linky said:

Really looking forward to seeing how many excuses Davidson can give for losses this season, before signing 8 journeymen 30+ players from England in the January window because we're bottom of the table.

Can’t blame Europe this time, maybe it’s down to the heat in Spain

I agree with Murray Davidson that we must sort out our yellow and red cards. We seem to pick them up far too often for stupid things where the player should know better ie kicking the ball away arguing with the ref etc.

We need better as its going to be difficult enough.

I honestly have zero expectations or excitement in the team bar Max.Couple that with Davidsons inept grasp of tactics and the inept running of the club I really am not looking forward to the start of the season which is polar opposite to the start of last year's season

Edited by saintee in exile

2 hours ago, saintee in exile said:

I honestly have zero expectations or excitement in the team bar Max.Couple that with Davidsons inept grasp of tactics and the inept running of the club I really am not looking forward to the start of the season which is polar opposite to the start of last year's season

My feelings too. We have lost genuine quality over 12 months and replaced it with mediocre journeyman punted  cleverly by email via agents. This squad simply cannot compete with Celtic, Sevco,  Dundee Utd, Hearts, Motherwell etc etc. It's a real worry. Concede 6 against Inverness, 2 at home against Cove and cannae create anything at home against a 4th tier team. 

Then there's the pitch....Aaghhhh!!!!

Keep it tight with a seasoned back line and keeper. Big hoofs down the uneven, lumpy pitch to a 6' 4 bull of a Canadian.... How's that for a premiership home advantage? Pitch by design. 

I mean our alternative is another desperate scramble for overpaid journeymen to fill gaps, like a striker, we knew of months ago. Surely we won't be doing that again.....

13 hours ago, akuram said:

I agree with Murray Davidson that we must sort out our yellow and red cards. We seem to pick them up far too often for stupid things where the player should know better ie kicking the ball away arguing with the ref etc.

We need better as its going to be difficult enough.

This was an issue last season too. Our discipline is rubbish and we pick up bookings for silly things like getting drawn into fights and moaning at refs (although the departures of Rooney and Craig might have helped with that one a bit!). But to me, these are signs of frustration from the players.

Have to say, there's always been a mix of glass-half-full and glass-half-empty types on the various forums, but I can't remember there ever being a pre-season where the general mood felt as negative as it seems to be right now. 

Better start clapping as I will be accused of being happy clapper what ever the feck that is

I'm not as doom and Randoom as some to me the form after Kelty was decent and if we had played like that all season we wouldn't be near play offs

I am liking the signing of Murphy and Carey and not concerned about Considine 

Wright will do us a turn and Gallagher looked to be coming on to a game before he got injured 

We actually have the making of a really good young team with Max and Ballantyne about to break through 

We all know that we need to add in the striker department and if that can be added too we will be fine

The challenges will come v the Motherwell, St.Mirren etc ,and we can assume the Top 3  will be Celtic Rangers Hearts so battle for 9 places which will be very tight 

No one will be cast aside at the bottom I imagine so a good start for a change will help 

COYS

14 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Better start clapping as I will be accused of being happy clapper what ever the feck that is

I'm not as doom and Randoom as some to me the form after Kelty was decent and if we had played like that all season we wouldn't be near play offs

Wright will do us a turn and Gallagher looked to be coming on to a game before he got injured 

We actually have the making of a really good young team with Max and Ballantyne about to break through 

We all know that we need to add in the striker department and if that can be added too we will be fine

The challenges will come v the Motherwell, St.Mirren etc ,and we can assume the Top 3  will be Celtic Rangers Hearts so battle for 9 places which will be very tight 

No one will be cast aside at the bottom I imagine so a good start for a change will help 

COYS

I'll be over for the Hibs game opener. No doubt the systemic optimism that's in my DNA will bubble up as we get to this game. But lord it feels shit right now and I can't clear my head that we have to get Davidson out. It's dragging down any positive vibes. I'll try and kick out my funk. Appreciate your more optimistic post! 

17 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

COYS

Agree with a lot of that but it doesn't address the major problem. We have a cluless manager.

16 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Is Ballantyne really all that close to breaking through? I'd have expected him to be more involved in the friendlies/cup games if he was. I'm also a bit sceptical as to whether Max will still be in the starting line-up by the time we get to the first league games (as I mentioned in the Annan thread, I thought Davidson looked unhappy with him during that game and I reckon he'll be dropped to the bench tomorrow).

I think Davidson's fear of mistakes makes it very, very difficult for young players to break through into his plans (which is what we're seeing with Sinclair at the moment).

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Agree with a lot of that but it doesn't address the major problem. We have a cluless manager.

I don't quite agree that a manager that Can win 2 cups is clueless, on the other hand in difficult circumstances  led us into and through the play offs

I'm on the fence and will give him till Christmas  at least.