New poll: The Manager

blueheaven

Should Callum Davidson be replaced?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, McCarry One Nil said:

The absolute shyte on here gets worse every day, same 10-12 folk with their agendas and a few sheep that follow.

Majority of the support are not with you, most decent folk left WAP over the years due to the rubbish posted on here.

Good luck the good guys including Mainstand & The Lark but WAP has become a shytefest an I'm ooooooot.

Are you Robert Thomson, Eric Nicolson or Callum Davidson? Let us know which one of those is your name so we can address you properly.

In a statement issued by St Johnstone, Head Groundsman, Chris Smith, suggested that manager Callum Davidson’s immediate future is secure. Describing maintenance work recently carried out on the club’s McDiarmid Park pitch, Smith said, “It’s coming along really nicely which means by winter there will be a good surface for Callum and the boys to be training on.”

48 minutes ago, andrew said:

In a statement issued by St Johnstone, Head Groundsman, Chris Smith, suggested that manager Callum Davidson’s immediate future is secure. Describing maintenance work recently carried out on the club’s McDiarmid Park pitch, Smith said, “It’s coming along really nicely which means by winter there will be a good surface for Callum and the boys to be training on.”

He must be talking about the training pitch as they don't train on the main pitch.

2 hours ago, McCarry One Nil said:

The absolute shyte on here gets worse every day, same 10-12 folk with their agendas and a few sheep that follow.

Majority of the support are not with you, most decent folk left WAP over the years due to the rubbish posted on here.

Good luck the good guys including Mainstand & The Lark but WAP has become a shytefest an I'm ooooooot.

Chin up see ye at the games pal.

3 hours ago, McCarry One Nil said:

Really?? Gutted I missed the scintillating chat that happened on WAP these years ago.

I love that idea that anyone would think WAP is where people come for informed, intellectual discourse.

It is a fans forum. Nothing more. Nothing less.

4 hours ago, McCarry One Nil said:

Lark and Mainstand are undecided. That's how bad it is when Davidson happy clappers are no longer happy clappers.

21 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Yep this season so far going great, last season total success after where we were at the beginning of the season, total shitfest of games so far, squad is a mess as the mesiah can't spot a player, but just accept it Callum won two cups and that's as good as gets chaps, fcuk me we are not going to win the league, top six is a bonus, but how dare people have a opinion when it so bloody obvious it's a total fcuking shambles, last seasons a total shitfest and bored the fcuk out of me with this brand of football you seem to think is acceptable, is this where we should be as a club? accepting mediocrity and falling down the leagues to our rightful place, what's wrong with aspiring to be better than our budget/fan base like we have done for the last 15 years or so, but jeezo Davidson couldn't manage a raffle and he's the guy you and your named sidekicks want!! Been on here for years, been to games for over 40 years seen the good bad indifferent, but be careful for what you wish for this guy is destroying all the hard work that has went into the team over the last few years and you have to question where brown is in all this as the silence is deafening. But its sad that it appears if you have an opinion different to the chosen few superfans who think accepting it through shit and muck and all pish that is the way forward, I follow the team as much as you guys but I can see the bigger picture and it's no good what I'm looking at it at the present time!!

Spot on! And the way the majority of Saints fans are feeling despite what a previous poster said.

The fans on here, Facebook and Twitter have all voted overwhelming to get rid of Callum. And it's the general consensus on P&B too. So it's not a WAP thing, it's the majority of fans.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

Lark and Mainstand are undecided. That's how bad it is when Davidson happy clappers are no longer happy clappers.

Do you really ever post anything that is not negative. :roll: Someone that disagrees with you is a happy clapper wow!!!

I put undecided as I am not convinced that changing and causing more unrest is going to gain anything at this point in the season. Yes on Saturday I said maybe it is time but lets wait and see. I do think some of the posts on this site at present are poor and the comments about Callum are school boys stuff.

I am trying to think of anything that has come out of the Club in the past 6 months that has not been ridiculed or shredded on here.  

4 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Mainstand laid out his cards saying he thinks change is needed.

I voted undecided cause i could not think of anyone that we could get and didnt know whether at this point in the season it would be helpful to change but yes i did say based on Saturday there was a need for change just not sure now is the time though. Hopefully over the next few weeks results will prove me wrong. 

If you look at Premiership teams in the league cup they are hardly setting the heather on fire

HIBS almost certainly out

ST MIRREN  already out

LIVI look able to secure second place spot

KILLIE look at best to get a second place spot

SAINTS almost certainly out

ABERDEEN top of group

St Mirren and Hibs lost to second division teams in 90 minutes

Edited by mainstand

16 hours ago, McCarry One Nil said:

Majority of the support are not with you

Love when someone claims to somehow mysteriously have access to a bigger sample size of fan opinion than the hundreds who post on online forums and vote in these polls. If you have some hidden way of knowing what the "majority" feel, why not tell us what it is?

Personally I don't know a single Saints fan who still wants Davidson in the job.

15 hours ago, rik2304 said:

100% this guy reckons we've over achieved so long it had to end some day and we'll find our natural level in the championship. Plus it was MUCH worse in the 80s.

Yep, and not only was it worse in the '80s, but for some reason that means we should all be fine with going back there.

You'd think the people who'd experienced the worst times would be the ones most eager to avoid returning to them, but apparently not.

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

I voted undecided cause i could not think of anyone that we could get

Sorry, I know you've posted other reasons too, but I've pulled out the above because I see this a lot and it's just such a poor reason not to make a change. The Saints job is one of the most appealing jobs in Scottish football and the club would be inundated with applications if it became available. On top of that, Steve Brown has said in the past that at any given time the club knows who they would want to go for if they needed a new manager, so I think we have to assume that is still the case.

Sticking with a failing situation because you're unsure of what would come next is a really, really poor strategy. We don't know if a new manager would be a success - you can never know that. But what we do know is that we already have a manager who is doing badly, and making things worse. We're not going to learn anything by waiting and seeing. All that will happen is we'll lose vital ground on our rivals and inflict further long-term damage that is going to be harder for the next manager to turn around. Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and be proactive. The club desperately needs a clean break and a fresh approach.

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

I am trying to think of anything that has come out of the Club in the past 6 months that has not been ridiculed or shredded on here.  

I don’t disagree, but doesn’t that just show the frustration of the fans? Things have been so badly managed across the club since we went out of Europe: transfers, kits, pitch, etc. Not to mention results.

In the past I’ve always been positive. I always spoke against sacking Tommy when others were pushing for it. I tend to give a player the benefit of the doubt even if I’m not sure of the signing.

The problem is, I’ve lost trust in Davidson. I don’t think he knows what he’s doing. He signs players then chucks them for not being good enough. Rather than being excited when we might be signing a player I think ‘oh no, who is it now, what more damage will he leave for the next manager’.

6 minutes ago, dave mc said:

It’s all very well wanting Callum gone, but the negativity goes onto  the players very early on in games too, so they’re playing with a fear that isn’t good, we should all be backing the 11 on the park as much as we did last  season when it was needed 

There comes a tipping point though Dave and I think that point has been reached. Last season our fans were outstanding and rallied behind the club as a whole. I think most people were willing to give the manager the benefit of the doubt and see if he could come up with some good signings and perhaps change our style of play over the summer, however, we are now out of the cup and have struggled in all games against lower league opposition and have glaring flaws in our squad.

Its only natural that the peoples patience is wearing thin now. 

24 minutes ago, dave mc said:

It’s all very well wanting Callum gone, but the negativity goes onto  the players very early on in games too, so they’re playing with a fear that isn’t good, we should all be backing the 11 on the park as much as we did last  season when it was needed 

The negativity comes from the set up and the managers instructions not from the stands or the forums

9 minutes ago, dave mc said:

I understand Aitchy, but the players still deserve our backing on the park, we’re all Saints supporters, not CD supporters, the fans turned on the players very quickly at Dumfries, which isn’t constructive at all. 

It’s the only way to orchestrate change.

Either vocally at games or by not attending and voting with your wallet (which is my choice right now). 

Said for 6 months now, the FCU saved his bacon last year. Remove them from the East and I think the atmosphere would have been very different with what we were being served up.

We can all see the glaring holes. No defensive mid, no keeper, need a striker yet here we signing another OAP defender. 

That makes Considine, Gordon, Cleary, Mahon and McGowan vying for the same spots. You could throw Brown on to that list too. 

The lack of plan and direction is staggering.