Scottish cup 2022/23

Cagey

Season ticket for years .but the thought of 3 stands full of them again bring there vile disgusting bigotry (they try hard away from home cause they get away with it) is there going to extra security for the food kiosks staff could go on and on but Totally disgusted by St Johnstone directors for letting this happenĀ 

I could take it with 3 stands if it was perhaps a 12-30 start , but 5-30 ? Ā 5 n half hours of this inbreed lot sitting drinking , pissing all round letham , broken buckey bottles everywhere , Beware Saintees , donā€™t look as if you have had a wee social pint before the game as if the polis smell a wee bit beer then you may not get in . FFS can you imagine that when ( oops if any go Ā ) saints fans leave the main stand at the end you will be surrounded on all sides by that lot. A totally recipe for disaster and trouble !!!! Ā Hang your head in shame withĀ Ā greed saints just when the fans were getting back behind the club after a crap last season !!! Ā I can imagine the Court on Monday 23rd . Ā ā€œ sorry your honour but when I normally leave McD against the OF I usually walk up the side of the fence and out the top gate but I had to walk past scum and they didnā€™t like getting beat so they started to hit Saintees and we only retaliated ā€œ . Ā No way Hozey am I going !!!!

21 hours ago, MrBored said:

Ā  From a financial point of view I can understand the ticket allocation assuming you think we are already out.

Otherwise....dont understand the thinking at all. Give the opposition three quarters of the stadium? Why not give them a goal start as well....almost sounds like we have thrown in the towel before it kicks off and have gone for the dosh instead.....disappointing....that's before you think about the pricing....

I think you have summed up the Board's thinking very well.

I see the ticket sales for the 3 stands will be handled by Sevco.Ā  I hope we have that arrangement sewn up well as that means they will be handling the bulk of the match proceeds. Otherwise, given Sevco's reputation, I can see problems agreeing the split not to mention putting Ā us inĀ a weak position if Attila's pals cause damage.

22 hours ago, Cagey said:

What a defeatist attitude. We already beat them . If we do it again we might get a real moneyspinner at Parkhesd or maybe even go on few other rounds.

As for the crowd there can't be that much more money in giving them all 3 stands and what we usually give them in both stands behind the goal and half the main.

Totally unnecessary upsetting of loyal fans and looks like they are saying **** the fans.

Can't see any fans groups agreeing with this kick in the teeth.

It's not defeatest.Ā 

It's a SUPERB hedge by the club.Ā 

The financial benefit to saints from this crass decision will be very little.Ā 

Rangers would have received 1,000 tickets in the main stand, giving them the East instead gives them an extra 2,000.

From that 2,000 on the crowd now deduct the saints fans that will not now attend and the 2,000 probably becomes 1,000 extra on the attendance.Ā 

Average ticket price Ā£25 times 1,000 = Ā£25,000. Deduct additional stewarding and policing costs and Ā£25,000 becomes Ā£22,000

That's Ā£11,000 to each club which is off course taxable income.

So for the sake of a few thousand pounds some idiot decision making process has damaged club/fan relations.

With even 1,000 or 1,200 saints fans in the East any chance of winning the tie and the East would be the 12th man, that has been gifted to Rangers for a few quid.

This will be talked about for years. stupid decision from saints that has not been thought through.Ā 

It feels like the club just couldnā€™t wait for an excuse to go back to this nonsense of giving the ground away.

I thought we d seen the end of it due to amount of season tickets we now had in East Stand but it no, first chance they get, back it comes along with ridiculous pricing.

Im getting annoyed seeing folk make excuses as well, maybe the police had a say, Rangers bullied them, I donā€™t believe any of that. Itā€™s out Home game, we would have the bulk of the say, Rangers canā€™t make us increase prices. My understanding is it would go to the home teams normal league prices if the teams canā€™t agree. Itā€™s our club who has chose to do this.

I donā€™t think I ll have missed being at a Scottish Cup match, home or away in the last 30Ā plus years, If I have I canā€™t think what it was other than the ones during Covid. I really want to go to this one as well, I canā€™t claim I canā€™t afford Ā£30 cos I can.

At the minute though, I donā€™t think I ll go, thereā€™s no other protest we can make really. I m not convinced emailing our displeasure will make any difference. There will be a series of phone calls made to some fans in an attempt to justify their position but thatā€™s it. Then because the Saints support is low on the night ( which they ve caused) it will be claimed the decision was correct.

I donā€™t think they ve thought it all through, where in the main stand are they going to allow standing for example, itā€™s a sort of unwritten rule that standing will be allowed towards the score board end of the main stand. Where will this section be in the Main stand or will it be a free for all with folk standing in front of people wanting to sit ?

I ve asked before why the clubsĀ canā€™t come out and say where standing will be tolerated and where it wonā€™t, particularly at away games, it would be so much easier if people could buy a ticket knowing the expectation of the area they were in. I was told that as standing isnā€™t permitted anywhere they canā€™t do that though. If they canā€™t do that, how do they communicate for this game or like I said, will it be a free for all.

Ā 

Ā 

Could have been a full house if we had been allocated the Ormond stand andĀ maximum Ā£25 per ticket .

We could have generated an atmosphere that way and we would have been able to better support our defence and attack for 45 mins each.

Decent chance of a full house and much safer all being together at one end.

On 12/31/2022 at 12:16 PM, blueheaven said:

Incidentally, the club can also f**k right off with this "talks have been held with some of our supporters groups to explain" bollocks. Explain it toĀ all of your fans. That's the whole point of having social media and a website. At least pay us the courtesy of communicating properly with us while you're trying to overcharge us.

They also have contact details for all season ticket holders with most including e-mail address so could have surveyed all to get an indication of fans opinion.Ā  Would these figures be massaged to suit their desired preference is another point to be debated though!!!

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

They also have contact details for all season ticket holders with most including e-mail address so could have surveyed all to get an indication of fans opinion.Ā  Would these figures be massaged to suit their desired preference is another point to be debated though!!!

I don't think a survey was ever going to happen, as the club would never get the outcome they wanted.

This game was always going to have a pretty small home support, when you consider that a lot of season ticket holders don't even turn up for home leagueĀ games against the OF. When we beat Rangers a few weeks back there were noticeably big gaps in the stands, in areas normally filled by regulars.

Only way we'd have got any sort of decent home support for this one would be by thinking up some seriously imaginative pricing ideas/incentives, and obviously that's difficult when it's a cup game and the opposition has to agree.

But for me it's the price that's unacceptable. If we, as fans, don't doĀ something about this now,Ā these Ā£30 ticket prices are very quickly going to become the norm. It actually amazes me, when you look at rising ticket prices UK-wide, that there has never been any sort of co-ordinated football fan strike. Fans all working together and singing from the same hymn sheet is the only hope there will ever be of getting clubs to actually listen.

Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, Strawman said:

It feels like the club just couldnā€™t wait for an excuse to go back to this nonsense of giving the ground away.

I thought we d seen the end of it due to amount of season tickets we now had in East Stand but it no, first chance they get, back it comes along with ridiculous pricing.

Im getting annoyed seeing folk make excuses as well, maybe the police had a say, Rangers bullied them, I donā€™t believe any of that. Itā€™s out Home game, we would have the bulk of the say, Rangers canā€™t make us increase prices. My understanding is it would go to the home teams normal league prices if the teams canā€™t agree. Itā€™s our club who has chose to do this.

I donā€™t think I ll have missed being at a Scottish Cup match, home or away in the last 30Ā plus years, If I have I canā€™t think what it was other than the ones during Covid. I really want to go to this one as well, I canā€™t claim I canā€™t afford Ā£30 cos I can.

At the minute though, I donā€™t think I ll go, thereā€™s no other protest we can make really. I m not convinced emailing our displeasure will make any difference. There will be a series of phone calls made to some fans in an attempt to justify their position but thatā€™s it. Then because the Saints support is low on the night ( which they ve caused) it will be claimed the decision was correct.

I donā€™t think they ve thought it all through, where in the main stand are they going to allow standing for example, itā€™s a sort of unwritten rule that standing will be allowed towards the score board end of the main stand. Where will this section be in the Main stand or will it be a free for all with folk standing in front of people wanting to sit ?

I ve asked before why the clubsĀ canā€™t come out and say where standing will be tolerated and where it wonā€™t, particularly at away games, it would be so much easier if people could buy a ticket knowing the expectation of the area they were in. I was told that as standing isnā€™t permitted anywhere they canā€™t do that though. If they canā€™t do that, how do they communicate for this game or like I said, will it be a free for all.

Ā 

Ā 

Will be funny watching Rangers fans stand in 3 stands whilst Saints fans are warned about standing in Main stand.

8 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

The financial benefit to saints from this crass decision will be very little.Ā 

Rangers would have received 1,000 tickets in the main stand, giving them the East instead gives them an extra 2,000.

From that 2,000 on the crowd now deduct the saints fans that will not now attend and the 2,000 probably becomes 1,000 extra on the attendance.Ā 

Average ticket price Ā£25 times 1,000 = Ā£25,000. Deduct additional stewarding and policing costs and Ā£25,000 becomes Ā£22,000

That's Ā£11,000 to each club which is off course taxable income.

So for the sake of a few thousand pounds some idiot decision making process has damaged club/fan relations.

With even 1,000 or 1,200 saints fans in the East any chance of winning the tie and the East would be the 12th man, that has been gifted to Rangers for a few quid.

This will be talked about for years. stupid decision from saints that has not been thought through.Ā 

This is solutionism.

And fans don't win matches - the players on the pitch do that.

Get a grip - the club needs as much money as it can get - we are in recession - Ā and this is a tie where season tickets are not valid v one of the ugly sisters. It's not that attractive to home fans OR away fans, they just happen to have a huge support and can still fill our stadium. So EVEN for a few thousand a business would be flagrant NOT to stick its hand out and take that money.Ā Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I don't think a survey was ever going to happen, as the club would never get the outcome they wanted.

This game was always going to have a pretty small home support, when you consider that a lot of season ticket holders don't even turn up for home leagueĀ games against the OF. When we beat Rangers a few weeks back there were noticeably big gaps in the stands, in areas normally filled by regulars.

Only way we'd have got any sort of decent home support for this one would be by thinking up some seriously imaginative pricing ideas/incentives, and obviously that's difficult when it's a cup game and the opposition has to agree.

But for me it's the price that's unacceptable. If we, as fans, don't doĀ something about this now,Ā these Ā£30 ticket prices are very quickly going to become the norm. It actually amazes me, when you look at rising ticket prices UK-wide, that there has never been any sort of co-ordinated football fan strike. Fans all working together and singing from the same hymn sheet is the only hope there will ever be of getting clubs to actually listen.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā£30 is not that much when you consider supermarkets are putting alarms on tubs of Lurpak!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, MySpazz said:

This is solutionism.

And fans don't win matches - the players on the pitch do that.

Get a grip - the club needs as much money as it can get - we are in recession - Ā and this is a tie where season tickets are not valid v one of the ugly sisters. It's not that attractive to home fans OR away fans, they just happen to have a huge support and can still fill our stadium. So EVEN for a few thousand a business would be flagrant NOT to stick its hand out and take that money.Ā Ā 

Ā 

We are in recession and our club are ripping us off .NICE.