Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

Saw we've sent Liam Parker out on loan to Civil Service Strollers. I really have to wonder how much benefit there is in a Premiership club sending players to such a low level. This is a 19-year-old who has appeared for our first team and yet he's dropping down five divisions for a whole year. We have quite a few other players at a similar level, too. Even Alistair Stevenson said at the recent fans' forum that he's not a fan of these sorts of loans.

Are we struggling to get clubs higher up the leagues to take our players on loan these days? I struggle to see any player coming back from a year in non-league and being anywhere closer to our first team than they were when they left. Isn't the jump just way too big?

We have 2 players in League 1.

Taylor Steven at Alloa , Alex Ferguson at QoS.

The rest are all in Lowland league.

Craig Hepburn ,Cowdenbeith

Jackson Mylchreest , Tranent

Liam Parker, CSS.

Ben McCrystal , Broomhill

Scott Bright , Jo Ellison and Bayley Kilmionek at Berwick.

I think those are correct and don't think there are any more.

Don't think many of them are getting regular game time.

With the amount of players loaned out to Lowland League ,Saints would be as well playing a B team in Lowland league.

On 10/13/2023 at 7:55 PM, Cagey said:

We have 2 players in League 1.

Taylor Steven at Alloa , Alex Ferguson at QoS.

The rest are all in Lowland league.

Craig Hepburn ,Cowdenbeith

Jackson Mylchreest , Tranent

Liam Parker, CSS.

Ben McCrystal , Broomhill

Scott Bright , Jo Ellison and Bayley Kilmionek at Berwick.

I think those are correct and don't think there are any more.

Don't think many of them are getting regular game time.

With the amount of players loaned out to Lowland League ,Saints would be as well playing a B team in Lowland league.

Can’t speak for them all, but Taylor Steven had started every game for Alloa he’s been there. Ferguson is sporadically in and out of a struggling QotS team. 

Was at the CSS versus Broomhill game yesterday where Parker made his debit having just join and Ben McCrystal was injured for Broomhill and didn’t play. In terms of technique and ability to pace and control a ball with pace, Parker was probably a level above the others on the pitch, but physically he looked like a kid and got bullied for most of the game. Mind you he was playing next to Conrad Balatoni who also struggled at times. It’s not a great level, but I think it’ll do Parker good, if he’s going to make it in professional football though he needs to bulk up and become more dominate, especially with his size. 

• 2 weeks later...

Really hope Saints are at some point talking to Sven Sprangler about who the players are he knows from Austria who might be in a similar situation to him - maybe guys looking for a fresh start and up for playing abroad - who we could look at bringing over here. Got to be worth investigating, surely?

26 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Really hope Saints are at some point talking to Sven Sprangler about who the players are he knows from Austria who might be in a similar situation to him - maybe guys looking for a fresh start and up for playing abroad - who we could look at bringing over here. Got to be worth investigating, surely?

Has to be worth investigating

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

6 hours ago, GMac said:

Has to be worth investigating

I’d prefer we added another year to his contract first, absolute gem of a find!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz