Hibernian V St.Johnstone - Saturday 6th April

SaintJet

21 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Don’t choke on your crow pie!

It’s funny how the happy clappers never eat humble pie when things don’t go so well.

Great win, but it doesn’t change the fact this team needs to be stripped and rebuilt. I’m not going to sit here and say I’ll be buzzing with the same starting eleven next Saturday.

Sidibeh is a real hope for us, let’s hope the excitement isn’t coached out of him. 

Edited by The Kinross Saint

The result was always going to be the most important thing today, and we got it.

Huge win!

Especially at an away venue against a team who were supposedly on the rise, and with nobody expecting us to get anything.

Sidibeh is some boy. I think he makes the whole team better because now they know that they have a teammate on the park who has pace, is a threat and can score.

Mitov, back to his excellent self.

In fact, the whole side did their jobs well and that's all you can ask at a time like this.

It's been a while since I cheered a goal like I did our second.

Anyway, we won. So for now, that'll do.

It's nice to feel good on a Saturday night again.

Huge 3 points. I was sure we would be second bottom tonight so great feeling .

Sidibeh is some find. Hopefully whoever scouted him can find some more like him. His pace will trouble most teams , if only we had a midfielder who could find a pass.

1 minute ago, belfastsaintee said:

I know there is a lot of negativity around but there is no one on here after 10 games that wouldn’t have taken pre the split to be a sh1tload of points ahead of 12th and 4 above 11th. Great result today. 

Yep. We looked absolutely done under Macca.

4 points clear of County and their last game before the split is against Rangers. Bit of a free hit for us against Kilmarnock next week as I don't see Rangers dropping points in that one. 

Massive win. Mitov pulled out some excellent saves in the second half and Sidibeh was terrific too. That goal against Dundee has done his confidence the world of good as he looks a real threat in front of goal and a general nuisance in the build up. 

41 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Huge 3 points. I was sure we would be second bottom tonight so great feeling .

Sidibeh is some find. Hopefully whoever scouted him can find some more like him. His pace will trouble most teams , if only we had a midfielder who could find a pass.

you forgot the excellent pass from Matt Smith for the first goal.....

Whilst nothing in Scottish football is certain we really have to go for it next Saturday. We’ve got Killie at home whilst County host Rangers on the Sunday. Not sure if we’ve won two on the bounce this season, in fact I don’t think we have, but if we could, what a great opportunity to increase the gap over County to 7 before the split.

34 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

Not sure if we’ve won two on the bounce this season, in fact I don’t think we have, but if we could, what a great opportunity to increase the gap over County to 7 before the split.

October 2022 the last time we won in consecutive games. Actually won three in a row that occasion. Heady days. 

Due to the absence of Gordon, Dan Phillips was Captain and we won. He was not booked either. In other games, when taking the armband, have we been victorious and  has he been cautioned, as he appears to thrive on the responsibility?

We appear more cohesive with him doing the job. Gordon might also return to the decent player he was prior to being made captain.

If he has signed a PCA elsewhere, would Phillips really be given the job to do, because Management would be aware that he was offski, or am I being naive?

Edited by Saintdunc

5 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

I know there is a lot of negativity around but there is no one on here after 10 games that wouldn’t have taken pre the split to be a sh1tload of points ahead of 12th and 4 above 11th. Great result today. 

I think that is easy forgotten by those that are clearly not CL fans. We would of been dead and buried by now, had we not changed manager. As it stands, he is doing what he has been brought in to do. Get us out of the bottom two and stay in the top league. The transfer window has also seen us sign an absolute gem, that could well be the difference between us staying up or not.

I don't agree with all of the managers decisions, but we are certainly in a better place now and the previous window has been a success to me.

Great 3 points today. A draw next weekend as a minimum (on top of a County defeat) and we are in a strong position come the split.

32 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

I think that is easy forgotten by those that are clearly not CL fans. We would of been dead and buried by now, had we not changed manager. As it stands, he is doing what he has been brought in to do. Get us out of the bottom two and stay in the top league. The transfer window has also seen us sign an absolute gem, that could well be the difference between us staying up or not.

I don't agree with all of the managers decisions, but we are certainly in a better place now and the previous window has been a success to me.

Great 3 points today. A draw next weekend as a minimum (on top of a County defeat) and we are in a strong position come the split.

Win a game he’s a hero. Lose a couple of games people want him sacked. Just the way it is these days.