McInnes

Superjack

I am sure someone warned the City fans last season - but hey ho.

Yes i remember reading their forums where certain Saintees had joined up,some were praising Mcinnes others were not so kind.One thing put strongly across was his lack of ability when choosing the right moments for substitutions and tactical changes.Another concern was his knowledge of the game down there (a lot had changed since his time in England) also what kind of players could he bring to the team.It seems now their concerns were justified.

Edited by chips

• 2 weeks later...

Could be a tough day at the office for Del today. Away to Middlesbrough who sit 3rd. Bottom plays 3rd bottom and a draw would see Bristol City hit bottom again should they lose. With both the 4rth and 5th bottom sides at home, a gap could open up leaving City and the other sides in the drop zone a tad exposed.

Aye well, looking at both him and his predecessor at our club, maybe the English clubs should do more than just look at St Johnstone's position in the league before deciding the incumbent must be a decent manager. i.e. Just let one of them prove their worth by winning something for us and maybe just maybe they will then be getting the right man for the job. And at the same time leave us with some continuity. Nae sympathy.

I think that is up to May '12 so would include the likes of James etc and paying off the old manager. Still stupid wages.

They are quite lucky there isn't a huge gap between themselves and safety...reckon they will be lucky to survive this season and McInnes will be lucky to see the end of Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

When I started this thread last season I could not see any way that DM could keep us up.

I was absolutely delighted to eat humble pie when we somehow escaped relegation, and I like most City fans thought that the worst was over. Once Del had a summer to shape his own squad we would surely be comfortably mid-table.

Unfortunately, it would seem that last season's Houdini act was little more than a fluke. Not only are we firmly entrenched in a desperate battle for survival already this season, but the team has no shape, organisation or discipline, and individuals seem to have completely forgotten how to perform even the most fundamental basics of their roles that were second nature even in the less than light days of Keith Millen's reign. This, coupled with DM's obsession with employing his transfer kitty on un-necessary strikers and ignoring gaping holes in midfield and defence has alerted a majority of the Ashton Gate faithful to the managers at best naivety and at worst incompetence.

I have been proved wrong once on this thread. Sad to say history will not repeat itself. McInnes MUST go, or we will not only be in League One, but staring down the barrel of the basement division.

When I started this thread last season I could not see any way that DM could keep us up.

I was absolutely delighted to eat humble pie when we somehow escaped relegation, and I like most City fans thought that the worst was over. Once Del had a summer to shape his own squad we would surely be comfortably mid-table.

Unfortunately, it would seem that last season's Houdini act was little more than a fluke. Not only are we firmly entrenched in a desperate battle for survival already this season, but the team has no shape, organisation or discipline, and individuals seem to have completely forgotten how to perform even the most fundamental basics of their roles that were second nature even in the less than light days of Keith Millen's reign. This, coupled with DM's obsession with employing his transfer kitty on un-necessary strikers and ignoring gaping holes in midfield and defence has alerted a majority of the Ashton Gate faithful to the managers at best naivety and at worst incompetence.

I have been proved wrong once on this thread. Sad to say history will not repeat itself. McInnes MUST go, or we will not only be in League One, but staring down the barrel of the basement division.

why should we care as you took our manager and jody morris ha ha

hope you get bristol rovers ex manager

• 2 weeks later...

Just been on otib forum , they really do hate del , doc , jody and every other connection to scotland . Every single thread turns to "get this clueless manager out" , "jody is a **** , who's taking the piss ", they are talking about boycotts and sack the board demos . Really turning a bit nasty for them .