A Lackluster Murray Davidson

jfk

Murray has been one of the best Saints players of the last decade and should have got his big money move at the end of the 2012-13 season. Since resigning that summer however he has never been the same player, whether that's due to injury, his off field troubles or simply having no motivation after seeing his dream move fall through I don't know. With our small budget and squad size we cannot afford players contributing nothing and unless Murray improves from now to the end of this campaign he should be released IMO.

Give the guy a break .. He's just back after a long injury...probably never to recapture the form he had before! How difficult must it have been for him to watch his mates on May 17 from the sidelines.

When he is match fit you will get nothing less than 100 per cent from him, will he ever be the player he once was? I doubt it ... But in the mean time whilst he is still a Saints player he deserves our support.

Murray is at his best when he is throwing himself into challenges and charging forward with the ball.

At the moment I don't think that he has the confidence to do this after his knee problems.

He was also one of the brightest prospects in the country and it was assumed that he would get a

move to a bigger club, especially after his appearance for the national side.

It is now in a position that all this is gone and it must be taking a toll on him.

I agree with the last two posts lets get right behind him and give him a great reception.

Lets not forget that Murray is not just a footballer he is also a normal guy going through a

really hard time at the moment.

Murray is at his best when he is throwing himself into challenges and charging forward with the ball.

At the moment I don't think that he has the confidence to do this after his knee problems.

He was also one of the brightest prospects in the country and it was assumed that he would get a

move to a bigger club, especially after his appearance for the national side.

It is now in a position that all this is gone and it must be taking a toll on him.

I agree with the last two posts lets get right behind him and give him a great reception.

Lets not forget that Murray is not just a footballer he is also a normal guy going through a

really hard time at the moment.

Good post.Sums up my feelings about Muzz. He was my favourite player 2 seasons ago. Hopefully in the not to distant future he'll get a run in the team and recapture his old form.

Good post.Sums up my feelings about Muzz. He was my favourite player 2 seasons ago. Hopefully in the not to distant future he'll get a run in the team and recapture his old form.

I think everyone wants to see Murray back to his best on the pitch but all this sympathy for his off field troubles just boils my piss. He's not a kid anymore. And he should stop acting like one. Edited by Gordon Drummonds Perm

No idea what the rumours are, although can easy guess given some of these not too subtle posts! What I do know, from a colleague who lives in Innerleithen, is that Muzz, along with Notman - ex hibs, now at Berwick - and another mate love a bevvy. Muzz is also well known in the village to like a wee flutter, particularly on the dogs.

Is it possible that, now he's getting older, his lifestyle might be catching up with him?

Edited by Nelly78

Incidentally, I read/heard somewhere down here that all footballers and Management in Professional leagues in England are banned from betting on anything football related from this season. Not sure if the same applies oop north but it could be the Ronnie Moore effect.

Edited by Saintdunc

That's been the case in Scotland for some time now. It's an incredibly straightforward rule; if you are a footballer don't bet on any football. And yet numerous people state "it's not clear". It's actually a rare example of the SFA being very clear and leaving no room for ambiguity!