St Johnstone V St Mirren 11/1/14 Ko 1500

rik2304

Whilst you lot were enjoying a good day out, an easy win and succulent pie, "we" decided it was too cold to go to the footy, and that "we" really preferred to go to Tesco in Cupar, whilst listening to the footy on the radio. You'll understand "we" were really happy with that.

Cupar took us prisoner for an hour.

A combination of bizarre roadworks, their crazy one-way system, and completely inadequate signage meant that we spent an hour trying to get out of the feckin place and back on the Perth road. Round and round in circles. Various pedestrians began to greet us as old friends as we drove past them for the fifth time. Some of them particularly enjoyed me losing my temper and driving the wrong way up a one-way street in a desperate bid to be free of the shit-hole. The Beloved dissolved into tears, and I invented 6 new swear-words. I was especially proud of "feckbuggarcunttwatbastards".

Eventually I completely lost it, picked an exit road at random, and we spent a very, very long time driving through various north Fife hamlets in the deepening gloom (both meteorologically and emotionally) following a dodgy 20 year old road map that led us, finally, back into civilisation. We passed at least 6 dodgy characters playing banjos at the road-side, and drove through a place where years of alcohol and incest had caused the brain-damaged ihabitants to name it "Pickletullum". Whilst listening to the Beloved's quiet sobbing and various twats slagging-off the size of the McD crowd, which they had got completely wrong.

See next week?

Wur ****in GOIN.

Cupar is a braw wee place sur, you"ve been a yokel in Abersnecky too long to handle the big cities :laugh:

And the Midden yoof are in total denial of events which unfolded then :mad:

Was on the way home and seen a bit of a rammy not close enough to actually see anything (honest) but there was a claim of somebuddy

stabbing/slashing a saintee. Thank **** it was just his jacket. No fun getting chibbed mate. Only shitebags carry blades.

Was on the way home and seen a bit of a rammy not close enough to actually see anything (honest) but there was a claim of somebuddy

stabbing/slashing a saintee. Thank **** it was just his jacket. No fun getting chibbed mate. Only shitebags carry blades.

3 Polis were talking to folk opposite Dickens - they were talking about a few Bottles being thrown - Certainly a few broken ones outside the Kebab shop -

Didn't make the game yesterday, the purchase of 4 semifinal tickets earlier in the week meant i was a little short on funds for this game.

Stevie May certainly scores his fair share of impressive goals by doing the unexpected. The 2nd against united scored from a tight angle when the defender probably thought a cut back was more probable. Yesterday scoring a belter when it looked like only a cross was likely.

Onwards and upwards. Now just to rip the arse out of our dodgy away form before the semi final and give the dons a very necessary ego deflation, you would think they were a stick on to win the champions league listening to their supporters

I was keeping an eye on Goodwin yesterday and we played a blinder by having a different person on him at each corner. Our players were giving as good as they got and he certainly was not able to boss the game or have an effect on any one player.

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene, did Goodwin actually play, didnt get one mention

He's not the first. Did Dundee United not also mention it. FWIW there was clearly a deflection on the ball. It looped off the defenders back.

McManus clearly thought so too, although he thought May might've hit his standing foot.

FWIW, I thought it looked deflected too after watching the behind the goal angle. Doesn't take anything away from what was a superb goal, though!

He's not the first. Did Dundee United not also mention it. FWIW there was clearly a deflection on the ball. It looped off the defenders back.

From the Tv coverage, it's inconclusive if there was a deflection - I certainly didn't see one and as I said previously I was sat right behind the line of the shot.  What is an absolute certainty is that if there was it was very slight - nothing like you said in your first post on the sybject where you claimed the shot was heading  yard wide.

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene, did Goodwin actually play, didnt get one mention

No but the reporter in the paper said it was a harsh booking.I was half expecting Sportscene to highlight the supposed kick that May was supposed to have made on Goodwin.

Highlights did not make it clear, but from where I was seated near the halfway line in the East stand, there was a slight deflection which I commented on at the time.

from where I was seated, about 20 yards away from the laddie, it was a clean strike. Not the slightest hint of a deflection. May simply looked uo and curled his foot round the ball and popped it up and over the haplesss keeper.. :laugh:

from where I was seated, about 20 yards away from the laddie, it was a clean strike. Not the slightest hint of a deflection. May simply looked uo and curled his foot round the ball and popped it up and over the haplesss keeper.. :laugh:

For me the deflection off the defender's back sent the ball up in the air rather than affecting its left/right direction (can't think of how to express that properly) still a good goal