Season Over For Muzz

glenrothes saintee

Patella tendon - unusual injury for a footballer I guess.  Usually the ligaments to the rear of the knee joint that are damaged.  I wonder what the prognosis is for such an injury - long term issues etc?  Wishing him a quick and trouble free recovery, and hope Saints do the right thing and extend his contract beyond the summer, because Muzz has been a great servant for the club.

Patella tendon - unusual injury for a footballer I guess.  Usually the ligaments to the rear of the knee joint that are damaged.  I wonder what the prognosis is for such an injury - long term issues etc?  Wishing him a quick and trouble free recovery, and hope Saints do the right thing and extend his contract beyond the summer, because Muzz has been a great servant for the club.

Similar injury the goalkeeper Allan Ferguson sustained while playing for us, circumstances similar to, by landing awkwardly on one leg. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and it doesn't affect his overall game too much.

Have read some bits and pieces about the injury, and they all seem to suggest that the earlier surgery is carried out the better, so in that respect he has been taken care of very well.  The explanations I have read say he'll be completely immobilised for 6-7 weeks.  That's a depressing thought itself.

Terrible news. Absoloutely gutted for the lad.

I've noticed a bit of negativity directed towards Murray Davidson both on here and social network sites in recent months, which I think stems form his u-turn in the summer. In my opinion thats bang out of order. We signed Murray for a small fee and since then he has played a major part in establishing Saints in the top league in Scotland, been a crucial part of the teams which have seen us qualify for European football and also managed to gain a Scotland cap. I believe he was well within his right to look at other options in the summer and dont hold any ill feeling towards him for looking for a better deal financially.

He is going to be a massive loss to us. He is a fighter though, so hopefully he can get back to full fitness and we will see him in a Saints side once again.

Oh Murray, Murray.....

I've noticed a bit of negativity directed towards Murray Davidson both on here and social network sites in recent months, which I think stems form his u-turn in the summer. In my opinion thats bang out of order. We signed Murray for a small fee and since then he has played a major part in establishing Saints in the top league in Scotland, been a crucial part of the teams which have seen us qualify for European football and also managed to gain a Scotland cap. I believe he was well within his right to look at other options in the summer and dont hold any ill feeling towards him for looking for a better deal financially.

He is going to be a massive loss to us. He is a fighter though, so hopefully he can get back to full fitness and we will see him in a Saints side once again.

Oh Murray, Murray.....

I hadn't noticed much negativity towards Muzz. Most I know were delighted that we were going to have his services again, having thought it was a cert he would be leaving us.

Some were perhaps critical of his form early in the season, but I think that was just as you would discuss any player that you didn't think was performing as well as you would have hoped.

He will be a huge miss for us. Muzz on top of his game is formidable

• 3 weeks later...

Oh Murray, Murray.....

unfortunately i don't think he will never be fully fit, thats why he re signed for us in the summer

Edited by wee john

• 3 months later...

It'd be a big surprise if anyone else took a punt on him considering his last 2-3 seasons of injury woes. It's easy to forget how good a player he is.

It sounds like Saints are offering a short term contract (until January I would expect?) - seems strange to me. If he comes back fit and strong he can leave in January for nought then. Unlike others we have offered short term deals to, Muzz is obvious class and should be playing at a higher level.