Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

I know this might sound a bit naive but one of my big fears is that the lads take stage fright; I'm sure Tommy is preparing the boys for the cauldron of noise that awaits them but for me the first 15/ 20 is going to be huge. I hope the coaching staff are banging home how we have to be alert at the start of the game.

I don't want to be chasing the game early. If we are up for this from the gun we will have a great chance. 

I know this might sound a bit naive but one of my big fears is that the lads take stage fright; I'm sure Tommy is preparing the boys for the cauldron of noise that awaits them but for me the first 15/ 20 is going to be huge. I hope the coaching staff are banging home how we have to be alert at the start of the game.

I don't want to be chasing the game early. If we are up for this from the gun we will have a great chance. 

I understand where you're coming from.  However, the way we worked our way back into the game without panicking after going behind early in the Semi gives me hope that we could come back again if necessary.  If we are to go behind better it is early to give us more time to come back.  Then again we were 2 behind very late against Celtic...... :laugh:  :laugh:

I think we might find almost an identical team starting that played at tannadice this season with one change. Maclean in and one central midfielder out.

Agreed.Croft has been here for a while now & I think he is fatter than he was when he came.

Croft has lost quite a lot of weight :confused:

Edited by PerthSeany

I know Tommy has liked playing MacDonald this year but can't see him starting him for the final. Would have played him at Inverness for match fitness after his injury. Imagine the team being: 

Mannus

MacKay Anderson Wright Easton

Dunne Millar                             

Spoony      O'Halloran     May      

MacLean

Last couple of games Tommy has played O'Halloran in a sort of floating role with Spoony switching wings when May joins the attack and can see the same thing happening for the final

Can I just say, for the avoidance of doubt, that I am not a MacDonald hater. I think he has had some poor games this season, and deserves some criticism on those occasions, but doesn't deserve the abuse he sometimes gets. I am not overly concerned if he plays in the final, and if he does I hope he plays well. I personally think Millar is a better option on this occasion. He always plays well on the big occasion, and is 100% fit, where GM clearly isn't.

None of our players deserve any abuse before during or after a fecking cup final. Whether they play great or have a howler, they will give 100%, of that I am sure.