Dundee Utd

Gshrek

In no attempt to be patronising nor gloating at our result...but.....well done to UTD for the numbers that followed your great club to the final today...many thanks and absolute respect to the many buses we passed today that were tangerine.....you applauded us and we returned the compliment.....

Poor, poor comments by MacNamara

We were the more creative of the teams yesterday, but we were also the stronger, the more committed and the hardest working

Every top side in the world has a player who breaks up the opposition play. I really think he believes that other teams should just allow his 'classy' players to just do what they want

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

There was a hardcore of Dundee United supports in the south stand who stayed and not only applauded their team but the Saints team too . Two or three of the Saints players actually applauded back, which I thought was great.

Lots of congratulations from Utd fans on the way back to the station and on the choo choo. Credit to their club. Thought their mass exodus was abut off though - their players having played 45 odd games to get to the final showdown of the season and they desert them because they fell short, not through a lack of trying.

I'd like to think that if it were the other way around we would have stayed until the trophy was presented.

(With a massive 'I don't want to jinx this' caveat) before kick-off I said to my brother that Utd do have genuinely good young players, but an utterly spineless and naive tactician lining them up on the pitch. I was so right (for a change). Of all the individual duals yesterday, Tommy Wright absolutely destroyed Jackie MacNamara. Why he's so highly rated as a manager is completely beyond me.

Edited by montrosesaintee

It was a clash of footballing styles, with McNamara opting for his usual passing approach against the direct, pressing and energetic St Johnstone side.

From the united website.

BITTER!!!!!

We had more possession than them. We have 4 more shots on target than them. All they did was lump it long to Ciftci.

We played the better football.

Edited by PerthSeany

Regarding Jackie's comments.  I like Jackie and like the way he structures a team, but he is a football snob, most of those spending the best part of their career as part of the 'Celtic family' tend to be that way.  He was clearly disappointed yesterday but his comments were a tad bitter...its a bit silly to be dominated for an hour of the match, and then complain about Saints 'spoiler' tactics, especially with Saints bouncing around with the cup in the background.......just make a fool of yersel in those circumstances! 

I too was a bit disappointed by the exodus in the closing minutes, but heartened by the post on here regarding peoples experiences before and after the game.  The whole occasion was a terrific advert for Scottish football.

I thought the same. The regulars probably did, and fair play to those who were still there when Saints went up to lift the Cup.

You are correct, some of the regulars did stay right to the end and did wait until Saints got the cup. Pleased to sat that one of them is my other half who did stay as I spotted them and their best Arab mate still standing in the Lisbon Lion upper stand.

We had begun the day as a mixed group of Saints and Arabs having a champagne accompanied full breakfast, the whole time we walked up together to the match there was great banter. On the way back to our lift again there was no bother with most Arabs congratulating me on Saints win, this is how football should be and the bigot brothers just don't get it.

So today one half of the household is a bit down but has said that Saints deserved their win.

As for me, well does this cover just a wee but of it #Isawsaintsmakehistory

Edited by Jad

Regarding Jackie's comments.  I like Jackie and like the way he structures a team, but he is a football snob, most of those spending the best part of their career as part of the 'Celtic family' tend to be that way.  He was clearly disappointed yesterday but his comments were a tad bitter...its a bit silly to be dominated for an hour of the match, and then complain about Saints 'spoiler' tactics, especially with Saints bouncing around with the cup in the background.......just make a fool of yersel in those circumstances! 

I too was a bit disappointed by the exodus in the closing minutes, but heartened by the post on here regarding peoples experiences before and after the game.  The whole occasion was a terrific advert for Scottish football.

Good player, shite manager IMO.

Erseholes o fans. When we played Aberdeen hearts I thought their fans were bad, plenty of them spent 90 minutes facing us and giving us abuse and not even looking at the game. Yesterday plenty of buses we passed had grown men flashing their bits.. I used to think utd fans were ok but now i fecking dislike the cuxxs

Regarding Jackie's comments. I like Jackie and like the way he structures a team, but he is a football snob, most of those spending the best part of their career as part of the 'Celtic family' tend to be that way. He was clearly disappointed yesterday but his comments were a tad bitter...its a bit silly to be dominated for an hour of the match, and then complain about Saints 'spoiler' tactics, especially with Saints bouncing around with the cup in the background.......just make a fool of yersel in those circumstances!

I too was a bit disappointed by the exodus in the closing minutes, but heartened by the post on here regarding peoples experiences before and after the game. The whole occasion was a terrific advert for Scottish football.

Why do you like him? He's an ungracious cock.

Steve Lomas did a great job for us but I never liked him.