Could Saints Be In Trouble From Uefa?

saint-johns-toun

UEFA hates any kind of invasion and you tend to see fines.  Rather sad that the invasion took place and Tommy did a great job telling them to get back tae the stands.

The club warned fans last year.

Put it this way, if it was carried out at Celtic Park, guaranteed press coverage and fine.

My thoughts are a bit mixed on this one.

I was sitting in the area down the front where Tam Scobbie and the team ran over to and there was such a surge down the front that people were getting forced on to the track/pitch. After this the Police/Stewards lost control of the situation a bit and it was a free for all, with more running on. There is an argument that just because people were getting forced on to the trackside, that they then dont need to run on to the pitch, but I genuinely think people just got caught up in the eurphoria of the moment.

Just as well the Police on the Main Stand side were on the ball though, otherwise things could have turned really nasty, as the Luzern fans didnt seem to take too kindly to Saints fans running on the pitch.

Dundee United got fined 5,000 Euros a few years ago and that was for only one person invading the pitch.

Edited by Aitchy

Just as well the Police on the Main Stand side were on the ball though, otherwise things could have turned really nasty, as the Luzern fans didnt seem to take too kindly to Saints fans running on the pitch.

A few of them were on the track looking to get involved but they never tried too hard to get past the police.

Good on the Luzern fans I say, there was potential there for a mass brawl. We will get a fine and I hope anyone who entered the pitch is good enough to forward a donation to cover it. Although the majority would have to go asking their mum and dads for an advance on their pocket money!

A few of our eejits made a straight dash across the pitch to try and goad the Luzern fans to come onto the pitch aswell, thankfully as you say the police were on the ball or it could have been a real nasty situation.

special mention must also go to the Luzern goalkeeper, who got himself between the Luzern fans and the line of Police and was urging their support to calm down and stay in the stand.  Fair play to him for that.

A few of our eejits made a straight dash across the pitch to try and goad the Luzern fans to come onto the pitch aswell, thankfully as you say the police were on the ball or it could have been a real nasty situation.

special mention must also go to the Luzern goalkeeper, who got himself between the Luzern fans and the line of Police and was urging their support to calm down and stay in the stand. Fair play to him for that.

That goalie was trying to involve himself in everything last night!

Special mention must also go to the Luzern goalkeeper, who got himself between the Luzern fans and the line of Police and was urging their support to calm down and stay in the stand.  Fair play to him for that.

Fair play to him for applauding the Saints fans in the main stand as he left the pitch 10 minutes later too, along with most of his team-mates.  They played the referee during the game, and there were a few niggly moments, but at full time they were as gracious in defeat as any team I've seen,  Comparisons to Minks are therefore well wide of the mark in my opinion.

Total Wankers. I hope UEFA take note that 99% of the fans booed the wee fannies and they were quickly rounded back up and put I their pen. If the club are fined then the club should open up a donation line from each of the idiots who went on the pitch to pay the club back. And when the club charge £30 next time we all know why.

Fair play to him for applauding the Saints fans in the main stand as he left the pitch 10 minutes later too, along with most of his team-mates.  They played the referee during the game, and there were a few niggly moments, but at full time they were as gracious in defeat as any team I've seen,  Comparisons to Minks are therefore well wide of the mark in my opinion.

Absolutely, I really cannot see the comparison people are making with Minsk.  FCL were professional, dignified, good hosts, played the game, were not cynical and not bitter at FT.  Granted some of the aspects of their play were rather "European", but we handled all of that very well.  Their fans did not react and were an added positive feature of the night.   Minsk on the other hand............. :evil:

special mention must also go to the Luzern goalkeeper, who got himself between the Luzern fans and the line of Police and was urging their support to calm down and stay in the stand.  Fair play to him for that.

I never noticed that. I thought it was just a few silly kids congratulating the players but what you say was in the paper as well. Was hoping it might slip under the radar.

I never noticed that. I thought it was just a few silly kids congratulating the players but what you say was in the paper as well. Was hoping it might slip under the radar.

There were about half a dozen ran towards the Luzern fans, but didn't get too close.  Probably only 2 or 3 were actively goading them though.  It was over in about 30 seconds.

A night of emotion. Cut the wee lads who ran on the pitch some slack. Of course, stern warning further required. It;'s the way I brought up my eldest lad and he has turned out to be just a dream....  :roll:

No problem with them spilling out onto the trackside to celebrate with the players, that is understandable at times.  But running 100 yards across the pitch to goad the opposition fans was completely out of order and utterly f*cking stupid.