Whats The Atmosphere Like.....

Dr Christmas Jones

I Don't go to many games due to where I live, but what a bloody sad state of affairs when a group of lads who actualy brought some noise to the ground have been banned. TYPICAL PERTH. I'd rather run the risk of the odd fine and have a bouncy atmosphere compared to what is more akin to a funeral service. We're these the lads who organised the flags for euro game and the card display?

A good atmosphere in the stadium can make the difference for both the players on the pitch and the spectators in the stands. A good atmosphere in a stadium should matter to the business people who run the club because it can attract even more ticket buyers.

The boost a lively crowd gives to the team can help bring success on match day.

Creating an atmosphere is not only about generating as much noise as possible. It is also about making the fans feel they are part of an event and giving them an experience they could not get by watching it on television at home.

The Young team did that, bring them back and let them help create an atmosphere

I have not been as much as hoped this season so haven't seen the change, but let's be honest they were wee pr*cks, I have no idea what they done either bit imagine something pr*ckish, if what someone says about Police advice is true then it's no cause they said some bad words in a song or two, if left to get on with it the way way they were going folk bet walking about us same way talk about old Firm fans. They were great with atmosphere no denying that but I'm not fussed to see them go, been few times been at big and handful of them doing drugs etc, No time for that tbh, I know of someone who "was" a Celtic fan until this whole perth pact thing stated now a die hard saints fan cause thinks he in a gang nothing else. I'd rather we focused on the people left in the seats. I normally sit that end of the east stand and can be great when they were on form but occasionally can sit opposite side of East and like opposites, the singin dies oot half way, need to get these people involved, how we do that is difficult and prob exuasted, but there is a core group left that can take the role of the young team and lead with singing, can't rely on drugged up green street wannabes for our entertainment

I know of someone who "was" a Celtic fan until this whole perth pact thing stated now a die hard saints fan cause thinks he in a gang nothing else.

There will be lots of Saints fans that have previously supported a different team before they've seen the light. It's difficult for some people who come from a family of Old Firm fans to break the cycle and they should be applauded for doing so, not looked down upon for it. That's coming from someone who has always been a Saints fan who was lucky enough to have Saints supporters in the last two generations.

As for the rest of the post, I go to the majority of games and have never once seen the Young Team taking drugs. I've seen a few of them acting like they might have been on drugs, but if they are taking them discreetly then it's hardly the biggest crime in the world and will have zero impact on Saints as a club or on our reputation.

Yes there are the odd stupid incidents that are uncalled for (pitch invasions, pyro at the European games) but the reputation they were giving us was positive on the whole IMO, can't remember the last time I've seen opposition fans slag the atmosphere at McD and we used to get that after every match. They are a big loss to our support.

We are in the entertainment business. Atmosphere is attractive to newbie saints youngsters, and its fun for most of us older bunch, and sure as hell the players feed off it. Where do they all run to when a key goal is scored?

Some of the shortsightedness in this thread is mind numbing.....  how to kill a fan base and a club by the 'morgue supporters society'.

There will be lots of Saints fans that have previously supported a different team before they've seen the light. It's difficult for some people who come from a family of Old Firm fans to break the cycle and they should be applauded for doing so, not looked down upon for it. That's coming from someone who has always been a Saints fan who was lucky enough to have Saints supporters in the last two generations.

As for the rest of the post, I go to the majority of games and have never once seen the Young Team taking drugs. I've seen a few of them acting like they might have been on drugs, but if they are taking them discreetly then it's hardly the biggest crime in the world and will have zero impact on Saints as a club or on our reputation.

Yes there are the odd stupid incidents that are uncalled for (pitch invasions, pyro at the European games) but the reputation they were giving us was positive on the whole IMO, can't remember the last time I've seen opposition fans slag the atmosphere at McD and we used to get that after every match. They are a big loss to our support.

Maybe I was unlucky seen it twice one Discrete once not, your right has no major impact on club but just a personal thing of mine which maybe fuelled the rant, I was more trying the make the point (in round about rant) that I don't see why we relay on them for it, there is enough people moaning about to to make the difference, maybe I'm wrong but if image there not a lot of large groups like them go, they started it all as when they sing they know there is enough of them to not look stupid, most folk go in smaller groups and but there is still a mass behind where they sat who could take over, just need to be confident cone together and start singing and encourage folk join in, easier said than done though I usual sit round there and so includes me, I'm not sad to see them go but agree there is something missing without them, hopefully we can fill it

Believe it or not it's possible to go to the Football and make a cracking atmosphere by singing, clapping, chanting, waving flags and banners and having some banter without being a complete and utter t***. None of these lads will have been banned for creating an atmosphere so lets not make a martyr out of them. Yes I think they bring something to the party and yes it's great to have young and enthusiastic fans getting right behind the team. However, that shouldn't be at the expense of those around them not having to endure thuggary and wankishness. I'm not the only one who lost any sympathy of the 'Young Team' when they started lobbing broken seats at our own Goalkeeper in the Semi-Final at Tynie.

Atmosphere at a football increases the pleasure 10fold.

McD is probably one of the worst in the country at the moment, earlier in the season it was fanatastic.

The atmosphere at the European matches was incredible, obviously a bit too noisy and enjoyable for some :roll:

To be fair John, I don't think anyone was saying that the atmosphere and noisiness weren't enjoyable....everyone enjoys that. It's the other bits and pieces that go with the young team are the problem....having seen it a close hand, it's not great.

To be fair John, I don't think anyone was saying that the atmosphere and noisiness weren't enjoyable....everyone enjoys that. It's the other bits and pieces that go with the young team are the problem....having seen it a close hand, it's not great.

Boys will be boys , gotta let them make their own mistakes before they learn .