Joe Shaughnessy

ancientsaint

Dons fan here.

Shug is a quality centre back. Try not to play him at right back though.

Without wanting to seem arrogant, it shows how far we've improved in the past two years if we can let a player of his ability go. No doubt he'll be a strong contender for your first team next season. Few years ago he would have been a strong contender for our first team.

Also, good luck at the weekend. Would love to see the Pikeys miss out on Europe, we'll be playing a good few youth players, so feel free.

Never had a problem with you lads, all the best.

Dons fan here.

Without wanting to seem arrogant, it shows how far we've improved in the past two years if we can let a player of his ability go. No doubt he'll be a strong contender for your first team next season. Few years ago he would have been a strong contender for our first team.

Also, good luck at the weekend. Would love to see the Pikeys miss out on Europe, we'll be playing a good few youth players, so feel free.

Thanks very much for the feedback on our new boy.

In fairness, we're no slouches at the back ourselves. I think we've only conceded 2 or 3 more goals than you, and that's with a lot less at the other end!

Encouraged by the Aberdeen fans' feedback on him. Seems well liked - could prove a great bit of business seeing as he's only 22.

Tommy Wright in The Courier today saying that Shaugnessy will start the season at right back, as Dave MacKay will be recovering from surgery.

Good to see us bring in the likes of Shaugnessy and Brad McKay. Two young lads, who have experience of playing football in the top flight and should have a point to prove. Hopefully Frazer Wright signs on for another year, so that the likes of him and Dave MacKay can help Shaugnessy and McKay settle into the club and let them know what we are all about.

Wont be easy for Tommy Wright next season though. He will have 7 senior defenders fighting for 4 places in the defences and thats not even taking into account the younger lads like Ally Gilchrist and Gareth Rodgers.

Dons fan here.

Cheers for the feedback, sounds promising

ont be easy for Tommy Wright next season though. He will have 7 senior defenders fighting for 4 places in the defences and thats not even taking into account the younger lads like Ally Gilchrist and Gareth Rodgers.

Need to have a few options to rotate if we're going to be playing midweeks in Europe again  :cool:  :cool:

Pretty chuffed with this signing. Aberdeen fans seem to rate him, very much like Hearts with McKay.

It never worries me when I hear opposition fans say things such as "great wee player, just couldn't quite get into the team- with xy or z in there". That's due to the reason that after a short while xy or z is gone to bigger things, whilst we've built up a good player with regular game time. Danny Wilson at Hearts is the prime example this summer. Think of all the centre-backs United have gone through in the past decade when they could of kept a fantastic servant in Anderson.

These two lads will prosper alongside players like MacKay, Ando, Easton and possibly Wright helping their development and continuing a solid unit.

Good point the same was said about Spoony.. Hibs fans loved him.. Lets hope we get the same dedication from these two

I think McInnes was wrong putting the lad in that situation by playing him against us in the last game where there was so much riding on it for us. 

If he'd made a mistake that led to a Saints goal, he'd have got pelters from the sheep and McInnes no doubt. Thankfully our goal came from the other side of the pitch.

If he'd scored with the 30 yarder and stopped us going fourth, he'd have got pelters from us, and wouldn't have had the best of starts in a life in blue.

Or if he'd got a bad tackle which ended in a serious injury by one of our players.

No, thought McInnes was out of order, so do a lot of the sheep supporters at work.

Shame on you McInnes :cool:   

I think McInnes was wrong putting the lad in that situation by playing him against us in the last game where there was so much riding on it for us. 

If he'd made a mistake that led to a Saints goal, he'd have got pelters from the sheep and McInnes no doubt. Thankfully our goal came from the other side of the pitch.

If he'd scored with the 30 yarder and stopped us going fourth, he'd have got pelters from us, and wouldn't have had the best of starts in a life in blue.

Or if he'd got a bad tackle which ended in a serious injury by one of our players.

No, thought McInnes was out of order, so do a lot of the sheep supporters at work.

Shame on you McInnes :cool:   

I think pre-contract agreements shouldn't be publicised in the first place. I can't understand why clubs/players do it. It doesn't do anyone any favours.

I think pre-contract agreements shouldn't be publicised in the first place. I can't understand why clubs/players do it. It doesn't do anyone any favours.

I agree. But I also think that it settles down the fans that need to see the club visibly looking for players and succeeding in doing so and Saints certainly needed to show that this season. It's kind of a publicity stunt in a way. Even if it goes wrong it can get you a new minibus.....

I certainly had no problem with him playing against us. It showed us what a good professional he is, as Liam Craig did for us after he had signed a PCA with Hibs he absolutely bust a gut for us at the end of his last season with us and his goals helped us over the line to Euro qualification. I do suppose for all the Joe Shaughnessys, Liam Craigs and Graeme Shinnies from ICT today you get you could always land with a Richard Brittain