Forest want Tommy

jhq

I don't see TW as a hugely ambitious guy and in many ways I think being Saints manager is perfect job for him.

However he would be bound to be tempted if offered a job with Championship team that he had played for.Forest's average crowd was 19,676 this season when they were 16th in table. I expect they could treble TW's salary with Saints. 

Went onto oddschecker and the bookies favourite is Steve Evans at best odds of 6/4.

Owen Coyle is 50/1 and other names quoted include Ruud Gullit,  Jurgen Klinsmann and Thierry Henry.

No mention of Tommy Wright though. 

Two words, Daily Record... It's made up...

He is the only good Scottish manager with any sort of tenuous link to Nottingham Forest and the Daily Record is a Scottish newspaper with screeds of column inches to fill... There is only so many Mark Warburton double page spreads they can do, you know..

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

The Record have had numerous articles over the past two months talking about how Tommy deserves a big move and how hes too good for us. So wouldn't be a huge shock if this is just a continuation of that.

In saying that his name was mentioned on the Forest forum before that article even came out (probably where the Record got it from, tbh), and has been brought up a few times by their fans on Twitter as being a target. It wouldn't be a huge shock if he was, as thats them just got past their FFP ban and are seemingly looking for a manager who's comfortable working under a smaller budget than the rest of the league. 

Fair play to him if he gets it, he owes us nothing and Forest are an absolutely huge club with potential to be comfortable in the EPL. Can't help but feel they'll go for someone with experience in the league though.

Guest ScottMann

Interesting that their fans were mentioning him. My first thought was that they would be up in arms about a manager coming from the worse than non league Scottish pub league. Agree with others that it'll never happen.

He's been hell of a lucky with us. Folks calling for his sacking only this season through winter.  Luck will run out, I'm nervous for how next season will start out..  either way I support St Johnstone and would hope oor chairmen declines any speculative approach.

Paper talk... We've got another few months of this fantasiful writing.

In Tommy we Trust. 

He's been hell of a lucky with us. Folks calling for his sacking only this season through winter.  Luck will run out, I'm nervous for how next season will start out..  either way I support St Johnstone and would hope oor chairmen declines any speculative approach.

Paper talk... We've got another few months of this fantasiful writing.

In Tommy we Trust. 

What has he been lucky with? Sustaining a decent Premiership standard squad? Masterminding some of the best moments in our history? Continually motivating the squad to successive top half finishes? Consistently tactically outclassing so-called bigger teams?

That's all down to the man, not down to luck.

Interesting that their fans were mentioning him. My first thought was that they would be up in arms about a manager coming from the worse than non league Scottish pub league. Agree with others that it'll never happen.

Their fans seem split. One half seem to think Scottish Football is "barely League Two level" so all his achievements are laughable. While the other half point to Alex Neil getting Norwich promoted and make the point that TWs achieved far more

Let the idiots think this LAUGH OUT LOUD

Their fans seem split. One half seem to think Scottish Football is "barely League Two level" so all his achievements are laughable. While the other half point to Alex Neil getting Norwich promoted and make the point that TWs achieved far more

Maybe TW misses Nottingham and we need to give him a big East Stand chant of the robin hoods to make him feel at ease.

Tommy Wright Tommy Wright leader of the pack

Tommy Wright Tommy Wright got Jackie mac the sack

Swanson on the left Spoony on the right

Tommy Wright Tommy Wright Tommy Wright

Maybe TW misses Nottingham and we need to give him a big East Stand chant of the robin hoods to make him feel at ease.

Tommy Wright Tommy Wright leader of the pack

Tommy Wright Tommy Wright got Jackie mac the sack

Swanson on the left Spoony on the right

Tommy Wright Tommy Wright Tommy Wright

G.B.R.A. you have exceeded yourself here pal.:laugh: